Local Dems have words of their own for Coulter

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stephanie, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,361
    A bunch of fools hard at work....:rotflmao: :cuckoo:

BY CARL MACGOWAN
    Newsday Staff Writer

June 10, 2006

House Democrats from Long Island and New York City on Friday joined the chorus of critics slamming Ann Coulter.

The lawmakers signed a letter drafted by Rep. Steve Israel (D-Huntington) demanding that the conservative commentator apologize for saying in her new book that widows of some 9/11 victims are "enjoying" their husbands' deaths. The book refers to the four New Jersey women as "the witches of East Brunswick."

"Their personal loss should never be minimized, especially in such a cold and callous way as you attack these victims in your book," Israel wrote.

As of Friday afternoon, Israel had collected the signatures of 19 House colleagues.

"It's lawmakers who have seen firsthand what [the 9/11 widows] went through and are outraged by what Ann Coulter wrote about them," Israel said.

No Republicans had signed the letter, even though Israel invited all members of Congress from the tristate area to do so.

The Democrats join Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) and Republicans such as Gov. George Pataki and Rep. Peter King (R-Seaford) in criticizing Coulter.

Coulter has defended the book, saying the widows' political activism opens them up to criticism. The book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," was No. 22 on the bestseller list on Amazon.com on Friday after topping the list earlier this week.

In his letter, Israel called the women "responsible citizens" who raised their voices in keeping with American tradition.

"We understand that you are in the book business and that controversy might make for good sales," Israel wrote to Coulter, "but we would urge you to consider that making mean-spirited comments about women trying to do the right thing might not be worth the resultant rise on the bestseller list."
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/l...un10,0,7383802.story?coll=ny-linews-headlines

2. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Who gives a $%^& what the libs have to say about the book? Ann nails the libs to the wall and I love to see them twitching and shifting like a Bill Clinton intern

3. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,361
    The way these people are reacting to this book, is cracking me up...
    They've lost it..........:cuckoo: :teeth:

4. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

I do to. It tells me Ann struck a mother vein of gold. I cannot wait to see if "Godless" makes it on the NY Slimes Bestseller list.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't know about NYT, but it's #1 on Amazon.com. Look at what's #7! ;)

Go!

6. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    #! this quick! My how the libs are going to hate this! Oh I love it when they get right in the face and they act like little children on the playground

7. nt250

nt250 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    It's hysterical.

Her book had 886 comments when I looked it up about 2 hours ago.

And probably 880 of them haven't read it.

Typical.

By contrast Maddox's book, which was released the same time, has 83 comments.

8. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I don't respond to Ann Coulter because she just writes inflammatory bullshit to sell books. The best thing liberals can do is ignore this stupid bitch. Don't give her any free publicity, don't dignify her garbage (and I don't have to read this particular version of her garbage, I've read others) with a response, and don't let her get under your skin. Let her go on Fox News and have Shawn Hannity drool all over her in her slutty little outfits. This will be my last post having anything to do with Ann Coulter unless I respond in this thread.

acludem

9. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    :wtf:

Sounds like you are a little bit turned on by Ann.

[​IMG]

10. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Quoted from Abbey Normal: "Sounds like you are a little bit turned on by Ann."

:eek:

Ewwwwwww! Ann is too skinny! maybe if she wasn't so busy running her mouth she'd find the time to put some food in it.

acludem