windows 10 & format problems

Since my update FF has been crashing (this morning FF actually installed an update to be more compatible with W10)
But everything would lock down, so I'd have to power off and back on.
Each time, because I hate using my touchpad for clicking and zooming, I've had to go back to my settings and reset my choices

• Banned
Since my update FF has been crashing (this morning FF actually installed an update to be more compatible with W10)
Each time, because I hate using my touchpad for clicking and zooming, I've had to go back to my settings and reset my choices

So after reading this post I logged off Google Chrome and opened IE. The format is fine on IE, but the response/refresh time is slower.

Any ideas on how to fix Google Chrome's formatting?

So after reading this post I logged off Google Chrome and opened IE. The format is fine on IE, but the response/refresh time is slower.

Why not just use mozilla, runs fine on my W10

Why not just use mozilla, runs fine on my W10
Firefox is all I ever use.
Even on my phone

If Windows 10 is that bad I might finally flip over to Apple
TBF, it's a little buggy, yes
But I like it better than 8
I like Cortana
I like that I don't have to go to a totally different screen for apps
It's "Edge" (or IE) is pretty badass with it's headlines
Music and other downloads are easy to upload to Drive

For some strange reason you want find it in the Microsoft store under free apps, puzzling .

FF has built in spell check, has an ad block plus add on, is free and kicks ass as a browser.

What no lengthy report on the new edge??

You do realize that is your on board browser that is supposed to supersede IE.

My Nvidia 650ti has some of the best graphics I have ever seen.

I have a monster of a pc I built from scratch using an I-5 quad core and Asrock extreme mb.

Have 16 gig of Ram and integrated HD on sata.

In other words, you need a bad puter to run it efficiently.

Speaking of connections, my wifi connection has gone to shit since the update, it seems.
Just stepping out the sliding glass door onto my patio drops my signal and I can see the router through the glass form where i sit

Get you a better router or WAP extender and stop trying to blame the software.

I already commented my wifes puter, but let me clarify, all our wireless devices that had w10 updates seem to have not only stronger signal strengths but more reliable connections.

I have an N300 belkin with dual antennas, you can get a device like this and if you are a little bit mechanically inclined, you take the antenna out and replace with a long wire(attach screw into threads use ring terminal on end of wire, other end of wire another ring terminal and use a nut and washer to finish the assembly, get as high as possible or even T at the top or your run.

I meant to ask in my last post, you do realize W10 is meant to run on a robust system.

You folks do realize if your hardware does not meet criteria, you will most likely have issues.

How old are these puters??

My Nvidia 650ti has some of the best graphics I have ever seen.

I have a monster of a pc I built from scratch using an I-5 quad core and Asrock extreme mb.

Have 16 gig of Ram and integrated HD on sata.

In other words, you need a bad puter to run it efficiently.

Wow that's all you have?

I have a Nvidia 760, I-5 processor at 3.4ghz and 32gb of RAM and 2 hard drives, a normal SATA at 1.0TB and a SSD of 125GB for bootups that last no more than 4 seconds from BIOS splash screen. Oh yes, all of that is hooked up to my 60" LED.

If yours is a monster what is mine? LOL

Last edited:
Get you a better router or WAP extender and stop trying to blame the software.

I already commented my wifes puter, but let me clarify, all our wireless devices that had w10 updates seem to have not only stronger signal strengths but more reliable connections.

I have an N300 belkin with dual antennas, you can get a device like this and if you are a little bit mechanically inclined, you take the antenna out and replace with a long wire(attach screw into threads use ring terminal on end of wire, other end of wire another ring terminal and use a nut and washer to finish the assembly, get as high as possible or even T at the top or your run.
My phones and tablets all have no problems, and this laptop didn't until after the update

Forum List

Back