Willard Vs. Obama On Gun Control

Conservatives, does Willard's strong anti-gun stances affect your vote for him?

• Yes, I will now support Obama or someone else that is pro-2nd amendment

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Somewhat, I will consider not voting for him

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, I will vote for Willard no matter what

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a Romney supporter to begin with.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Though I was surprised he signed the righ to carry in parks. MANY OF US DID SO ANYWAY. So it wasnt all that and a bag of chips.

Wow, that makes you one of the cool kids!

Now, please tell me how Obama's expandion gun rights leads you to the conclusion that Obama is aiming to strictly curtail gun rights.

THE PLOT OF FAST AND FURIOUS MORE THEN PROVES THAT POINT.

Now you can defeat that premise by posting the convictions in the case. Make sure you include The FBI allowing the transfer of weapons to known felons.
So the Bush administration was also trying to set up an arrangement to curtail gun rights?

On the one hand, we have two significant decisions that expand and extend gun rights in the United States signed by Obama.

On the other, we have a conspiracy theory that Obama was building on a Bush program by arming people in Mexico in order to prove that allowing people in the US to arm themselves needs to be curtailed.

Has the administration called for any gun restrictions since then?

OK then. You wear that theory tall and high.

Now, please tell me how Obama's expandion gun rights leads you to the conclusion that Obama is aiming to strictly curtail gun rights.

Now you can defeat that premise by posting the convictions in the case. Make sure you include The FBI allowing the transfer of weapons to known felons.
So the Bush administration was also trying to set up an arrangement to curtail gun rights?

On the one hand, we have two significant decisions that expand and extend gun rights in the United States signed by Obama.

On the other, we have a conspiracy theory that Obama was building on a Bush program by arming people in Mexico in order to prove that allowing people in the US to arm themselves needs to be curtailed.

Different program.

Apple and orange comparisons will not carry you in this conversation.

Different program.

You know what might "Carry you" in this conversation? A resort to simple logic:

Two significant expansions of gun rights vs. a conspiracy theory that states federal agents distributing guns in Mexico was meant as a foil for curtailing distribution/use of guns in the United States.

Logic would dictate....well...nevermind.

Willard is definitely more pro-gun control than the President. Its common knowledge.

No, no, no - don't you see? Mitt's moves to restrict gun rights in Massachusetts is a sign he supports expanding gun rights.

On the other hand, Obama's expansion of gun rights while president is a sign he supports restricting gun rights.

How could you possible disagree with such an obvious conclusion?

This is a lie.
Repeating that lie, as you are want to do, makes you a liar.
:dunno:
Calling something a lie is just smoke blowin'---if you are able to show empirical evidence that President Obama is anti 2nd Amendment, now would be a good time to show it,
Look a few posts back - link posted, and your apology accepted.

Ain't no there, there, the empirical evidence is:

"Obama:
Passed legislation to allow concealed carry in national parks
Passed legislation to allow concealed carry on amtrak trains
Received an "F" rating from the Brady center to prevent gun violence (anti-gun association)
Has passed no legislation to ban or restrict 2nd amendment rights."

Shaking my head at your Republican projection, try again -- you're welcome!

"For starters, Obama wouldn’t be able to “bypass” Congress, as the author of this email claims. All international treaties that the U.S. agrees to require the approval of two-thirds of the senators present before the treaties can be ratified. Those would surely be tough votes to get if the treaty banned all firearms"

From your own link and this is a funny one "The new rule is one of more than 100 executive orders expected to be signed by the outgoing president in his waning days in office, many of them gutting environmental regulations or are simply gifts to favored industries"

So on his way out the door, W was (or did) force through 100 executive orders, bypassing congress to gut environmental standards and give handouts to his cronies. What a guy,...though that is the GOP for you, disgusting animals.

Again, you are trying to make some kind of spin, deflect, and twist excuse that makes no sense. It's a simple question, did Obama sign the bill into law making concealed carry law in national parks? The answer is YES.

Now back to the topic, does Willard's liberal views on gun control make you less likely to support him?

Look, the simple fact is you were wrong, Obama did not pass any law allowing guns into national parks. Moving the goal post from Obama proposing the law to get it through congress like this is something he was trying to get to him simply signing a bill that would have passed even if he vetoed it only makes you look desperate. Try manning up for one in your life, it feels good.

