Witness Says U.S. Troops Beat Al-Zarqawi After Bombing

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Didn't take them long to come up with this bullshit story...

POSTED: 10:33 am EDT June 10, 2006
UPDATED: 10:44 am EDT June 10, 2006

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- An Iraqi man who was one of the first people on the scene after an airstrike that led to the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi told Associated Press Television News that he saw American troops beating a man who had a beard like the al-Qaida leader.
The witness said he saw the man lying on the ground, badly wounded but still alive. He said U.S. troops arriving on the scene wrapped the man's head in an Arab robe and began beating him. His account cannot be independently verified.
The spokesman for the U.S.-led forces in Iraq says troops tried to provide medical attention after they saw that al-Zarqawi was alive but he recognized them as American troops and tried to get away.

Major Gen. William Caldwell said the troops "re-secured" al-Zarqawi back onto the stretcher before he died almost immediately.

The two 500-pound bombs that obliterated al-Zarqawi's Iraqi hideout cut a wide swath of destruction.

There are no remaining walls in the house. Scattered among the debris of concrete blocks is a pillow with a floral pattern, sandals, a foam mattress, a cooler and part of a washing machine.

A skimpy slip in a leopard skin pattern and other see-through pieces of women's clothing were also found. Three women were among those killed in the house.

Insurgents Vow To Continue Fight In Wake of al-Qaida Leader's Death

Meanwhile, Iraqi insurgent groups said they'll continue to fight after al-Zarqawi's death.

They've sent condolences in Web messages and warned Sunnis not to cooperate with the Iraqi government.

One group posted a video showing militants interrogating and then beheading three Iraqis accused of belonging to a Shiite "death squad" that killed Sunnis.

The posting suggests insurgents want to show that al-Zarqawi's death has not weakened their resolve. It also marks a vicious return to form.

Hostage beheadings had been less common in recent months -- perhaps as al-Zarqawi came under criticism for the slayings, observers have said.
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9351294/detail.html:blowup:

Leave it to the liberal media to come up with more anti military and pro terrorists stuff.

I said this would happen yesterday. Watch out for a "story" accusing the military of using "torture" to get in intel on where the little bastard was to begin with

Yep, everyone living in Habib would tell the truth, right? gag me.

So quick to write the worst of the military, with no proof.

According to the Iraqi Commander the US troops didn't show up until after he was already on the gurney...

They beat his ass allright... with two 500 lb bombs...

no1tovote4 said:
According to the Iraqi Commander the US troops didn't show up until after he was already on the gurney...

They beat his ass allright... with two 500 lb bombs...

Our troops have enough to do without wasting their time getting a DR for the soon to be dead SOB

First off, I don't believe for a second US troops did beat him. Second, in the outside, most remote chance they did, who cares? Guy was a piece of shit. Only bummer is if this Iraqi "witness's" story gets mainstream coverage in Iraq amongst the Sunni and sets off a mini chain reaction...But all in all, a good job...

Of course the "mainstream" media will jump on this. It fits the agenda of the liberal media and it supports their talking points.

1) We are losing the war in Iraq

2) The military is broken

3) The US tortures it prisoners

4) Terrorists are really freedom fighters

So even if this story is not true, the liberal media will lap this up

Let's cut to the chase here. It was me. I found the poor helpless victim of a US airstrike aimed and murdering women and children and I delighted in kicking his broken bones and dragging his broken body back and forth across the rubble making sure he took all the big bumps, until he spolied my fun by dying on me when I wasn't done practicing my military-trained torture techniques.:wtf:

As I mentioned in a previous thread, it still doesn't compare to dragging burned bodies through the streets and hanging them from a bridge. I don't believe the story either, but either way, I dont care what they did to him.

Kind of funny, though, that dropping huge bombs on him is ok, but a few punches or kicks would be a scandal.

What's next- our military accused of racial profiling?

GunnyL said:
Let's cut to the chase here. It was me. I found the poor helpless victim of a US airstrike aimed and murdering women and children and I delighted in kicking his broken bones and dragging his broken body back and forth across the rubble making sure he took all the big bumps, until he spolied my fun by dying on me when I wasn't done practicing my military-trained torture techniques.:wtf:
Dang it Gunny! That means extra training for you and no weekend pass either...

GunnyL said:
but ...but....but ....I was only following orders.:dev3:
You know it's not because of WHAT you were doing...it's how ya did it! there was a looooong line of folks waiting to practice their torture techniques and you screw up and let the guy die...heck we didn't even get a chance to put women's underwear on his head!

If he was running away they had every right to "subdue" him, aka beat his ass down.

I hope he did get his ass beat by soldiers before he died.

I suppose that modern CPR procedures could be construed as a beating particularly by someone who's medical expertise reflects the 12th century medical philosophy.

CSM took my answer. :(

If he was alive when they found him - as the recent claims suggest - then vigorous CPR in order to quickly get his heart started again would most certainly look like one or two people beating him while others stood watch.

Figures, however, that the media would immediately leap to the assertion that we calmly captured Saddam Hussein and didn't lay a finger on him...but for some reason the insane, evil, bloodthirsty troops had to beat a dead man for kicks.

It doesn't have to make sense...as long as it is anti-military it leads...

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Here's some of the autopsy results, he's still dead:

http://austinbay.net/blog/?p=1178

6/12/2006
Live Blogging: The Zarqawi Autopsy: From MNF (US command Iraq) briefing
Filed under:

* General

— site admin @ 6:49 am

7:25 AM CDT: US Army MG Bill Caldwell is briefing. (TV coverage is live on both Fox News and CNN. MSNBC stays with Imus.)

