windows 10 & format problems

Get you a better router or WAP extender and stop trying to blame the software.

I already commented my wifes puter, but let me clarify, all our wireless devices that had w10 updates seem to have not only stronger signal strengths but more reliable connections.

I have an N300 belkin with dual antennas, you can get a device like this and if you are a little bit mechanically inclined, you take the antenna out and replace with a long wire(attach screw into threads use ring terminal on end of wire, other end of wire another ring terminal and use a nut and washer to finish the assembly, get as high as possible or even T at the top or your run.
My phones and tablets all have no problems, and this laptop didn't until after the update
Well, no WAY it could be a Microsoft mess up!

I already commented my wifes puter, but let me clarify, all our wireless devices that had w10 updates seem to have not only stronger signal strengths but more reliable connections.

I have an N300 belkin with dual antennas, you can get a device like this and if you are a little bit mechanically inclined, you take the antenna out and replace with a long wire(attach screw into threads use ring terminal on end of wire, other end of wire another ring terminal and use a nut and washer to finish the assembly, get as high as possible or even T at the top or your run.
My phones and tablets all have no problems, and this laptop didn't until after the update

Then the hardware is not up to snuff, go back to windows 7/ 8 .

Does the MB have both Northbridge and Southbridge IC's??

You do understand due to the addition of DirectX 12 that GPU has to be state of the art??

If you have a laptop with factory video it want cut it, MS was having issues with nVidia drivers when W10 first came out.

DirectX12 will double the frame rates on most aftermarket video cards.

How about the bus drivers, MS W10 does not provide support for those other than PCI, PnpISA, SCSI, and USB.

Sata drivers from Laptop manufacture may be needed, in fact a quick trip or even Google to make sure your laptop has all required W10 drivers not found in Windows.
Bus Drivers - Windows 10 hardware dev

Northbridge and Southbridge
If you have a look at your motherboard, chances are you’ll see a square metal component somewhere in the lower-right part of the board. This metal component is actually a heatsink, and its role is to provide thermal protection for the Northbridge – one of the most important components of a motherboard. The northbridge is responsible for coordinating the data flow between the memory, the video card and the processor. A secondary chip, known as Southbridge, has a similar function, coordinating the data flow between the processor and peripherals such as sound cards or network cards.
Types of Motherboard All That You Need to Know

Then the hardware is not up to snuff, go back to windows 7/ 8 .

Does the MB have both Northbridge and Southbridge IC's??

You do understand due to the addition of DirectX 12 that GPU has to be state of the art??

If you have a laptop with factory video it want cut it, MS was having issues with nVidia drivers when W10 first came out.

DirectX12 will double the frame rates on most aftermarket video cards.

How about the bus drivers, MS W10 does not provide support for those other than PCI, PnpISA, SCSI, and USB.

Sata drivers from Laptop manufacture may be needed, in fact a quick trip or even Google to make sure your laptop has all required W10 drivers not found in Windows.
Bus Drivers - Windows 10 hardware dev

Northbridge and Southbridge
If you have a look at your motherboard, chances are you’ll see a square metal component somewhere in the lower-right part of the board. This metal component is actually a heatsink, and its role is to provide thermal protection for the Northbridge – one of the most important components of a motherboard. The northbridge is responsible for coordinating the data flow between the memory, the video card and the processor. A secondary chip, known as Southbridge, has a similar function, coordinating the data flow between the processor and peripherals such as sound cards or network cards.
Types of Motherboard All That You Need to Know

Yea, that was all Japanese
:D

I do like your wired antennae idea in your previous reply, though
:cool:

:thup:

I upgraded to Win 10 on my laptop that was running Windows 7 and had all sorts of immediate issues most of which have resolved as updates were frequently installed over the first 24 to 48 hours. But not all. One game I really enjoy playing still isn't playing well with Win 10 and I don't find things loading faster or being more stable with Win 10--but then I was not really having any issues with Win 7. But I'm gradually making peace with Win 10 and hope things will improve.

However, the experience makes me reluctant to upgrade my PC that runs Win 8.1. I may be the only person on the planet that LIKES Win 8.1 though it took me a lot of months to get to that point. So I may hold off on the upgrade for at least awhile.

Last edited:
I upgraded to Win 10 on my laptop that was running Windows 7 and had all sorts of immediate issues most of which have resolved as updates were frequently installed over the first 24 to 48 hours. But not all. One game I really enjoy playing still isn't playing well with Win 10 and I don't find things loading faster or being more stable with Win 10--but then I was not really having any issues with Win 7. But I'm gradually making peace with Win 10 and hope things will improve.

However, the experience makes me reluctant to upgrade my PC that runs Win 8.1. I may be the only person on the planet that LIKES Win 8.1 thought it took me a lot of months to get to that point. So I may hold off on the upgrade for at least awhile.
Yea, give it a little while for everything else to be compatible.
Firefox just now updated.

My paint shop seems to like it, tho

Forum List

Back