Woman arrested for following her religion?

If you wanted to discuss this passage, you should have just posted it. The Abraham one doesn't really fit since it's not telling anyone else to do what Abraham did, but this one seems to fit:

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

You should have just posted the passage for discussion. It's a pretty sick passage, eh? *rolls eyes at Religions*

It's clear from the link provided in the original post that religion has nothing to do with these murders. Why the Original poster believes he can use this to attack faith anyone's guess.

My experience is that those who have to lie to make their points, generally aren't grounded in the truth.

It's clear from the link provided in the original post that religion has nothing to do with these murders. Why the Original poster believes he can use this to attack faith anyone's guess.

My experience is that those who have to lie to make their points, generally aren't grounded in the truth.

Well, the scripture quoted doesn't stand too good on its own, either.

Yep JB a failed thread because the woman did not submit her children to be stoned to death by the elders.

Interesting though how people pick and choose the parts of the bible to follow and those not to follow.

Well maybe customs were different in those old days, and it was deemed vital to have obedient children, and socially acceptable to impose substantial punishment for disobedience. :Boom2: :shock:

Last edited:
Please tell me you've made a mistake, because your link goes to a story about a woman accused of murdering her two children being denied bail. It makes my brain hurt to wonder how that amounts to atheists imposing themselves on "good Jews and Christians" for following their religion.

No mistake, just nuts or high or both.

I'm betting it was the drugs that lead her to do this, and not her religion.

Please tell me you've made a mistake, because your link goes to a story about a woman accused of murdering her two children being denied bail. It makes my brain hurt to wonder how that amounts to atheists imposing themselves on "good Jews and Christians" for following their religion.

he didn't make a mistake he's trolling.

Perhaps the OP likes to do what Satan did?

Satan tried to make people doubt God's Word and he twisted it for his own glory and agenda.

Do not forget the New Testament/New Covenant, which the Lord already planned. He knew we needed a Savior, Jesus Christ.

The OP could perhaps do a Biblical study on "liberty" and "grace".

2 Corinthians 3:5-18 (King James Version)

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

13 And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

So he used to be such an angry God, but then had a son and sort of mellowed out a bit huh? :eusa_whistle:

hey... she can believe what she wants...

so long as she understands that a lot of us don't believe what she does.

although i've never understood why people use a book i don't believe in to tell me i should believe in the book. :dunno:

I'm just waiting for all the Christians to act like what she did was wrong.

:confused:

Was it right?

:confused:

Was it right?
Apparently she was wrong for not letting everyone else in on the fun? :dunno:

Oh, I get it. So for every 25 or so Muslim honor killings, we get 1 white christian lady who kills her kids. Thus, we should ignore the massively disproportionate number of Muslims committing murder on behalf of their religion since we can also eventually find an example of another religion doing it?

Hey, ignore this massive lung tumor.......look at the tiny skin cancer on the pinky toe instead!!!!

Oh, I get it. So for every 25 or so Muslim honor killings, we get 1 white christian lady who kills her kids. Thus, we should ignore the massively disproportionate number of Muslims committing murder on behalf of their religion since we can also eventually find an example of another religion doing it?

Hey, ignore this massive lung tumor.......look at the tiny skin cancer on the pinky toe instead!!!!

So we only need to be 25X better than the Muslims?

I have ZERO tolerance for this type of killings.
I do however live mostly in reality and realize we are dealing with humans.
I saw no reason to equate this tragedy in any way with muslims.

It seems the atheists are now trying to imprison good Jews and Christians who are trying to obey God's word as best as they can in this sinful times and wicked society.

Disgusting.

Are you that upset that I told you you were not smart enough to be a troll?

The woman was obviously not following her religion, if she happens to be a person who follows Deuteronomy, because she did not take the children before the elders of the city to be stoned.

Fail.

Forum List

Back