Why isn't there any wind energy in the deep south?

Why isn't there any wind farms in the deep south? There's tons of wind farms making up 20-70% of their energy in the midwest and plains, which includes places like texas that are all solid red, but literally none in Miss, alabama, LA, ky, tenn, ark and GA.

Is there any movement towards building large scale farms in these southeastern states?
South is basically turning its back on all that BS. The disastrous destruction just a few weeks ago of a huge solare panel farm, with chemicals leaching into the water,, parts needed (FROM CHINA).

Well, probably because the wind can blow either way at any minute or both ways at the same time.

You see, there's the Gulf and there's the Atlantic, and wind comes off of both of them and from up north and down south.

The wind can be blowing in different directions just going up the floors of a condo.

There can be a light breeze going one way on the 3rd floor, and then a sustained 25 mph wind going a different way on the

7th, and another going a different way from the other 2 on the 11th.

As for Texas, they have the Pacific and Gulf, and then Mexico and up north.

Wind Energy, has been a failure.

The cost of wind energy is tens of trillions of dollars.
The life span of a wind turbine is tiny, literally.
The use of land by wind turbines, mind boggling, massive, destructive.
The destruction of wildlife, no other industry as bad.
The amount of natural resources again, massive

And when you get through all that, we get a tiny amount of electricity, sometimes able to power a house, but never ever able to power industry.

California is great example of wind power, California is the state that imports more electricity than any other state.

I see an idiot rated the cost of trillions as fake news. Is it not great that the ignorant here can express themselves without ever having to break their life long handicap of being ignorant.

Wind Energy costs trillions of dollars, anybody who disagrees can dispute my fact by simply posting the total already spent, on Wind Turbines in the last 20 years.

But for now, it is easy for me to post links and quotes from sources stating the cost is trillions every year, and the future cost will total over $300 trillion.

The transformation of the global economy needed to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050 would be universal and significant, requiring $9.2 trillion in annual average spending on physical assets, $3.5 trillion more than today

According to Mckinsey, we need to spend more than the $6 trillion being spent annually.

$6 trillion is spent every year on the green economy. What percentage of that $6 trillion is going towards wind turbines?

Just some information to add to the conservation.

OCEAN CURRENT ENERGY​

HOME WHAT IS OCEAN ENERGY? OCEAN CURRENT ENERGY

WHAT IS OCEAN CURRENT ENERGY?​

The massive oceanic surface currents of the world are untapped reservoirs of energy. Their total energy flux has been estimated at 2.8 ¥ 1014 (280 trillion) watt-hours. Because of their link to winds and surface heating processes, the ocean currents are considered as indirect sources of solar energy. If the total energy of a current was removed by conversion to electric power, that current would cease to exist; but only a small portion of any ocean current’s energy can be harnessed, owing to the current’s size.

WHY USE CURRENT ENERGY?​

One of the primary advantages of this technology is the energy density. While solar and wind systems are well-suited for remote off grid locations, ocean energy is ideal for large-scale developments in the multiple gigawatt range. Sea water is 832 times as dense as air, providing a 5 knot ocean current with more kinetic energy than a 350 km/h wind.
According to Devon Girard, The Blue Energy Power System acts as a series of underwater windmills exposed to daily hurricane forces. The tremendous volume and density of ocean currents allows our technology to satisfy large electricity demands efficiently. Ocean currents are one of the largest untapped renewable energy resource on the planet. Preliminary surveys show a global potential of over 450,000 MW, representing a market of more than US$550 billion.

MORE ABOUT OCEAN CURRENT ENERGY:​

Last edited:
Just some information to add to the conservation.

OCEAN CURRENT ENERGY​

HOME WHAT IS OCEAN ENERGY? OCEAN CURRENT ENERGY

. Preliminary surveys show a global potential of over 450,000 MW, representing a market of more than US$550 billion.​

And there it is, somebody has their hand out for $550 billion dollars of tax money.

There is no real technology behind tidal energy. There is old technology, but no new science. Something must spin to make electricity.

If anyone thinks Tidal or Ocean Currents can power our future, I got news for you, this is not new and it has already failed.

Well, probably because the wind can blow either way at any minute or both ways at the same time.

You see, there's the Gulf and there's the Atlantic, and wind comes off of both of them and from up north and down south.

The wind can be blowing in different directions just going up the floors of a condo.

There can be a light breeze going one way on the 3rd floor, and then a sustained 25 mph wind going a different way on the

7th, and another going a different way from the other 2 on the 11th.

As for Texas, they have the Pacific and Gulf, and then Mexico and up north.
I have noticed Dems BAN any wind energy projects near the islands/shore where elitist Dems have their beach homes.

No, wind power is at best intermittent and non-existent largely, at night. We need real power to electrify industry, Wind and Solar can never ever provide more than just a tiny little bit of electricity, sometimes.
wow, it seems some idiot called this post fake news. Maybe they thought the wind blows at night and they need a goolge link before they fell comfortable. I am always here to help the snowflakes from crying, just ask as you did.

Of course, anybody can step outside and see if the wind is blowing so you dont have to read the facts here, go look yourself. And if you live near ponds and lakes, on the way to work, notice how well you can see the reflection of trees and stuff on the surface of the perfectly calm water. More evidence that there is much less wind, if none at all, during the night.

More often than not, the wind dies down at night after a blustery day. Where does the wind go? Why are nights generally more calm than days?

The Sun​

The difference between calm nights and windy days is the sun. During the day, the sun warms the surface of the Earth, which in turn warms the atmosphere above it. But at sunset, the earth's surface and the layers of the atmosphere directly above it cool faster than higher layers of the atmosphere. That creates a stable temperature pattern, with dense, cool air on the ground and less dense, warmer air above.

And that's a little crazy, because normally the atmosphere gets cooler as you go up! But with cooler air sitting tight at ground level, the usual temperature pattern turns upside down for a few hundred feet above the ground. Known as a temperature inversion, this upside-down pattern acts as a barrier, dividing the cool, calm air on the ground from whatever's happening above.

Wind Blown​

On many calm nights, the wind still blows far overhead, but a temperature inversion prevents it from coming down to earth.​

At sunrise, everything changes.

The sun warms the earth and the lower layers of the atmosphere, mixing everything up. Without the temperature inversion as a boundary, the winds gust down to the ground again, picking up the most speed on smooth landscapes with little resistance to wind.

And there it is, somebody has their hand out for $550 billion dollars of tax money.

There is no real technology behind tidal energy. There is old technology, but no new science. Something must spin to make electricity.

If anyone thinks Tidal or Ocean Currents can power our future, I got news for you, this is not new and it has already failed.
True it is not a new idea. I first knew of it in an article by a professor at the University of Oslo back in the 1960s. I do believe it is worth the research and development to make it viable.

True it is not a new idea. I first knew of it in an article by a professor at the University of Oslo back in the 1960s. I do believe it is worth the research and development to make it viable.
It has already failed? What makes you think any more research and money will make it viable?

Do you understand how electricity is made?

It's been rainin two days now, and tomorrow's supposed to be "the big un." I got 10 inches in Jan, 5 in Feb and 'nother 10 in March, and it's STILL RAININ'

dON'T TELL BE BOUT SOLAR. LOL And them windmills prolly rust.

and jock rash ain't no joke.

Forum List

Back