Wingnuts get their asses kicked

You do know who pays the most taxes in the US, right dumbfuck? Need a DOT.GOV link?

Of course they pay the most taxes.... they make the most money. Even if it was a flat rate, they'd still pay the most taxes... so I guess next you'll be saying that's not fair so we'll go to a regressive tax system so that Poor people pay the most and rich people pay the least in %, so that all people will pay the same in taxes....after all, fair's fair.

Don't be too logical now. The Party of the Dark Side gets confused easily.

OMG...I'd be considered poor, but I WORK two jobs and STILL pay Federal income taxes..
funny how that shit can be done.

Man, those victories felt damn good.

What's amusing to me is that the "victories" you speak of are simply illustrative of the fact that Americans want benefits but aren't willing to pay for them.

If you don't believe me then place a bill on the ballot to increase taxes to PAY for the outrageous benefit packages of public sector workers and watch how quickly that gets voted down.

So what you have is an electorate that bought the whole collective bargaining for government employees is a good thing argument...right up to the point where they're told they have to pay for what results from that collective bargaining and then the electorate says WHOA...HOLD ON THERE! IT'S GOING TO COST ME WHAT? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!

The American voter "will" finally figure this out. When they do then public sector unions will be getting their benefits cut. It would have already happened except the main stream media so muddled the issue voters thought that voting against collective bargaining for public sector employees was somehow "un-American".

Sorry, but tearing into collective bargaining doesn't solve any problems. And if you're giving the rich big tax breaks (you know, the folks that don't need them), then don't come crying about collective bargaining, which, on its own, costs nothing. Collective bargaining is just that ... bargaining.

When you have politicians who are elected with public sector union campaign contributions who then turn around and pay those public sector unions back by giving them lavish benefit packages...then "collective bargaining" becomes a sham. There is no bargaining going on...that's the reason towns and States are now insolvent.

Ridiculous comparison. Collective bargaining can be a benefit to both sides -- and in the long run, DOES benefit both sides because it can be an instrument of labor peace. Look at what's happened in Wisconsin and Ohio if you need any proof of that.

Bargaining doesn't come with an admission price. The jackasses on Fox News cause more damage than collective bargaining.

What an incredibly stupid post.

Labor peace ????

So your bargaining chip is that if you don't feed the monkey's bananas, they will tear the place up. Wow, what a benefit.

It would great if the unions shared in the risk of a company and promised to deliver quality services and products (in the form of trained and motivated labor).

Instead, they drive up the price of goods and services because they want more for their labor than what they are worth.

All the car plants in the south are proof of that.

When you have politicians who are elected with public sector union campaign contributions who then turn around and pay those public sector unions back by giving them lavish benefit packages...then "collective bargaining" becomes a sham. There is no bargaining going on...that's the reason towns and States are now insolvent.

What you describe is nothing more than a business arrangement. One that has profit to some at the cost of others (the consumer and taxpayers).

Forum List

Back