I already told you, I don't support Romney, so nothing is going to make me less likely to support him.

The democratic congress has to vote and accept the bill. If they did not want to it be passed, they would have shot it down.

From there the democratic senate vote on it, if they didn't want it to be passed, they would have shot it down.

The if the democratic president was against it, he would have vetoed it.

I don't see what is wrong with you in the head. The president and only the president signs federal bills into law.

Funny how the Congress is controlled by Democrats when you want to give Obama credit for something, but everything that Obama wants to do is impossible because Republicans control the very same Congress. 90 Senators voted for that bill to pass. The specific Amendment we are discussing here was added to the Credit CARD Act with a 67-29 Senate vote. Want to bet on how many Republicans v how many Democrats voted against the amendment?

The problem you have here is with reality. You said that Obama passed a law that allowed guns to be carried into federal parks. You also said he passed a law allowing concealed carry on Amtrak. Not only did he not pass either law, the second one does not even exist.

Different program.

You know what might "Carry you" in this conversation? A resort to simple logic:

Two significant expansions of gun rights vs. a conspiracy theory that states federal agents distributing guns in Mexico was meant as a foil for curtailing distribution/use of guns in the United States.

Logic would dictate....well...nevermind.

Significant? :lmao:

How is it you are so heavily vested in democrats you can not criticize criminal wrongdoing?

I thought this is a good article with some interesting facts on the two presidential candidates when it comes to gun control. A few highlights:

Obama:

Received an "F" rating from the Brady center to prevent gun violence (anti-gun association)

Has passed no legislation to ban or restrict 2nd amendment rights.

Willard:

When running for governor in 02', supported the state's "tough gun laws". The NRA gave his democratic opponent a better rating

Quadrupled the state's gun licensing fee as governor

After the federal assault weapons ban expired, Willard signed a state level assault weapons ban.

During a presidential debate, said he would sign a federal assault weapons ban if it hit his desk as president.

The interesting thing is Obama has been a pretty staunch conservative when it comes to gun laws, where Willard is strongly liberal.

A question for Romney voters, will having him being pro-gun control while Obama being strongly pro-freedom affect your vote?

Gun control: Mitt Romney and Barack Obama’s political record | The Raw Story

Romney beside being weak on Immigration issues, is weak as piss on Gun Control issues?

As Governor, Mitt Romney Took Both Hard and Soft Stances on Immigration | Fox News Latino

You used to be a guy that, even when he was being deliberately stupid, could be counted on to treat both parties with an equal degree of contempt. Now you are spouting Democratic Party talking points straight out of the fund raising emails.

What happened?

Look, the simple fact is you were wrong, Obama did not pass any law allowing guns into national parks. Moving the goal post from Obama proposing the law to get it through congress like this is something he was trying to get to him simply signing a bill that would have passed even if he vetoed it only makes you look desperate. Try manning up for one in your life, it feels good.

I already told you, I don't support Romney, so nothing is going to make me less likely to support him.

The democratic congress has to vote and accept the bill. If they did not want to it be passed, they would have shot it down.

From there the democratic senate vote on it, if they didn't want it to be passed, they would have shot it down.

I don't see what is wrong with you in the head. The president and only the president signs federal bills into law.

Funny how the Congress is controlled by Democrats when you want to give Obama credit for something, but everything that Obama wants to do is impossible because Republicans control the very same Congress. 90 Senators voted for that bill to pass. The specific Amendment we are discussing here was added to the Credit CARD Act with a 67-29 Senate vote. Want to bet on how many Republicans v how many Democrats voted against the amendment?

The problem you have here is with reality. You said that Obama passed a law that allowed guns to be carried into federal parks. You also said he passed a law allowing concealed carry on Amtrak. Not only did he not pass either law, the second one does not even exist.

The president doesn't sign bills into law? That's a new one to me,...

I don't think we yet have a final body count from the Fast and Furious debacle, a scheme concocted to subvert the second amendment and create a pretext for Obama's ambition for new and more restrictive gun control legislation. I shutter to think what he will try to do on behalf of gun control if he gets a second term.

