Will you partcipate in an armed rebellion against the federal government?

Are you planning to take part in an armed rebellion against the federal government?

• Yes

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 87.1%

• Total voters
Nope...its Libertarian/Conservative.

If it was Liberal it would say " ......endowed by a government of men certain rights ; that among these are blah blah blah.....*trails off*

You got quite the pipe dream going for you there. I noticed what you have under your name, I realize now trying to have an intelligent conversation with a partisan hack like you will be impossible.

You mean I have to be partisan to hate Liberals????

Ahhhh....shucks.

Nope...its Libertarian/Conservative.

If it was Liberal it would say " ......endowed by a government of men certain rights ; that among these are blah blah blah.....*trails off*

You got quite the pipe dream going for you there. I noticed what you have under your name, I realize now trying to have an intelligent conversation with a partisan hack like you will be impossible.

Unalieanable rights goes against everything Marxist/lefties stand for.....mmm kay??

Funny how you Conservatives create your own reality and lies. You mean that the DD214 that I and many other liberals have was just a reflection of our desire to run the country? I have never accused those with conservative political leaning of being unpatriotic, yet you Conservative constantly repeat that stupidity that you cannot be liberal and patriotic.

really?
:eusa_whistle:

Really. Note that I said that I never accused those of conservative politiacal views of being unpatriotic. The Conservatives and supporters of such as the PNAC are a differant matter. People who out undercover CIA Agents, and the organization that they and other agents used for cover, are committing Treason.

Funny how the ONLY guy that actually outed a supposed undercover CIA operative was given a pass on it so they could instead spend 2 years fabricating perjury charges against someone that did not out anyone. Check the law dumb ass, it is ILLEGAL to base an investigation on pursuing perjury charges.

Maybe you'd understand the platitude better if I simply said that Neanderthals died out when the more intelligent Cro-Magnon outsmarted them with unique hunting techniques.

No, see, the platitude being meaningless has nothing to do with YOUR chosen explaination. It's meaningless because your opinion on what is or isn't "in fashion" anymore is without merit. You can't give a "why" without resorting to some sort veiled insult, which is weak.

How so? Because more are unemployed and relying on government subsistence programs? Why is there such massive unemployment?

Well let's see...illegally shutting down thousands of car dealerships is one source. If cap and trade passes, hundreds of thousands of more people will lose their jobs. Some of it is due to the regular, cyclical nature of economies, but massive deficit spending on an order never seen will also cause people to lose jobs - after all, you either have to print money to make up for it (driving inflation) or sell more debt to the Chinese which they seem increasingly unwilling to buy, also driving inflation. Inflation at the rate we're setting ourselves up to experience will cause massive job losses.

And let's not even talk about the mortgage mess caused by government interference.

You might try being more specific, since it's literally impossible for an economy the size of ours to simply crash and burn in a mere six months.

Well it can't be "literally impossible" given the slide we've seen since January, since it's actually happened.

Maybe you'd understand the platitude better if I simply said that Neanderthals died out when the more intelligent Cro-Magnon outsmarted them with unique hunting techniques.

No, see, the platitude being meaningless has nothing to do with YOUR chosen explaination. It's meaningless because your opinion on what is or isn't "in fashion" anymore is without merit. You can't give a "why" without resorting to some sort veiled insult, which is weak.

How so? Because more are unemployed and relying on government subsistence programs? Why is there such massive unemployment?

Well let's see...illegally shutting down thousands of car dealerships is one source. If cap and trade passes, hundreds of thousands of more people will lose their jobs. Some of it is due to the regular, cyclical nature of economies, but massive deficit spending on an order never seen will also cause people to lose jobs - after all, you either have to print money to make up for it (driving inflation) or sell more debt to the Chinese which they seem increasingly unwilling to buy, also driving inflation. Inflation at the rate we're setting ourselves up to experience will cause massive job losses.

And let's not even talk about the mortgage mess caused by government interference.

