Wisconsin protest has lost a LOT of steam

The same place yours are that say there isn't anyone ready to take their jobs.

Your personal agenda is clouding your argument.

The truth is we have too many teachers, and we're losing teaching positions every day.

Wisconsin will not miss a beat.

Then Wisconsin can be our statistics.

You are the one saying we have too many teachers....prove it.

The same place yours are that say there isn't anyone ready to take their jobs.

Your personal agenda is clouding your argument.

The truth is we have too many teachers, and we're losing teaching positions every day.

Wisconsin will not miss a beat.

Then Wisconsin can be our statistics.

You are the one saying we have too many teachers....prove it.

Its an opinion, based on personal experience.

Can you prove we have too few?

Or is that your opinion as well?

Legislation should be presented which abolishes Unions in Government. Public Sector Unions are just corrupt rackets at this point. The Taxpayers are sick of being raped by them. Their time has passed for sure.

So...

Have the Fleebaggers returned to Wisconsin yet?

As far as I know Doc they are still in Ill, scratching those flees.

I wonder if their constituants are issuing the recall paperwork as we speak??

Now wouldn't that be something to see?? I wonder how fast they could get their balless assess back to Madison??

Last edited:
So...

As far as I know Doc, they are still in Ill, scratching those flees.

Now wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake??

I still don't understand why that hasn't been done already? I suspect it is a process, and it is in process. I do know only those who have served over 1 year a recallable in Wisconsin, so not all of the 14 can be recalled at this time.

It's going to be interesting to listen to the spin from this episode come the next elections in Wisconsin. Democrats will rail about the Republicans destroying their system and Republicans will rail about the greed of the public employees and teachers. Should be a lively old time there in Wisconsin leading up to the next election. Wonder if anyone will mention the fact that the Democratic Senators all fled the State like spoiled little children... "Let me make the rules or I won't play the game..". I used to hear this on the playground all the time as a kid. Never thought I would see it in action from adult elected officials who only have a job because someone elected them into office. I think they should all be immediately fired if it was possible to do that.

I agree BBD, you've rarely shown an ability to put emotion aside and actually think. That observation aside, do you believe the US Senate Republican strategy to filibuster everything they disagreed with preventing open debate an honorable and valiant one?

Of Course it is losing steam. The more the People learn about the Facts of this issue, the less they will support the Union. Were talking about a tiny % of Wisconsin workers who are paid with Tax payer dollars. yet liberals seem to think the Masses of people will support them in their fight to keep Benefits most of us can only dream of having.

Reality is kicking the Unions ass.

And Democrats should be blamed for every single one of those pink slips. If they had not run like children, stayed and voted, those pink slips would not have gone out.

Democrats are costing the middle class jobs. It's on their shoulders. The R governor found a way to afford these employees without layoffs or higher taxes, but Dem's cried like children about it. Now? Pink slips in the mail. Good job Dems.

I think it is your fault.

Of Course it is losing steam. The more the People learn about the Facts of this issue, the less they will support the Union. Were talking about a tiny % of Wisconsin workers who are paid with Tax payer dollars. yet liberals seem to think the Masses of people will support them in their fight to keep Benefits most of us can only dream of having.

But I will be surprised if it doesn't get excited again when the Governor starts sending out the pink slips. I expect that we'll then see the rally back at where it was a few days ago, but maybe not.

The lunch rush is over at the Capitol. The crowd is shrinking again. Maybe they're resting up?

Jealous. What proof do you have the movement is losing steam?

So...

As far as I know Doc, they are still in Ill, scratching those flees.

Now wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake??

I still don't understand why that hasn't been done already? I suspect it is a process, and it is in process. I do know only those who have served over 1 year a recallable in Wisconsin, so not all of the 14 can be recalled at this time.

You could be right about the process.

It seems the Dems in WI are only interested in representing the Union members, i.e. the Union donations to the Dems, not the taxpayers of WI who are footing the bills. Apparantly the rest of the population is only there to pay the bills.

Simply because you can't pass a civil service test or meet the MQ's is no reason to dream of having a good salary and nice benefits. I'm sure an affirmative action plan can be devised for the likes of you. See your representative in Congress; I'm sure he will see you right away. Much as the Gov. of Wisconsin cleared his calendar for David Koch.
Envy is such a deadly sin. You are now free to go to confession.

Jealous. What proof do you have the movement is losing steam?

We're talking about the rally at the Capitol. I started the thread to point out that the rally's numbers have gone WAY down (to almost none) since yesterday's break, but that I expect them to come back up once the Governor starts sending out the pink slips tomorrow.

The crowd that was there this morning should be commended.

All 20 of them.

So...

As far as I know Doc they are still in Ill, scratching those flees.

Now wouldn't that be something to see?? I wonder how fast they could get their balless assess back to Madison??

I read somewhere that the governor can decare the seat vacated if they fail to show up to their designated chamber for 30 days...

Let the fleebaggers stay in Illinois...

I read somewhere that the governor can decare the seat vacated if they fail to show up to their designated chamber for 30 days...

Let the fleebaggers stay in Illinois...

That makes sense, and I hadn't heard that.

I do know that only those who have served for over 1 year are eligible for recall.

The 30 day mandate would explain why we haven't seen a movement to date.

But I'm sure it will commence on day 31.

Simply because you can't pass a civil service test or meet the MQ's is no reason to dream of having a good salary and nice benefits. I'm sure an affirmative action plan can be devised for the likes of you. See your representative in Congress; I'm sure he will see you right away. Much as the Gov. of Wisconsin cleared his calendar for David Koch.
Envy is such a deadly sin. You are now free to go to confession.

Most people with a year of college can pass those tests so that doesn't mean anything. The hardest tests to pass are the psych evals for those that require them and of course the drug tests. The basic civil service test is easy.

But I will be surprised if it doesn't get excited again when the Governor starts sending out the pink slips. I expect that we'll then see the rally back at where it was a few days ago, but maybe not.

The lunch rush is over at the Capitol. The crowd is shrinking again. Maybe they're resting up?

If he has to send out Pink Slips that is the Fault of the Union and the Democrat Law makers in Hiding. This fight has always been about avoiding Massive Teacher Lay offs. Despite the Lies the Union and Media has been telling on the Subject.

I am sure they will try to make it look like Walker is to blame, but they have only themselves to blame.

3.6 Billion Dollar Shortfall means you make cuts, or you lay people off. Period.

If he has to send out Pink Slips that is the Fault of the Union and the Democrat Law makers in Hiding. This fight has always been about avoiding Massive Teacher Lay offs. Despite the Lies the Union and Media has been telling on the Subject.

I am sure they will try to make it look like Walker is to blame, but they have only themselves to blame.

3.6 Billion Dollar Shortfall means you make cuts, or you lay people off. Period.

He had said they would go out today, but it was then discovered that tomorrow is the actual "drop-dead date" for the budget amendments to run their course.

Someone earlier in the thread pointed out that he may first go with reductions in hours, across the board, which would affect ALL of the union members, then begin laying off next week.

Wow....

Maybe 15 people there now?

Gotta give drum boy props still....

If I ever go on strike, I want him on my side!!!

That guy is a dynamo!!!

Public Unions really have forgotten that they work for the Taxpayers. These Union Teachers in Wisconsin don't work for the Governor or only for Democrats. The Taxpayer is the Boss. And the Taxpayers want them to get their asses back to work. The Kids deserve better than this.

Forum List

Back