Windows Phone Scam?

Dan Stubbs

FORGET ---- HELL
May 4, 2017
Some where in the Deep South.
New Window scan/ if you get a phone call they will leave the message that you Window I
D key has expired/ I don't think this is a good call to answer so I would not deal with this and it is possibly a scam.

New Window scan/ if you get a phone call they will leave the message that you Window I
D key has expired/ I don't think this is a good call to answer so I would not deal with this and it is possibly a scam.
Yes it's a scam. Neither Microsoft nor any of it partners will cold call concerning a software or security problem and Windows keys do not expire.

• Banned
This phone call was checked by me, and it seems to have been a 800 number from China, this is the first phone number that I have ever checked from China. Sooooo probably a Scam/

This phone call was checked by me, and it seems to have been a 800 number from China, this is the first phone number that I have ever checked from China. Sooooo probably a Scam/

My goal is to be such a jag off that they hang up on me.

Whenever in doubt about whether or not you're getting called by who you think you are

Bank, microsoft, phone carrier, phone manufacturer, whatever

Hang up and call back the main line. If it was real there will be a ticket in your name and they will direct you where you need to go.

Most companies will not call you with very recently confirming the number and getting your permission tho. So over 90% of the time you get a call like that out of the blue it's a scam.

I got the call. I told then some bad things. Nicely though.

I like those kind of calls. :banana: If I have time, I'll drag them out right to the end and get their IP.

My f-I-l partially fell for it the first time he got one. Fortunately they got nothing from him. The second time he played them until they finally just hung up on him. Took about 15 minutes. Lol

Forum List

Back