You might try being more specific, since it's literally impossible for an economy the size of ours to simply crash and burn in a mere six months.

Well it can't be "literally impossible" given the slide we've seen since January, since it's actually happened.

A walk down memory lane, sweetie:

Economic Snapshot for January 2009
SOURCE: AP/Mark Lennihan
January 13, 2009

The U.S. economy is experiencing its worst recession in decades. Jobs and wealth are falling at a rapid pace, driving families more quickly into default, foreclosure, and bankruptcy. This crisis is precipitated by a sharp drop in consumer spending, as well as a decline in business investment and the fact that the United States continues to import more than it exports. The only sector of the economy that can turn the situation around is the federal government, but irresponsible management in the past has created large, looming deficits that will make it harder to design the necessary stimulus and economic recovery package.

1. GDP growth turns negative. The gross domestic product declined at an annual rate of 0.5 percent in the third quarter of 2008—the largest decline since the third quarter of 2001. The drop in growth followed a 3.8% decline in consumer spending—the largest decrease since the second quarter of 1980. Spending on homes also declined by 16.0% in the third quarter of 2008, marking the 11th quarterly decline in a row and the longest continuous decline in residential real estate spending since the 11th quarter period that ended in March 1958.

2. Job losses accelerate. The U.S. economy lost 2.6 million jobs in 2008, including 524,000 jobs in December. Fifty-nine percent of job losses came during the last quarter.

3. Unemployment rates reflect broad labor market recession. The unemployment rate was 7.2% in December 2008—the highest level since January 1993. The African-American unemployment rate stood at 11.9%, the Hispanic unemployment rate at 9.2%, and the unemployment rate for whites at 6.6% in December 2008.

4. The job market recession is the most severe in decades. The labor market shrunk by 1.9% over the course of 2008—the fastest decline during the 12 months after a recession started since the recession that started in May 1960. The unemployment rate rose 2.3% during the first 12 months of the recession—the fastest such increase since the recession that started in January 1970.

5. Wages have temporarily outgrown inflation. Factoring in inflation, hourly wages were 2.3% and weekly wages were 3.3% higher in November 2008 than in December 2007. These increases followed lower prices in November 2008 and are unlikely to continue.

6. Benefits decreased before the crisis. The share of private sector workers with a pension dropped from 50.3% in 2000 to 45.1% in 2007, and the share of people with employer-provided health insurance dropped from 64.2% in 2000 to 59.3% in 2007.

7. Families are still burdened by high levels of debt. Household debt averaged 130.3% of disposable income in the third quarter of 2008, down from a record high of 133.5% at the end of 2007, but higher than any level recorded before September 2006.

8. The housing crisis deepens. New home sales in November 2008 were 35.3% lower and existing home sales were 10.6% lower than a year earlier. Median sale prices for new homes dropped by 11.5% and those for existing homes by 13.2% during the same time. It would take more than 11 months to sell all houses on the market at the current rate of new home sales. This has been true for four months in a row now, making this the worst new home sales market since the Census Bureau collected these data in 1963.

9. Homeowners lose wealth. The values of all homes fell by $656 billion in the third quarter of 2008 after accounting for inflation, and they were 13.6% or $2.4 trillion lower than a year earlier, making it the largest such drop since the Federal Reserve collected these data in 1952. Home equity as a share of home values also fell to a record low of 44.7% in the third quarter of 2008.

10. Mortgage troubles mount. One in 10 mortgages is delinquent or in foreclosure. The share of mortgages that were delinquent during the third quarter of 2008 was 7.0%, and the share of mortgages that were in foreclosure was 3.0%. The share of new mortgages going into foreclosure stayed at its record high of 1.1% in the third quarter.

11. Families feel the pressure. Credit card defaults rose to 5.6% of all credit card debt by the third quarter of 2008—an increase of 35.4% from the fourth quarter of 2007.

12. Business investment declines. Business investment declined by 1.7% in the third quarter of 2008—the largest decline since the first quarter of 2004. Business spending on equipment and software also dropped for the third quarter in a row, the longest such decline since the first quarter of 2002.

