Willard is driving a new Audi .. so much for American made

Ahh, expect the pat liberal response. "Well, that's DIFFERENT".
What these bozos fail to understand is even if one buys a car with an American name plate, it does not mean the car is "American made or even built"
Every single Ford Fusion is built in Mexico with 70% foreign made parts.
Many Ford vehicles come equipped with Transmission built by Mitsubishi.
Conversely, the Mazda 6, Toyota Tundra and Previa Vans are just some of the autos with foreign brands but are built right here in the USA with majority USA made parts.
So what's foreign these days?

What a pile...

Ford does NOT use a Mitsubishi transmission. (Though I recall their new FWD transaxles were designed jointly with Mazda.)
Toyota Previas were built in Japan. (My friend had one, built in Toyota City, Japan, VIN started with J.)
The Mazda 6 is built in the Ford-Mazda joint venture plant in Flat Rock; as of next year, all production for the US market will come from Japan.
My Ford F-150( 2000) has a Mistu tranny...
And my mistake. The Sienna is built in the US.
Here's a list of plants and what model or parts/components are made in each.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc. (TMMMS)
Mazdas have been made in the Flat Rock plant for over 20 years.
I had a 1990 MX -6 that was made there. The two Mazda 6's my friend has had were made in Flat Rock as well.
Anyway, the point is many foreign auto manufacturers have plants here that make cars with majority domestic parts. While some of our so called "American" car companies make their cars outside the US with majority foreign made parts.
Those are the facts. They are not in dispute.

If it's a manual, your truck has a Mazda (M5ODR2) transmission. Note: though a Mazda design, it was designed to a Ford specification and the only Mazda vehicles to use it were rebadged Ford trucks and SUV's.

Flat Rock was and is a Ford-Mazda joint venture...they built the 626, MX6, Probe, and Mustang, and will build the Fusion there starting next year.

Driving an audi just means he is driving an audi. He isnt making a political statement.

Get your partisan head out of your ass and come back to reality before you end up destroying yourself.

Everything is political to leftist turds...............EVERYTHING

Romney made a big deal about saying he loved AMERICAN cars.

He was lying.

He also said he would have let the AMERICAN car industry die.

That was one of the very few truths he told.

He was running for president when he said those things.

THAT is political.

(But, hell, the height of trees was political the Rs.)

I love American cars.

I drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser built in Japan.

Wouldn't trade it for anything, might even buy another one. Especially after the bailout.

Forum List

Back