Will You Still Have a Job, If Hillary Gets Elected ?

Will I have a job if Hillary gets elected? Hopefully no. I'll have more faith in the survival of Social Security if Hillary gets elected and so I'll retire.

I don't know how you figure that. Broke is broke. When SS runs out of money, it won't matter who's in office.

I was just talking to my mother last week, and she complained that she hasn't seen an SS increase in years. I explained to her how SS is running out of money, and how Obama policies have accelerated that deadline because in his failed effort to stimulate the economy, the feds took a smaller percentage of SS deductions from us working people for the first few years of Obama being in the White House.

Will I have a job if Hillary gets elected? Hopefully no. I'll have more faith in the survival of Social Security if Hillary gets elected and so I'll retire.

I don't know how you figure that. Broke is broke. When SS runs out of money, it won't matter who's in office.

I was just talking to my mother last week, and she complained that she hasn't seen an SS increase in years. I explained to her how SS is running out of money, and how Obama policies have accelerated that deadline because in his failed effort to stimulate the economy, the feds took a smaller percentage of SS deductions from us working people for the first few years of Obama being in the White House.
Social Security increases are based on a set formula linked to inflation and cost of living metrics

You can let her know it has nothing to do with Obama unless you advocate Obama should have had more inflation

I dont know if either candidate is really interested in saving it but tens of millions of people are sunk completely without it as their jobs never paid enough for them to put money away. I dont blame them. With the cost of everything going up and wages flatlining we cannot expect them to be able to save much. 40 thousand dollars a year is poverty wage now.

SS reform is easy peasy if the two parties will work together.

If anyone thinks either party can cut taxes for corporations and hurt grandmother in the SS net, such a person is an idiot.

The voters will make that party pay until it is crawling on its belly to make up for stupid.

Hey Jake:

Any investment ideas if Hillary wins?

Defense Stocks
Oil Stocks
Gun Manufacturing Stocks

???

When do you expect the first Mossad hit disguised as "islamic terror" on the US after Hillary is elected - September again??

Hey Jake:

Any investment ideas if Hillary wins?

Defense Stocks
Oil Stocks
Gun Manufacturing Stocks

???

When do you expect the first Mossad hit disguised as "islamic terror" on the US after Hillary is elected - September again??
You are a conspiracy nut.

Many corporations don't even pay any taxes at all? How can you not know that?

Besides, name the jobs Trump wants to bring back. Go ahead, show us you know what you are talking about. Name the jobs.

Restore U.S. manufacturing? Robots just took 60K jobs at a factory in China

Manufacturing Jobs Are Never Coming Back

AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs
Obviously YOU don't know what YOU'RE talking about. Jobs have ALREADY been coming back.

WalMart, General Electric, Farouk Systems, Ford, Boeing, Caterpillar, General Motors, Master Lock, Global Green Lighting, Generac Power Systems, Toyota , Siemens, Zentech, Thorley Industries, K'Nex Brands, Whirlpool, Motorola Mobility, Google, Nissan, just to name a few.

Manufacturers bringing the most jobs back to America

Record number of manufacturing jobs returning to America

More Jobs Coming Back to US from Overseas - Salary.com Business

After decades of exodus, companies returning production to the U.S.

11 American Companies That Brought Jobs Back Home

And "many" corporations don't even pay any taxes at all ? No, not "many". And corporate taxes are one of the main reasons why companies went overseas to begin with. With Hillary raising those taxes, they have more reason to stay overseas. With Trump lowering the corporate rate to 15% (10% lower than China), they have incentive to return (in addition to tariffs on their imports being sent here)

And Hillary's silly "exit tax TV ads as are pure BS. This is a NON-ISSUE. Generally, all the companies that would leave the US have already left some years ago.. There is hardly anyone to give an exit tax to. Companies are returning now, not leaving.
Then where are the jobs?

We already know. With unemployment at 4.9% everyone who could get hired has been hired.

With 5.8 million jobs unfilled because they require skills, explains what has to happen. It's called "education" and there isn't any way around it.

We know what the GOP thinks of education.

Then where are the jobs?

We already know. With unemployment at 4.9% everyone who could get hired has been hired.

With 5.8 million jobs unfilled because they require skills, explains what has to happen. It's called "education" and there isn't any way around it.

We know what the GOP thinks of education.

So who's stopping people from getting educated? If you wish to pursue a career, get the training and go for it.

The left, generationally, who are on welfare, are as guilty as the right.

Anyone who refuses to train gets what they deserve.

Side note: public education higher institutions should not be run as for-profit businesses.

