Willard Vs. Obama On Gun Control

Conservatives, does Willard's strong anti-gun stances affect your vote for him?

• Yes, I will now support Obama or someone else that is pro-2nd amendment

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Somewhat, I will consider not voting for him

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, I will vote for Willard no matter what

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a Romney supporter to begin with.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
I thought this is a good article with some interesting facts on the two presidential candidates when it comes to gun control. A few highlights:

Obama:

Passed legislation to allow concealed carry in national parks

Passed legislation to allow concealed carry on amtrak trains

Received an "F" rating from the Brady center to prevent gun violence (anti-gun association)

Has passed no legislation to ban or restrict 2nd amendment rights.

Willard:

When running for governor in 02', supported the state's "tough gun laws". The NRA gave his democratic opponent a better rating

Quadrupled the state's gun licensing fee as governor

After the federal assault weapons ban expired, Willard signed a state level assault weapons ban.

During a presidential debate, said he would sign a federal assault weapons ban if it hit his desk as president.

The interesting thing is Obama has been a pretty staunch conservative when it comes to gun laws, where Willard is strongly liberal.

A question for Romney voters, will having him being pro-gun control while Obama being strongly pro-freedom affect your vote?

Gun control: Mitt Romney and Barack Obama’s political record | The Raw Story

Romney beside being weak on Immigration issues, is weak as piss on Gun Control issues?

As Governor, Mitt Romney Took Both Hard and Soft Stances on Immigration | Fox News Latino

I don't think we yet have a final body count from the Fast and Furious debacle, a scheme concocted to subvert the second amendment and create a pretext for Obama's ambition for new and more restrictive gun control legislation. I shutter to think what he will try to do on behalf of gun control if he gets a second term.

Fast and Furious was designed and implemented by obama with the purpose of eventual total disarmament.

I don't think we yet have a final body count from the Fast and Furious debacle, a scheme concocted to subvert the second amendment and create a pretext for Obama's ambition for new and more restrictive gun control legislation. I shutter to think what he will try to do on behalf of gun control if he gets a second term.

Even though Bush was the one that started F&F, Obama has been very pro-freedom on 2nd amendment rights, in the end it's all a conspiracy that he's "Gunna take yer gunnnnnnz!" :eusa_hand:

Willard has been very anti-2nd amendment, but that's ok, he'll be "on our side",....How warped is the right wing mind? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Has Mittens been told what he thinks now?

If we want to know what Mittens thinks, we need to know what Norquist/Rove think.

And, to know what Norquist/Rove think about anything we just need to find out what will make them the most money with no regard for the safety of Americans of any age, including our children.

See? Its actually very easy to know Mittens' position on any subject or issue. Just follow the money and ignore all those dead bodies.

Obama did not pass anything, Congress did, all Obama did was sign it.

Daily Kos: Grover Norquist on the GOP candidates: All we need is someone who can 'handle a pen'

This is how much faith Norquist has in Willard ... watch the video below.

Grover Norquist: Congress will set 2012 agenda - Video on NBCNews.com

So Reagan didn't pass anything, the Democratic Congress gets credit for Reagan's supposed accomplishments?

:lol:

I thought this is a good article with some interesting facts on the two presidential candidates when it comes to gun control. A few highlights:

Obama:

Received an "F" rating from the Brady center to prevent gun violence (anti-gun association)

Willard:

When running for governor in 02', supported the state's "tough gun laws". The NRA gave his democratic opponent a better rating

After the federal assault weapons ban expired, Willard signed a state level assault weapons ban.

During a presidential debate, said he would sign a federal assault weapons ban if it hit his desk as president.

The interesting thing is Obama has been a pretty staunch conservative when it comes to gun laws, where Willard is strongly liberal.

A question for Romney voters, will having him being pro-gun control while Obama being strongly pro-freedom affect your vote?

Gun control: Mitt Romney and Barack Obama’s political record | The Raw Story
So we have two anti gun candidates with one having blood on his hands through criminal activity. You guys must be very proud being culpable in murder.

Does it worry me that Romney is not solid on the defense of the second amendment? Yes it does.

Had I had my druthers, he would not be the nominee.

BUT...getting the economy back on track and repealing Obamacare are my number one and number two concerns this election...and Romney is the only guy running who can make that happen. Period.

[/Thread]

Obama has been very conservative when it comes to gun laws. Willard, very liberal.
Barack Obama on Gun Control

The Obama's position on gun control is very clear: as soon as he has the opportunity to do so - meaning, if there's a ever a moment where doing so won't cost him or his party any of their political power - he will enact any number of restrictive measures.

Fast and Furious was designed and implemented by obama with the purpose of eventual total disarmament.

Yes, by extending and expanding gun rights President Obama is attempting to disarm people.

That makes perfect sense. No, really.

You better explain how arming drug cartels was expanding and extending gun rights...................

Obama has been very conservative when it comes to gun laws. Willard, very liberal.

The Obama's position on gun control is very clear: as soon as he has the opportunity to do so - meaning, if there's a ever a moment where doing so won't cost him or his party any of their political power - he will enact any number of restrictive measures.

He had (according to the GOP thugs) two years of complete control of congress. If he was going to pass anything of the sort, wouldn't he have done it by now?

He had (according to the GOP thugs) two years of complete control of congress. If he was going to pass anything of the sort, wouldn't he have done it by now?
Please try reading my post again.

Not if he wanted to get blown out in 2010 and no second term.

Since in your minds that happened, and libs hate guns, wouldn't his strong pro-gun stances be political suicide with his base?

Read my OP, Obama has been very conservative with gun legislation, where Willard has been very liberal. That seems bizarre to me that you seem to think someone that's been very pro-2nd amendment is somehow against it, where Willard that has been very anti-2nd amendment, is somehow for it. :eusa_think:

Since in your minds that happened, and libs hate guns, wouldn't his strong pro-gun stances be political suicide with his base?

Read my OP...
Your OP does not answer your question.
Since you seem unable to figure the answer out, I'll simplify it:

The Obama has not acted on his anti-gun agenda (link previously supplied) because to do so woud cost him and his party political power.

Hopefully that's clear enough.
That seems bizarre to me that you seem to think someone that's been very pro-2nd amendment is somehow against it
You apparently have not read The Obama's position and history on gun control -- again, link previously supplied -- for if you did, you'd understand how deeply you swim in ignorance when you say that The Obama has been very pro-gun.

Well, that may be wrong -- you may not be ignoramt you might just be lying.

:dunno:

Last edited:

Read my OP...

The Obama has not acted on his anti-gun agenda (link previously supplied) because to do so woud cost him and his party political power.

That seems bizarre to me that you seem to think someone that's been very pro-2nd amendment is somehow against it
You apparently have not read The Obama's position and history on gun control -- again, link previously supplied -- for if you did, you'd understand how deeply you swim in ignorance when you say that The Obama has been very pro-gun.

Let me put it as simple as possible for you, you seem to be having trouble

Obama:

Willard:

So Obama is the one anti-2nd amendment? :cuckoo:

Again, in the minds of the right wingers, liberals hate guns, wouldn't it be political suicide for him to be so pro-2nd amendment?

Last edited:

Read my OP...

Obama:

Willard:

Now you just cant help but lie.

When was Obaumble a governor?

Read my OP...

Generally, I give people the benifit of the the doubt - but in your case I'll mae an exception.
You're -lying- about The Obama being pro-2nd amendment.

Forum List

Back