Witness Says U.S. Troops Beat Al-Zarqawi After Bombing

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stephanie, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Didn't take them long to come up with this bullshit story...

POSTED: 10:33 am EDT June 10, 2006
    UPDATED: 10:44 am EDT June 10, 2006

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- An Iraqi man who was one of the first people on the scene after an airstrike that led to the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi told Associated Press Television News that he saw American troops beating a man who had a beard like the al-Qaida leader.
    The witness said he saw the man lying on the ground, badly wounded but still alive. He said U.S. troops arriving on the scene wrapped the man's head in an Arab robe and began beating him. His account cannot be independently verified.
    The spokesman for the U.S.-led forces in Iraq says troops tried to provide medical attention after they saw that al-Zarqawi was alive but he recognized them as American troops and tried to get away.

Major Gen. William Caldwell said the troops "re-secured" al-Zarqawi back onto the stretcher before he died almost immediately.

The two 500-pound bombs that obliterated al-Zarqawi's Iraqi hideout cut a wide swath of destruction.

There are no remaining walls in the house. Scattered among the debris of concrete blocks is a pillow with a floral pattern, sandals, a foam mattress, a cooler and part of a washing machine.

A skimpy slip in a leopard skin pattern and other see-through pieces of women's clothing were also found. Three women were among those killed in the house.

Insurgents Vow To Continue Fight In Wake of al-Qaida Leader's Death

Meanwhile, Iraqi insurgent groups said they'll continue to fight after al-Zarqawi's death.

They've sent condolences in Web messages and warned Sunnis not to cooperate with the Iraqi government.

One group posted a video showing militants interrogating and then beheading three Iraqis accused of belonging to a Shiite "death squad" that killed Sunnis.

The posting suggests insurgents want to show that al-Zarqawi's death has not weakened their resolve. It also marks a vicious return to form.

Hostage beheadings had been less common in recent months -- perhaps as al-Zarqawi came under criticism for the slayings, observers have said.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9351294/detail.html:blowup:

2. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Leave it to the liberal media to come up with more anti military and pro terrorists stuff.

I said this would happen yesterday. Watch out for a "story" accusing the military of using "torture" to get in intel on where the little bastard was to begin with

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yep, everyone living in Habib would tell the truth, right? gag me.

So quick to write the worst of the military, with no proof.

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    According to the Iraqi Commander the US troops didn't show up until after he was already on the gurney...

They beat his ass allright... with two 500 lb bombs...

5. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Our troops have enough to do without wasting their time getting a DR for the soon to be dead SOB

6. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,187
    First off, I don't believe for a second US troops did beat him. Second, in the outside, most remote chance they did, who cares? Guy was a piece of shit. Only bummer is if this Iraqi "witness's" story gets mainstream coverage in Iraq amongst the Sunni and sets off a mini chain reaction...But all in all, a good job...

7. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Of course the "mainstream" media will jump on this. It fits the agenda of the liberal media and it supports their talking points.

1) We are losing the war in Iraq

2) The military is broken

3) The US tortures it prisoners

4) Terrorists are really freedom fighters

So even if this story is not true, the liberal media will lap this up

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Let's cut to the chase here. It was me. I found the poor helpless victim of a US airstrike aimed and murdering women and children and I delighted in kicking his broken bones and dragging his broken body back and forth across the rubble making sure he took all the big bumps, until he spolied my fun by dying on me when I wasn't done practicing my military-trained torture techniques.:wtf:

9. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    As I mentioned in a previous thread, it still doesn't compare to dragging burned bodies through the streets and hanging them from a bridge. I don't believe the story either, but either way, I dont care what they did to him.

Kind of funny, though, that dropping huge bombs on him is ok, but a few punches or kicks would be a scandal.

What's next- our military accused of racial profiling?

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Dang it Gunny! That means extra training for you and no weekend pass either...