WINNING: Harvard Agrees To Return $8.7 BILLION COVID-19 Cash...Princeton Piles On in Shaming Harvard

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
'On Tuesday President Trump told reporters he was not happy about Harvard University received a federal coronavirus bailout. President Trump said he was going to ask them to give it back.'

Despite already having a $40 BILLION endowment, Harvard refused...at 1st.

'Today, they reversed their position. They’re giving back the money...and Princeton shamed Harvard, elegantly:'

#PrincetonU has determined it will not accept funding allocated under the CARES Act. Princeton has not yet received any of these funds, and never requested any of these funds. pic.twitter.com/En4nhqyqkc
— Princeton University (@Princeton) April 22, 2020

Way to go, President Trump...and nice 'shot' Princeton! :p

I've taken some great online courses from Harvard. Top shelf courses that I took for free that surpassed 95% of the courses I paid steeply for in my physical university, including MBA classes.

Pelosi and the dems are using the stimulus and the payroll protection bill as their little piggy bank to get the nutty things they can't get by voting on it.....so much for them caring about YOU!!!!!!
can you give specific examples?

i don't think trump set out to have these big businesses step in and take the $, it was more a loophole they found that was setup to help small mom and pop franchises under a major name. it should have been phrased differently to be sure.

Pelosi and the dems are using the stimulus and the payroll protection bill as their little piggy bank to get the nutty things they can't get by voting on it.....so much for them caring about YOU!!!!!!

i don't think trump set out to have these big businesses step in and take the $, it was more a loophole they found that was setup to help small mom and pop franchises under a major name. it should have been phrased differently to be sure.
Giving a bailout to the Kennedy center and Harvard and bailing out overly generous state pension programs....for starters...and didn't Pelosi try and get her so called clean energy legislation through the first bill?...they think we aren't watching but we are....

Big business getting payroll protection is fine as long as they retain their employees with it....but the Kennedy center and super rich Harvard?...no way....

One thing good that could come from this is maybe people will realize what a waste attending most colleges is. Get a job and take the courses online, save thousands on dorms and pass on all the SJW bullshit going on in those places. You can sign up for classes with decent professors that get paid by the student enrollment. No students no job. Shut off the tax payer funding and let them compete nation wide for students.

Big business getting payroll protection is fine as long as they retain their employees with it....but the Kennedy center and super rich Harvard?...no way....
well that isn't my point. the point of these loans and their intended target were small business.

what small business ANYWHERE would need $8.7 BILLION dollars?

Hey - need keep your barber shop open - have $8.7 billion. it all makes sense...

now i don't disagree that big companies have employees to watch out for also. they do. but that isn't what THIS program was for and why when this is over those small hole in the wall places we loved went POOF and a lot of buildings are for rent again.

phase 2 is when we open back up and truly understand the storm damage we created in order to stop something measures in a few % points.

One thing good that could come from this is maybe people will realize what a waste attending most colleges is. Get a job and take the courses online, save thousands on dorms and pass on all the SJW bullshit going on in those places. You can sign up for classes with decent professors that get paid by the student enrollment. No students no job. Shut off the tax payer funding and let them compete nation wide for students.
colleges do have their place. but i question that role they have today. it does seem more carry over because the last generation did it; not because of a need. the cost of getting that piece of paper is almost out of reach recovery wise to make 4+ years of debt and effort worth it.

colleges do have their place. but i question that role they have today. it does seem more carry over because the last generation did it; not because of a need. the cost of getting that piece of paper is almost out of reach recovery wise to make 4+ years of debt and effort worth it.
Was there this much angst over school debt before Obama turned over the loan program to the federal government?....

'On Tuesday President Trump told reporters he was not happy about Harvard University received a federal coronavirus bailout. President Trump said he was going to ask them to give it back.'

Despite already having a $40 BILLION endowment, Harvard refused...at 1st.

'Today, they reversed their position. They’re giving back the money...and Princeton shamed Harvard, elegantly:'

#PrincetonU has determined it will not accept funding allocated under the CARES Act. Princeton has not yet received any of these funds, and never requested any of these funds. pic.twitter.com/En4nhqyqkc
— Princeton University (@Princeton) April 22, 2020

Way to go, President Trump...and nice 'shot' Princeton! :p

You lie. Harvard NEVER ACCEPTED THE MONEY so how can they return something they never had?

For math and science, music and a few other disciplines a college degree is important IMO. Liberal Arts degrees not so much especially considering the staggering costs of college these days. The entire cost of my engineering degree would barely cover the first semester these days. The costs are insane and government involvement in college loans are to blame.

You lie. Harvard NEVER ACCEPTED THE MONEY so how can they return something they never had?

Thank you for showing you have no idea WTF is going on, that you did NOT read the article, that you have not been paying attention to the news, and that you made ZERO effort to find out what this was all about before embarrassing yourself by responding with this proven uneducated opinion.

"Harvard University will return $8.6 million it received from a coronavirus relief package that Congress passed last month after a public dispute with President Donald Trump and his administration."

Giving a bailout to the Kennedy center and Harvard and bailing out overly generous state pension programs....for starters...and didn't Pelosi try and get her so called clean energy legislation through the first bill?...they think we aren't watching but we are....
Nailed it!

Thank you for showing you have no idea WTF is going on, that you did NOT read the article, that you have not been paying attention to the news, and that you made ZERO effort to find out what this was all about before embarrassing yourself by responding with this proven uneducated opinion.

"Harvard University will return $8.6 million it received from a coronavirus relief package that Congress passed last month after a public dispute with President Donald Trump and his administration."
They never asked for money and never received any money.

Nothing is being returned. You’re posting fake news.

Forum List

Back