Willard Vs. Obama On Gun Control

Conservatives, does Willard's strong anti-gun stances affect your vote for him?

• Yes, I will now support Obama or someone else that is pro-2nd amendment

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Somewhat, I will consider not voting for him

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, I will vote for Willard no matter what

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a Romney supporter to begin with.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Do you not even know how bills are created? :cuckoo: These bills were created and passed by a democratic congress, a democratic senate, and a democratic president. Don't try to spin and make yourself look like a moron.

Obama has been very conservative when it comes to gun laws. Willard, very liberal.

Thank you for saying this, now tell liberals that this happened and our results have still been shit.....They had 2 years where they could pass anything without ANY republican support and they blame republicans, horseshit......

Yes, it is horseshit.

Democrats had a 60 seat majority from September 24, 2009 thru February 4, 2010. 4 months; not 2 years!!

President Obama DID NOT control Congress for Two Years! | The Pragmatic Pundit

OMG arguing with you is like arguing witha 5 year old, ok so you had 59 senators, the house and white house and you passed alot of shit that sucked, the republicans still dont have the white house or senate, yet you blame them, does the phrase "You're a fucking tool" mean anything to you.

Thank you for saying this, now tell liberals that this happened and our results have still been shit.....They had 2 years where they could pass anything without ANY republican support and they blame republicans, horseshit......

Yes, it is horseshit.

Democrats had a 60 seat majority from September 24, 2009 thru February 4, 2010. 4 months; not 2 years!!

OMG arguing with you is like arguing witha 5 year old, ok so you had 59 senators, the house and white house and you passed alot of shit that sucked, the republicans still dont have the white house or senate, yet you blame them, does the phrase "You're a fucking tool" mean anything to you.

Uneducated, dumb as hell, and has no clue on how congress or the white house works,..

The staples of being a right winger.

I thought this is a good article with some interesting facts on the two presidential candidates when it comes to gun control. A few highlights:

Obama:

Passed legislation to allow concealed carry in national parks

Passed legislation to allow concealed carry on amtrak trains

Received an "F" rating from the Brady center to prevent gun violence (anti-gun association)

Has passed no legislation to ban or restrict 2nd amendment rights.

Willard:

When running for governor in 02', supported the state's "tough gun laws". The NRA gave his democratic opponent a better rating

Quadrupled the state's gun licensing fee as governor

After the federal assault weapons ban expired, Willard signed a state level assault weapons ban.

During a presidential debate, said he would sign a federal assault weapons ban if it hit his desk as president.

The interesting thing is Obama has been a pretty staunch conservative when it comes to gun laws, where Willard is strongly liberal.

A question for Romney voters, will having him being pro-gun control while Obama being strongly pro-freedom affect your vote?

Gun control: Mitt Romney and Barack Obama’s political record | The Raw Story

Obama did not pass anything, Congress did, all Obama did was sign it. They actually tacked the concealed carry law in national parks onto the credit card reform law Obama touted as a special project, there was no way he was not going to sign it. Nice of you to give him credit for the work Congress did though, is that part of his official you didn't do that program?

As for Amtrack, they have the exact same rules as airlines. That means you cannot concealed carry on Amtrack, but you can carry a weapon in checked baggage if you declare it. What Congress did was pass a law requiring them to comply with federal regulations rather than leave it up to the discretion of the idiots at each station. Not sure why you want to flat out lie about what Obama accomplished...

Wait, lies is all your side has about Obama, the truth would force you to admit he is a failure.

As for Romney, since I never supported him in the first place I see no reason to change my position now.

By the way, you will never be able to cry about Romney being a right wing extremist if you keep arguing he is left of Obama on important issues.

Do you not even know how bills are created? :cuckoo: These bills were created and passed by a democratic congress, a democratic senate, and a democratic president. Don't try to spin and make yourself look like a moron.

Obama has been very conservative when it comes to gun laws. Willard, very liberal.

Do you?

Your claim was that Obama passed them, he didn't. What happened is that Bush instituted a new policy that allowed concealed carry in national parks before he left office.

Bush rule will allow guns in national parks » Corpus Christi Caller-Times

Obama then came in and cancelled all new rules that Bush implemented that had not been finalized, which included the new policy on concealed carry in national parks. Congress then tacked an amendment onto the credit card bill that Obama wanted. The Credit CARD Act had 90 votes in the Senate and wide popular support. If Obama had vetoed it his veto would easily have been overridden, so he signed it, and now you want to give him credit for something Bush started and Congress passed.

Once again, is this part of his new "You didn't do that" campaign? If so, I am not going to play along.

Last edited:
Yes, it is horseshit.

Uneducated, dumb as hell, and has no clue on how congress or the white house works,..

The staples of being a right winger.

Yeah you're right, I know nothing of civics, looking at your posts I would crush you on that, you're a libtard that is fed propaganda, you probably dont believe we landed on the moon, do ya? And yeah everything is fillabustered, so how did so many pieces of legislation happen in the first 2 years, and our economy still has more suck than a breastfeeding convention?

Oh and please tell us how it works, because you cant pass anything with less than 60 votes, funny how Bush always had a budget and shit got done, Kennedy even wrote the NCLB act...but that's when you try to include the other side, Obama doesnt do that

Obama did not pass anything, Congress did, all Obama did was sign it. They actually tacked the concealed carry law in national parks onto the credit card reform law Obama touted as a special project, there was no way he was not going to sign it. Nice of you to give him credit for the work Congress did though, is that part of his official you didn't do that program?

As for Amtrack, they have the exact same rules as airlines. That means you cannot concealed carry on Amtrack, but you can carry a weapon in checked baggage if you declare it. What Congress did was pass a law requiring them to comply with federal regulations rather than leave it up to the discretion of the idiots at each station. Not sure why you want to flat out lie about what Obama accomplished...

