Local Dems have words of their own for Coulter

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
A bunch of fools hard at work....:rotflmao: :cuckoo:

BY CARL MACGOWAN
Newsday Staff Writer

June 10, 2006

House Democrats from Long Island and New York City on Friday joined the chorus of critics slamming Ann Coulter.

The lawmakers signed a letter drafted by Rep. Steve Israel (D-Huntington) demanding that the conservative commentator apologize for saying in her new book that widows of some 9/11 victims are "enjoying" their husbands' deaths. The book refers to the four New Jersey women as "the witches of East Brunswick."

"Their personal loss should never be minimized, especially in such a cold and callous way as you attack these victims in your book," Israel wrote.

As of Friday afternoon, Israel had collected the signatures of 19 House colleagues.

"It's lawmakers who have seen firsthand what [the 9/11 widows] went through and are outraged by what Ann Coulter wrote about them," Israel said.

No Republicans had signed the letter, even though Israel invited all members of Congress from the tristate area to do so.

The Democrats join Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) and Republicans such as Gov. George Pataki and Rep. Peter King (R-Seaford) in criticizing Coulter.

Coulter has defended the book, saying the widows' political activism opens them up to criticism. The book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," was No. 22 on the bestseller list on Amazon.com on Friday after topping the list earlier this week.

In his letter, Israel called the women "responsible citizens" who raised their voices in keeping with American tradition.

"We understand that you are in the book business and that controversy might make for good sales," Israel wrote to Coulter, "but we would urge you to consider that making mean-spirited comments about women trying to do the right thing might not be worth the resultant rise on the bestseller list."
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/l...un10,0,7383802.story?coll=ny-linews-headlines

Who gives a $%^& what the libs have to say about the book? Ann nails the libs to the wall and I love to see them twitching and shifting like a Bill Clinton intern

The way these people are reacting to this book, is cracking me up...
They've lost it..........:cuckoo: :teeth:

Stephanie said:
The way these people are reacting to this book, is cracking me up...
They've lost it..........:cuckoo: :teeth:

I do to. It tells me Ann struck a mother vein of gold. I cannot wait to see if "Godless" makes it on the NY Slimes Bestseller list.

red states rule said:
I do to. It tells me Ann struck a mother vein of gold. I cannot wait to see if "Godless" makes it on the NY Slimes Bestseller list.
I don't know about NYT, but it's #1 on Amazon.com. Look at what's #7! ;)

The Amazon.com 100
Save up to 40%

1. Godless: The Church of Liberalism Godless: The Church of Liberalism
by Ann Coulter
(Rate it)
2. Wisdom of Our Fathers: Lessons and Letters from Daughters and Sons
by Tim Russert
(Rate it)
3. Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems
by Cesar Millan, et al
(Rate it)
4. Ultrametabolism : The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss
by Mark Hyman
(Rate it)
5. Twelve Sharp (Stephanie Plum Novels)
by Janet Evanovich
(Rate it)
6. The World Is Flat [Updated and Expanded] : A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century
by Thomas L. Friedman
(Rate it)
7. Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity : Get Out the Shovel--Why Everything You Know is Wrong
by John Stossel
(Rate it)
8. Freakonomics : A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
by Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner
(Rate it)
9. Mayflower : A Story of Courage, Community, and War
by Nathaniel Philbrick
(Rate it)
10. Night (Oprah's Book Club)
by Elie Wiesel
(Rate it)
Go!

#! this quick! My how the libs are going to hate this! Oh I love it when they get right in the face and they act like little children on the playground

It's hysterical.

Her book had 886 comments when I looked it up about 2 hours ago.

And probably 880 of them haven't read it.

Typical.

By contrast Maddox's book, which was released the same time, has 83 comments.

I don't respond to Ann Coulter because she just writes inflammatory bullshit to sell books. The best thing liberals can do is ignore this stupid bitch. Don't give her any free publicity, don't dignify her garbage (and I don't have to read this particular version of her garbage, I've read others) with a response, and don't let her get under your skin. Let her go on Fox News and have Shawn Hannity drool all over her in her slutty little outfits. This will be my last post having anything to do with Ann Coulter unless I respond in this thread.

acludem

acludem said:
... Let her go on Fox News and have Shawn Hannity drool all over her in her slutty little outfits. This will be my last post having anything to do with Ann Coulter unless I respond in this thread.

acludem

:wtf:

Sounds like you are a little bit turned on by Ann.

Ann_Coulter_on_Luce_calendar.jpg

Quoted from Abbey Normal: "Sounds like you are a little bit turned on by Ann."

:eek:

Ewwwwwww! Ann is too skinny! maybe if she wasn't so busy running her mouth she'd find the time to put some food in it.

acludem

acludem said:
Quoted from Abbey Normal: "Sounds like you are a little bit turned on by Ann."

:eek:

Ewwwwwww! Ann is too skinny! maybe if she wasn't so busy running her mouth she'd find the time to put some food in it.

acludem

Libs would be lucky to have someone as attractive as Ann

The liberal women they put on TV need to take more time in the make up chair

acludem,

I might be inclined to agree with you somewhat if I knew that you also held the left-wingers who do the same as Ann in the same category and with the same contempt.