Liveblogging:

MG Caldwell says:

Aircraft conducted the strike on the safe house (holding Zarqawi). The attack took pace at 6:12 PM. About twenty minutes later Iraqi police were on the scene (after the strike). Zarqawi reportedly lapsed in and out of consciousness. Approximately forty minutes coalition forces arrived at the scene. A medic tried to help him. Z’s breathing was labored. A medic checked his pulse. The medic knew Zarqawi had suffered severe internal injuries. The medic concluded Zarqawi’s death was imminent. At 7:04 PM on 7 June Zarqawi was dead (approximately 52 minutes after the first air strike and 24 minutes after coalition forces arrived). Abdul Al-Rahman (Zarqawi’s spiritual adviser) was killed by secondary blast injuries. [Caldwell says the timeline is tentative and a definitive timeline will be available in two days.]

Caldwell is now introducing two medical forensic experts who conducted the autopsy. ONe is a US military doctor, the other a pathologist (the pathologist joins the press conference over the phone).

Autopsies are only conducted in the US or donor countries. The experts conducting the autopsies were flown to Iraq.

“The Iraqi people deserve the facts, to know that the threat of Zarqawi has been eliminated and he was treated bewtter in death than he treated others in life.”

Tne DNA match results are back and the DNA test confirm Zarqawi was killed.

The autopsy was done on Saturday June 10.

One of the forensic experts is briefing, identified as Colone (Dr) Jones. Zarqawi was most likely thrown into an object (wall?) by the blast. He died from primary blast injury (and was therefore most likely in the house when it was hit). An autopsy was also done on Abdul al-Rahman.

QUESTION: Any evidence Zarqawi was beaten?

Medical pathologist (over phone): No, no evidence.

Dr Jones: The injury to his lungs (Zarqawi’s) were not survivable.

CALDWELL: Zarqawi’s and al-Rahman’s remains are still under coalition control.

NBC QUESTION: (several questions) Were the Iraqi police supposed to be there first? What about the medical care?

CALDWELL: (paraphrased) Medical care was provided at the scene. It was very evident he had extremely massive internal injuries. The Iraqi police were not part of this operaton. They were in the area. Coalition forces had not coordinated with them. They heard the blast and showed up.

QUESTION: Were the Iraqi police handcuffed by special forces?

CALDWELL: I have not been made aware of that.

QUESTION: What areas around Iraq were hit in raids after his death?…and are there concerns of Muslim burial rites?

CALDWELL: The government of Iraq is in consultation with the Dept of State about the final disposiiton of the remains. We have followed all the procedures for a coalition soldier having an autopsy…As for other strikes I will have to go back and ask that question. I know the person we were tracking was al-Rahman…11 operations in the immediate (last) 48 hours were based on intelligence related to the raid. The others (current operations) were part of on-going operations in the area. [Caldwell comes back to the latest 11 operations in response to a quesiton later in the briefing.]

CALDWELL: The bodiesof the three females found at the site have been turned over to Iraqi authorities.

QUESTION (Wahington Post): Why did it take at least 28 minutes for coalition forces to arrive.

CALDWELL: (paraphrased) When you are out in the field conducting operations you in your mind must be one hundred percent certain that you are making the best possible decision based on the information you have at the time. That’s what I meant by one hundred percent certain– that they knew that safe house was a legitimate target….This was a time sensitive target. We had been following al-Rahman. Information had told us that a link up between Zarqawi and al-Rahman (we saw) occuring at that time. Given it was a time sensitive target the best asset (we had for the strike) was that aircraft…This was a time sensitive target.

QUESTION: It sounds to me at least that Special Forces were in the air….and was there a suicide belt (on Zarqawi)?

CALDWELL: (paraphrased) Coalition forces were in the area…I am not aware of a suicide belt. (Will have to check)…

The pathologist reports that both bodies (Zarqaei and Rahman) were clothed. Al-Rahman was probably killed by being thrown against a wall. He also had blast injuries.

…(several questions are asked about blasts and lungs)

QUESTION: Are operations now in Ramadi linked to Zarqawi’s death?

CALDWELL:(paraphrased) The operations being conducted at Ramadi right now have been planned for a long time…This is not a Fallujah like operation if that is what you are alluding to. As far as the last 140 raids conducted…at company level and above by Iraqi forces and coalition forces all that I have been made aware of is a situaiton up in Baqabah (where we lost two young children)…[Caldwell makes the point that there are more operations going on– the 140 figure refers to company-sized.]

QUESTION: Are any of the three men killed at the site liable for the $25 million reward? Can you give us an estimate of what you have done to Al Qaeda as a result of this raid in the last four or five days.

CALDWELL: Rewards is a Dept of State program. (Ask them.) As far as the Al Qaeda network we are cautiously optimisztic. We realize this is not going to end the insurgency…but it gives the Iraqi people themselve (a chance to take charge)…The more the Iraqi people continue to take control of their destiny that will be key to ending the insurgency in Iraq.

QUESTION: The 140 attacks. What percentage relat to Zarqawi and where are they?

CALDWELL: 11 in the last 48 hours are attributable to what came from the site (Zarqawi raid). They were within a 15 to 20 kilometer radius of Baghdad.

I’ve tried to concentrate on significant questions. All questions and answers are paraphrased. I’ll look for a press conference transcript when one becomes available.

Forum List

Back