Wind energy within the United states updates

Really bugs you fellows, doesn't it. You are standing out in left field doing the neener-neener act, and wind and solar just keep growing at double digit compound rates.

I have never seen a projection where wind or solar have ever grown by a significant share of electrical demand... Like 70+ years more fossil fuel domination.

I think that a battery-based economy or high-efficiency grid and transmission system would have to precede their growth.

Really bugs you fellows, doesn't it. You are standing out in left field doing the neener-neener act, and wind and solar just keep growing at double digit compound rates.

I have never seen a projection where wind or solar have ever grown by a significant share of electrical demand... Like 70+ years more fossil fuel domination.

I think that a battery-based economy or high-efficiency grid and transmission system would have to precede their growth.

I think that the batteries and alternatives will develop synergically with a distributed grid.

I like the battery - based system because it brings off-shore or remote power production into play.

What "Battery based" wind power systems are you talking about? Especially offshore where space and maintenance are at a premium.. Batteries are sometimes used to SMOOTH the wind output, but the capacity extends for a couple hours when running at about 1/3 peak.

A MW-hr battery is as large as 1/2 a semi-trailer at best and would double the cost of a turbine.

What "Battery based" wind power systems are you talking about? Especially offshore where space and maintenance are at a premium.. Batteries are sometimes used to SMOOTH the wind output, but the capacity extends for a couple hours when running at about 1/3 peak.

A MW-hr battery is as large as 1/2 a semi-trailer at best and would double the cost of a turbine.

Yeah.. semi-trailer sized. Picture a cordless phone or battery operated device... but rather a cordless energy economy with battery-powered infrastructure.

Iowa #1 in Nation in Wind Energy Production
Iowa produces 20% of all the electricity generated in the state from wind turbines ranking it first in the nation and second in the world!

Iowa Wind Energy Association

If the windbags would get off the government teat for a while and try to make it on their own they would be hung out to dry with little support. The point is that the US is pissing against the wind with political funding of projects designed to get votes from the radical base and mired in junk science and faulty claims that the world is ending because of man made global warming. How many examples of hypocrisy do you need? Al Gore's little compound using more energy per person than most towns? The grant people admitting that they fudged details and lied to keep the grant money flowing? Notice how the Hussein administration has downplayed the global warming "crisis" since the republican congressional landslide? Democrats know that people want cheap energy and jobs, not ludicrous windbag claims of "alternate energy" that doesn't exist.

If windmills are such a great alternative, why at liberals protesting them all over the country to prevent them?

Iowa #1 in Nation in Wind Energy Production
Iowa produces 20% of all the electricity generated in the state from wind turbines ranking it first in the nation and second in the world!

Iowa Wind Energy Association

Iowa is not an energy consumption market of note. Whether Iowa or the Pacific, This energy has to go somewhere that it is needed to make an impact... Hence grids and batteries.

For all the accolades wind boasts, collocation with urban centers is not a high-point.

The Bambie fuckers? They want to destroy industrial civilization...They're against all forms of energy.

Really, dude, why do you post this kind of children's thinking? Are you five?

When I see statements like this I really wonder what kind of reaction the poster expects - laughter and ridicule? Do you need someone to come and give you a hug?

I hope you will come back and post something adult and coherent that we can then discuss.

Last edited:
The Bambie fuckers? They want to destroy industrial civilization...They're against all forms of energy.

Really, dude, why do you post this kind of children's thinking? Are you five?

It's not even worth answering.

Well, it's true. There's people that hate industrial civilization. If you don't like something don't read it.:eusa_boohoo:

Matthew -

Who hates industrial civilisation?

Who is against all forms of energy, and why are they against tidal, wind, solar etc?

You are making absolutely no sense at all.

If the windbags would get off the government teat for a while and try to make it on their own they would be hung out to dry with little support. The point is that the US is pissing against the wind with political funding of projects designed to get votes from the radical base and mired in junk science and faulty claims that the world is ending because of man made global warming. How many examples of hypocrisy do you need? Al Gore's little compound using more energy per person than most towns? The grant people admitting that they fudged details and lied to keep the grant money flowing? Notice how the Hussein administration has downplayed the global warming "crisis" since the republican congressional landslide? Democrats know that people want cheap energy and jobs, not ludicrous windbag claims of "alternate energy" that doesn't exist.

Nobody cares about the far left or right. You guys make lots of noise without getting any ink on anything you'd blab about.

I am impressed w/ Brazil's ethanol economy and how it was built from choices which markets could not sort out on their own.

Politicians were pleased with the US wind energy’s latest milestone. “This milestone for wind-energy production marks continued success for this clean, renewable and domestically produced energy source,” said Republican Senator Chuck Grassley in a statement. “Wind energy has exceeded expectations since I first authored the tax incentive, in 1992, and offers an ideal for expanded production and use of alternative energy sources in the future.”

“It is amazing that 50,000 megawatts of our nation’s power is generated from clean and affordable wind energy,” Oklahoma Republican Frank Lucas Said.

Clean Technica (US Reaches 50GW of Wind Energy Capacity in Q2 of 2012 - CleanTechnica)

Look who's becoming supportive of it...In the future this isn't going to be a democrat and republican issue. I've come to the conclusion that wind deserves the same tax credit as coal.

Really? You think China should be subsidized by Tax credits?[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YabnLHPYDW4&feature=player_detailpage]80% Of Green Jobs Stimulus Money Going Overseas - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah.. semi-trailer sized. Picture a cordless phone or battery operated device... but rather a cordless energy economy with battery-powered infrastructure.

That my bud is an enviro nightmare.. You still need the semi - sized trailer for every grocery store to make it thru the night. IF the goal is to push sketchy performing "renewables" BEYOND what can realistically lower peak grid loads..

The question that should be asked is why shouldn't we use the power of the wind? At least as a secondary part of our grid????

As soon as you put yourself in the seat of that Regional Power System Operator and answer the questions I put to There4IAM --- we can address the REAL costs of taking spikey unreliable power onto a grid that has to function ALL THE TIME.

Page 2 -- Post #20...

Last edited:

That my bud is an enviro nightmare.. You still need the semi - sized trailer for every grocery store to make it thru the night. IF the goal is to push sketchy performing "renewables" BEYOND what can realistically lower peak grid loads..

The goal there is to relinquish growth from infrastructure. There's no direct connection between a battery-based system and renewables per sa. Renewable energy sources simply collocate/coexist poorly with demand, whereas batteries are used to store energy until demanded and nearby (at a grid-insertion point or at the grocery store itself) to the source in demand.

Forum List

Back