Social Security increases are based on a set formula linked to inflation and cost of living metrics

You can let her know it has nothing to do with Obama unless you advocate Obama should have had more inflation

Sure Obama played a part in it. Where do you think that payroll tax cut came from? If you guessed from Social Security, then you guessed correctly. That drained money out of the system that was supposed to go in.

Sure Obama played a part in it. Where do you think that payroll tax cut came from? If you guessed from Social Security, then you guessed correctly. That drained money out of the system that was supposed to go in.
That was a short term jump start for incomes and the economy to get going after the Bush disaster. The GOP fought it from happening then fought it from ending, wanting to blame the Dems for everything.

SS reform is easy peasy if the two parties will work together.

If anyone thinks either party can cut taxes for corporations and hurt grandmother in the SS net, such a person is an idiot.

The voters will make that party pay until it is crawling on its belly to make up for stupid.
What money the govt has for Social Security or doesn't have, is a lot more complex thing that just looking at one particular tax. There are various things that we may find ourselves factoring if/whenever Donald Trump were to become president.

Some example are >>>

1. Billions$$$ saved by elimination of $123 Billion/year being lost due to immigrant remittances$$

2. Tens of billions more saved from elimination of welfare to illegal alien families.

3. Hundreds of Billions$$ gained from acquisition of ISIS oil fields, banks, and other holdings.

4. Elimination of major part of US debt, based on $$ being "owed" to countries that have been robbing us with remittance imperialism, devaluation, etc

5. Cutting general waste & fraud.

6. Cutting out some US govt agencies alltogether.

7. Report identifies ways that federal government could save $1 trillion by 2020

8. Reduction of the corporate tax + enacting import tariffs brings hundreds of US companies back to the US (Reshoring), creating millions more jobs and millions more taxpayers.

Protect if we cut corporate taxes i assume you will be demanding that jobs that pay 3 bucks an hour overseas pay 6 to 8 times that here. Plus benefits.

That was a short term jump start for incomes and the economy to get going after the Bush disaster. The GOP fought it from happening then fought it from ending, wanting to blame the Dems for everything.

Well who initiated it? That's right, DumBama.

And that couple extra bucks in our paycheck didn't do squat. Anybody that understands the economy would know that. What DumBama did accomplish was draining the fund even more. In fact, for the first time since SS started, SS payed out more than it took in during the cut. And please with the blaming Republicans for everything already. The Senate Republicans refused to extend it even more. Why don't you people ever accept responsibility for your own representatives?

Well who initiated it? That's right, DumBama.

And that couple extra bucks in our paycheck didn't do squat. Anybody that understands the economy would know that. What DumBama did accomplish was draining the fund even more. In fact, for the first time since SS started, SS payed out more than it took in during the cut. And please with the blaming Republicans for everything already. The Senate Republicans refused to extend it even more. Why don't you people ever accept responsibility for your own representatives?
The GOP fought against starting it, then fought against ending it. You won't accept your responsibility for what your representatives do? Trump is going to lose yuuuuge because of folks like you.

The GOP fought against starting it, then fought against ending it. You won't accept your responsibility for what your representatives do? Trump is going to lose yuuuuge because of folks like you.

Payroll Tax Cut Expires; How Much More Will You Pay?

HC-GS870_Reddy_A_20140807160003.jpg

By
SUDEEP REDDY
Jan 1, 2013 1:55 pm ET

The fiscal cliff deal reached by the White House and Senate Republicans wouldn’t extend the payroll-tax holiday. The biggest hit to 2013 growth appears likely to come from this tax break’s expiration on Monday.

Payroll Tax Cut Expires; How Much More Will You Pay?

Has nothing to do with COLA increases in SS

Has nothing to do with COLA increases in SS

I'm sure it does. Many times representatives use increases to buy votes. But that's not really possible now because it's simply not there.

Now they are scrambling to figure out a way to make SS solvent. The two ideas that are frequently tossed around are ceiling lifts and a later retirement age.

Ceiling lifts are only another tax on the wealthy, and increasing retirement age only works for a segment of labor. The people making such suggestions are the ones holding a microphone in front of the television or radio. But there are many occupations where that's not feasible.

You don't want to picture a 68 year old guy carrying shingles up a ladder to the roofer, or even a 68 year old roofer for that matter. How about the guy that empties out your garbage cans, or the road construction workers? Lawn maintenance is fine for younger folks, but what senior citizen is going to struggle in that hot sun day in and day out? I'll even take my occupation for instance. Do you want to be the vehicle in front of me when traffic comes to a sudden stop and I'm piloting a 75,000 lbs tractor-trailer at 67 years old?

Forum List

Back