Even though Bush was the one that started F&F, Obama has been very pro-freedom on 2nd amendment rights, in the end it's all a conspiracy that he's "Gunna take yer gunnnnnnz!" :eusa_hand:

Willard has been very anti-2nd amendment, but that's ok, he'll be "on our side",....How warped is the right wing mind? :cuckoo:

Bush did not start Fast and Furious. The official position of the Obama administration is that it was a rogue operation started without any knowledge of the higher ups by the Phoenix office. Strangely enough, they haven't actually fired anyone yet.

Obama has been very conservative when it comes to gun laws. Willard, very liberal.
Barack Obama on Gun Control

The Obama's position on gun control is very clear: as soon as he has the opportunity to do so - meaning, if there's a ever a moment where doing so won't cost him or his party any of their political power - he will enact any number of restrictive measures.

He had (according to the GOP thugs) two years of complete control of congress. If he was going to pass anything of the sort, wouldn't he have done it by now?

Weren't you the guy that just argued with me that the Democrats passed the Coburn Amendment to the Credit CARD Act?

He had (according to the GOP thugs) two years of complete control of congress. If he was going to pass anything of the sort, wouldn't he have done it by now?

Not if he wanted to get blown out in 2010 and no second term.

Since in your minds that happened, and libs hate guns, wouldn't his strong pro-gun stances be political suicide with his base?

Please try reading my post again.

Read my OP, Obama has been very conservative with gun legislation, where Willard has been very liberal. That seems bizarre to me that you seem to think someone that's been very pro-2nd amendment is somehow against it, where Willard that has been very anti-2nd amendment, is somehow for it. :eusa_think:

I already debunked your OP, why should he read it again?

Let me put it as simple as possible for you, -you seem to be having trouble
Let me point out what you are getting wrong.

Again.

Obama:

He overturned a Bush era regulation that allowed weapons into national parks if the owner of the weapon was in compliance with state law. This action, combined with a decision by a federal judge to block the rule until it was adjudicated, prompted Tom Coburn (R-OK) to offer an amendment to the Credit CARD Act which passed with a 67-29 vote that prohibited the Secretary of the Interior from enforcing any regulations prohibiting guns in federal parks. Obama did not support the Amendment, and it was opposed by the Democratic leadership as a rider to the Credit CARD Act.

Amtrak does not allow concealed carry on their trains, they now use the same rules for guns that the FAA imposes on air traffic.

All that means is that the Brady group thinks he sucks because he has not done anything to get rid of guns. This does not say anything about his actual stance on, or support of, gun rights. Obama has said more than once that he will take up gun control as an issue at some point, just not now.

President Obama to address gun control soon, aides say

Has passed no legislation to ban or restrict 2nd amendment rights.

Has passed no legislation at all ever in his life. Period.

Last edited:
Calling something a lie is just smoke blowin'---if you are able to show empirical evidence that President Obama is anti 2nd Amendment, now would be a good time to show it,
Look a few posts back - link posted, and your apology accepted.
Ain't no there, there
You either didnt look very hard, or found what I posted and chose to ignore it.
Either way:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/5672014-post51.html

From that list:
-Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws, regardless of the 2nd amendment
-Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban, assault weapon ban, waiting periods background checks, licensing and registration
-Supported the DC handgun ban
-Sponssored a bill to limit handgun purchased to 1/month
-Wants to "keep guns out of the inner cities"
-Criticized GWB for not extending the 'assault weapon' ban
-Reponded tha he wants to:
----Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
----Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
----Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
-Voted no on a bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributor, etc

There's the empricial evidence of your Secular Messiah's stance on guns.

You may continue to lie at your lesiure.

2ndAmendment-e1343046423172.jpg

The president doesn't sign bills into law? That's a new one to me,...
It is not at all surprising that you did not know that Congress passes laws and Presidents sighn them.

Letting guns into the hands of criminals was not what the previous program was about.

But you do put up good talking points for dem hacks.

Now when are you going to call for the perps in fast and furious to account.

You keep making excuse which goes directly to your strength of character.

Odd thing, democrats funded the illegal program.

Why arent we hearing about guns going to mexico anymore?

You can stop being a mental midget at anytime.

Forum List

Back