Wait, lies is all your side has about Obama, the truth would force you to admit he is a failure.

As for Romney, since I never supported him in the first place I see no reason to change my position now.

By the way, you will never be able to cry about Romney being a right wing extremist if you keep arguing he is left of Obama on important issues.

Do you?

Your claim was that Obama passed them, he didn't. .

Did Obama sign the bill into law allowing concealed carry in parks or not? It's a simple yes or no question,..but I'll help you, the answer is "YES"

Last edited:

Daily Kos: Grover Norquist on the GOP candidates: All we need is someone who can 'handle a pen'

This is how much faith Norquist has in Willard ... watch the video below.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/jansing-and-co/46454372#46454372

Last edited:

Do you?

Your claim was that Obama passed them, he didn't. .

Did Obama sign the bill into law allowing concealed carry in parks or not? It's a simple yes or no question,..but I'll help you, the answer is "YES"

No, he signed the Credit CARD Act after overturning the rule that allowed concealed carry in federal parks. The amendment that allows us carry weapons in National Parks was added to that bill by Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK)

I wonder why you deleted most of my post. Could it be that you are upset I caught your attempt to rewrite history?

Do you?

Your claim was that Obama passed them, he didn't. What happened is that Bush instituted a new policy that allowed concealed carry in national parks before he left office.

Bush rule will allow guns in national parks » Corpus Christi Caller-Times

Obama then came in and cancelled all new rules that Bush implemented that had not been finalized, which included the new policy on concealed carry in national parks. Congress then tacked an amendment onto the credit card bill that Obama wanted. The Credit CARD Act had 90 votes in the Senate and wide popular support. If Obama had vetoed it his veto would easily have been overridden, so he signed it, and now you want to give him credit for something Bush started and Congress passed.

Once again, is this part of his new "You didn't do that" campaign? If so, I am not going to play along.

From your own link and this is a funny one "The new rule is one of more than 100 executive orders expected to be signed by the outgoing president in his waning days in office, many of them gutting environmental regulations or are simply gifts to favored industries"

So on his way out the door, W was (or did) force through 100 executive orders, bypassing congress to gut environmental standards and give handouts to his cronies. What a guy,...though that is the GOP for you, disgusting animals.

Again, you are trying to make some kind of spin, deflect, and twist excuse that makes no sense. It's a simple question, did Obama sign the bill into law making concealed carry law in national parks? The answer is YES.

Now back to the topic, does Willard's liberal views on gun control make you less likely to support him?

Last edited:
Now back to the topic, does Willard's liberal views on gun control make you less likely to support him?

Not out of the choices.

Will have to hold his feet to the fire while he is in office.

Like the Libs say gun control is a dead issue, should be little worry w/ Romney in.

I thought this is a good article with some interesting facts on the two presidential candidates when it comes to gun control. A few highlights:

Obama:

Received an "F" rating from the Brady center to prevent gun violence (anti-gun association)

Willard:

When running for governor in 02', supported the state's "tough gun laws". The NRA gave his democratic opponent a better rating

After the federal assault weapons ban expired, Willard signed a state level assault weapons ban.

During a presidential debate, said he would sign a federal assault weapons ban if it hit his desk as president.

The interesting thing is Obama has been a pretty staunch conservative when it comes to gun laws, where Willard is strongly liberal.

A question for Romney voters, will having him being pro-gun control while Obama being strongly pro-freedom affect your vote?

Obama plans on signing a small arms treaty with NATO.

that will undo all the good he's done.

From your own link and this is a funny one "The new rule is one of more than 100 executive orders expected to be signed by the outgoing president in his waning days in office, many of them gutting environmental regulations or are simply gifts to favored industries"

So on his way out the door, W was (or did) force through 100 executive orders, bypassing congress to gut environmental standards and give handouts to his cronies. What a guy,...though that is the GOP for you, disgusting animals.

Again, you are trying to make some kind of spin, deflect, and twist excuse that makes no sense. It's a simple question, did Obama sign the bill into law making concealed carry law in national parks? The answer is YES.

Look, the simple fact is you were wrong, Obama did not pass any law allowing guns into national parks. Moving the goal post from Obama proposing the law to get it through congress like this is something he was trying to get to him simply signing a bill that would have passed even if he vetoed it only makes you look desperate. Try manning up for one in your life, it feels good.

I already told you, I don't support Romney, so nothing is going to make me less likely to support him.

Obama:

Willard:

Obama plans on signing a small arms treaty with NATO.

that will undo all the good he's done.

First, he has not done any good.

Second, he is not dumb enough to sign a treaty that has no advantages for the US in an election year.

Look, the simple fact is you were wrong, Obama did not pass any law allowing guns into national parks. Moving the goal post from Obama proposing the law to get it through congress like this is something he was trying to get to him simply signing a bill that would have passed even if he vetoed it only makes you look desperate. Try manning up for one in your life, it feels good.

I already told you, I don't support Romney, so nothing is going to make me less likely to support him.

The democratic congress has to vote and accept the bill. If they did not want to it be passed, they would have shot it down.

From there the democratic senate vote on it, if they didn't want it to be passed, they would have shot it down.

The if the democratic president was against it, he would have vetoed it.

I don't see what is wrong with you in the head. The president and only the president signs federal bills into law.

You would think if more gun control was such an important issue to you sissy libs, you'd all be rallying around Mitt Romney.

You would think if more gun control was such an important issue to you sissy libs, you'd all be rallying around Mitt Romney.

If gun control was such an important issue to you right wing thugs, you'd all be rallying behind Obama.

Forum List

Back