Wishful Thinking....

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

From the above article...

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, who would probably become House Speaker if Republicans prevail in November, recently told Punchbowl News that his party might demand government spending cuts in order to vote to extend Washington’s borrowing limit. “You can’t just continue down the path to keep spending and adding to the debt,” McCarthy said. “You got to change your current behavior.”

Now, I 100% agree with those words from him. The wishful thinking part of me wants him to say that when there is a Repub president in the White House instead of just when there is a Dem there.

McCarthy was the House Majority Leader during the time that the GOP had both sides of Congress and the White House and yet never was legislation put forth to cut spending during that time when they could have actually done it.

As I said, just wishful thinking on my part.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, who would probably become House Speaker if Republicans prevail in November, recently told Punchbowl News that his party might demand government spending cuts in order to vote to extend Washington’s borrowing limit. “You can’t just continue down the path to keep spending and adding to the debt,” McCarthy said. “You got to change your current behavior.”

Now, I 100% agree with those words from him. The wishful thinking part of me wants him to say that when there is a Repub president in the White House instead of just when there is a Dem there.

McCarthy was the House Majority Leader during the time that the GOP had both sides of Congress and the White House and yet never was legislation put forth to cut spending during that time when they could have actually done it.

They always take this stand when not in power yet play spend thrifts when in power.

More hypocrisy.

Both parties have added to the debt. In fact we haven't had a single president since Coolidge who hasn't added to the debt.

Typical Republicans

They didn’t demand spending cuts when Trump slashed taxes to historic lows. They never question the debt limit when a Republican is in office.

But as soon as a Democrat is in office, they demand fiscal austerity
Both of you guys are the exact same on EVERY issue.
You dont give 2 shits while your side has power but when the other does, you act like you have integrity, responsibility, morals and decency.
You are like a bunch of fuckin kids.

As we all know, he doesnt actually mean that.

Newman's multi-paragraph fake news article has a mere two partial and out of context sentences from McCarthy. That's what LWNJ moonbats get when they rely on known fake news sources like Yahoo.

Newman's multi-paragraph fake news article has a mere two partial and out of context sentences from McCarthy. That's what LWNJ moonbats get when they rely on known fake news sources like Yahoo.

So, McCarthy does not really want to cut spending is what you are saying.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

So, Golfing Gator wants repubs to do the right thing fiscally, but not if it hurts joe biden politically

The political reality is that neither party can do any significant cuts in discretionary spending. Any time a cut is mentioned, the Leftist media drags out some wretched bastard who is DEPENDING on that program (or handout) and whose life will be ravaged if the program is eliminated or cut back. Then the legislators who support the cut will be bombarded with communications from John Q. Public demanding that s/he reconsider.

The fact is, George Will is right: Americans want a government that provides all the goodies imaginable, while paying taxes to support a frugal, no-nonsense government with a balance budget. Which is why we have these huge deficits. Our taxes come nowhere close to paying for the goodies we demand.

The political reality is that neither party can do any significant cuts in discretionary spending. Any time a cut is mentioned, the Leftist media drags out some wretched bastard who is DEPENDING on that program (or handout) and whose life will be ravaged if the program is eliminated or cut back. Then the legislators who support the cut will be bombarded with communications from John Q. Public demanding that s/he reconsider.

The fact is, George Will is right: Americans want a government that provides all the goodies imaginable, while paying taxes to support a frugal, no-nonsense government with a balance budget. Which is why we have these huge deficits. Our taxes come nowhere close to paying for the goodies we demand.
The fact that they want some particular program doesn't mean they want more government in general. It just means they are hypocrites.

Last edited:

This is just the usual bullshit that Republicans chant when they're out of office. It never ceases to amaze me that after 3 economic crashes in 40 years, and the fact that ever time the Republicans are in office, THEY'RE the ones who keep running up the deficit, Americans still believe they're better off financially under the Republicans. Democrats are the ones who CUT SPENDING.

Republican spending is the reason why the economy looks better under Republicans, right up until the moment it crashes.

The washington enablers of bloated government and deficit spending refuse to accept the only solution that could succeed

Which is across-the-board spending cuts where we all share the pain equally

Instead swamp rats seek to pit one interest group against another

This is just the usual bullshit that Republicans chant when they're out of office. It never ceases to amaze me that after 3 economic crashes in 40 years, and the fact that ever time the Republicans are in office, THEY'RE the ones who keep running up the deficit, Americans still believe they're better off financially under the Republicans. Democrats are the ones who CUT SPENDING.

Republican spending is the reason why the economy looks better under Republicans, right up until the moment it crashes.
Dims run up the deficits, douchbag.

Democrats are the ones who CUT SPENDING.

200w.gif

You cannot be this stupid. When did the Dems cut spending? What year did we have less spending than the year before it?

Neither party cares about spending, the only thing I will give the Dems is they do not even pretend to care about it.

Forum List

Back