Do you despise Michael Moore, Al Franken, et. al. with as much fire and fury as you seem to hate Ann Coulter?

After all, they do basically the same thing - just for a different team.

Stephanie said:
A bunch of fools hard at work....:rotflmao: :cuckoo:

BY CARL MACGOWAN
Newsday Staff Writer

June 10, 2006

House Democrats from Long Island and New York City on Friday joined the chorus of critics slamming Ann Coulter.

The lawmakers signed a letter drafted by Rep. Steve Israel (D-Huntington) demanding that the conservative commentator apologize for saying in her new book that widows of some 9/11 victims are "enjoying" their husbands' deaths. The book refers to the four New Jersey women as "the witches of East Brunswick."

"Their personal loss should never be minimized, especially in such a cold and callous way as you attack these victims in your book," Israel wrote.

As of Friday afternoon, Israel had collected the signatures of 19 House colleagues.

"It's lawmakers who have seen firsthand what [the 9/11 widows] went through and are outraged by what Ann Coulter wrote about them," Israel said.

No Republicans had signed the letter, even though Israel invited all members of Congress from the tristate area to do so.

The Democrats join Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) and Republicans such as Gov. George Pataki and Rep. Peter King (R-Seaford) in criticizing Coulter.

Coulter has defended the book, saying the widows' political activism opens them up to criticism. The book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," was No. 22 on the bestseller list on Amazon.com on Friday after topping the list earlier this week.

In his letter, Israel called the women "responsible citizens" who raised their voices in keeping with American tradition.

"We understand that you are in the book business and that controversy might make for good sales," Israel wrote to Coulter, "but we would urge you to consider that making mean-spirited comments about women trying to do the right thing might not be worth the resultant rise on the bestseller list."
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/l...un10,0,7383802.story?coll=ny-linews-headlines

One, I agree with Coulter in general on the issue of the widows.

Two, I'm glad I don't live in NY. I would have an extremely hard time knowing my elected officials subsidized by my tax dollars were wasting their time demanding an apology from a political satirist who made comments they didn't like.

Perhpas they should stick to doing the job they were elected to do? IF they know how.

Unlike libs I do not HATE anyone. The only thing I want is for libs to be defeated politically

Libs on the other hand, openly call for the death and murder of conservatives

Ann usues her wit and charm to cause libs to meltdown. In her book "Godless" Ann has the following " To liberals President Clinton saved the Constitution by repeatedly enjaculating on a fat Jewish girl in the Oval Office."

Very true yet the libs will have a temper tantrum over it

Abbey Normal said:
:wtf:

Sounds like you are a little bit turned on by Ann.

Anyone guy that is not turned on by Ann Coulter's good looks is either not a carbon based life form or is completely gay!!!!! J/K.... I know, she's not everyone's cup of tea butI wish that my supermarket would start selling that brand of tea! :)

Seriously...despite Ann Coulter's obvious good looks, she'd still be right even if she dressed in potato sacks, and was covered in warts.

It's not that Ann Coulter is right but her claims are backed up by facts.

I, for one ,have learned some things from her books. The most important one being that Senator Joe McCarthy, while deserving of some of the bad publicity against him, has been unfairly represented in our history books. The Venona project proved, without a doubt, that the Rosenbergs, Alger Hiss and other saints of the Left were as guilty as sin. Yet, who ever heard of it?

Yep, no doubt about it, no matter how hard he tries to convince us otherwise.... ACLUDEM has a big time crush on her!!!!

acludem and Annie sittin' in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love then comes marriage
Then comes ACLUDEM in a baby carriage! :):):)

P.S. well who can blame him?

Abbey Normal said:
Fantastic avatar, Karl!

Rep just for that.

:salute:
golly gee thanks! My son got me "Office Space" for Father's Day (ok, it's early, but he got his birthday present early -- his birthday is June 16th).....

red states rule said:
#! this quick! My how the libs are going to hate this! Oh I love it when they get right in the face and they act like little children on the playground
My son and I were up in Ithaca New York a few weeks ago. BTW... Ann Coulter's alma mater is Cornell. Anyway, the Barnes and Noble there had a lot of conservative books out right along side the liberal books. That was cool, I think that both sides of the political argument should be available in bookstores. I was somewhat surprised, though, since Ithaca is a big time liberal town.

But, then I realized something, Barnes and Noble is a business and if conservative books sell, they're going to stock them. Apparently, there are more conservatives in Ithaca than is generally admitted!

acludem said:
I don't respond to Ann Coulter because she just writes inflammatory bullshit to sell books. It is sooooo neat to see the progressive, nonjudgemental folks on the board yes? The best thing liberals can do is ignore this stupid bitch. Don't give her any free publicity, don't dignify her garbage (and I don't have to read this particular version of her garbage, I've read others) with a response, and don't let her get under your skin. I would say that you need to take you own advice Let her go on Fox News and have Shawn Hannity drool all over her in her slutty little outfits. This will be my last post having anything to do with Ann Coulter unless I respond in this thread.

acludem

Her Slutty little outfits?

Heh,
smilies-13149.png

Forum List

Back