13. The trade deficit remains high. The trade deficit stood at 4.9% of GDP in the third quarter of 2008. Despite declining slightly, the trade deficit remains at a historically high and ultimately unsustainable level.

14. Large deficits are looming. Following years of fiscal and economic mismanagement, the federal government’s deficit is expected to reach $1.2 trillion in 2009, even before a necessary economic stimulus has been enacted.

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well organized and armed militia is their best security.

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then.

What country before ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

All quotes by a man that lived over 200 years ago and, in my opinion, was one of the best guards of our liberty that was ever born.
Thomas Jefferson

I am so glad you asked, certainly don't want to leave that to the perceptioons of some of the people here. LOL

I believe we can somehow vote them out, and fine some good people to take their places. I think I addressed that later on this board. Thanks for giving me a chance to clarify that.

as long as we have the kind of media we have....no quality people will run for office....

"Deriving their power from the consent of the governed..." is mega-non-liberal.

There is nothing Liberal about anything you said.....sorry.

"All men are created equal; that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness;

That's not Liberal or anything right? :rolleyes:

if that is true robert....if im happy smoking some weed,why cant i do it LEGALLY here in "liberal land"?....why will they still say no?....why cant i grow a little?...where is MY LIBERTY and my PURSUIT of HAPPINESS?.....wanna know why Robert?.....BECAUSE Dems and Repubs...can care less about your life, liberty, and the pursuit of your happiness....they sure talk the talk though dont they.....

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well organized and armed militia is their best security.

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then.

What country before ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

All quotes by a man that lived over 200 years ago and, in my opinion, was one of the best guards of our liberty that was ever born.
Thomas Jefferson
OK FreeMan..........errrrrrrrrrrrr. Nott in a Jewish freeman kinda way but they are as brainwashed."chosen" as you seem to be.
Meet me in Cuba and let's go bass fishing.
OH ! You can't !
Enjoy your freeDumb.

No. Im not sure I can take someones life. Even if they deserve it.

I love the martial arts but i hate fighting and hurting people. Go fig.

Not likely.

Assuming the worst, the fracus won't be the people of the USA V the US government, it will come to us as a civil war which will likely devolve into governance by the gun.

Given the choice between warlord anarchism and existing civil authority, I'm likely to side with the civil authorities even if I don't have much respect for them, either.

Even a bad government is typically better than the mob rule anarchy that typically comes during a civil war, folks.

Im not sure I agree. if for some reason the US government devolved, I would see the states taking more power and remaining intact to fight amongst one another.

There does need to be a cleansing. Government is corrupt, and most politicians need to be removed.

I don't think I would be involved in all out war, but in organized cleansing, I would jump right in.

What do you mean by "organized cleansing"?

Do you mean voting people out in 2010?

Or do you mean selective assassinations?

I'm hoping that you are referring to the former.

Im thinking he is refering to the latter.

if that is true robert....if im happy smoking some weed,why cant i do it LEGALLY here in "liberal land"?....why will they still say no?....why cant i grow a little?...where is MY LIBERTY and my PURSUIT of HAPPINESS?.....wanna know why Robert?.....BECAUSE Dems and Repubs...can care less about your life, liberty, and the pursuit of your happiness....they sure talk the talk though dont they.....

Well we're not in Liberal Land by any means. Of course the two major political parties talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Which is why I'm an Independent but am clear about the fact I am a Liberal.

Both major political parties have become more Conservative as time goes on. The Democrats for the most part are Moderate Left at best and as Bill Maher put it, the Republicans have gone so far right they're in a mental hospital.

barack_obama00001.jpg

"Americans... still believe in an America where anything's possible - they just don't think their leaders do."
President Barack Obama​

Last edited:

Well we're not in Liberal Land by any means. Of course the two major political parties talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Which is why I'm an Independent but am clear about the fact I am a Liberal.

Both major political parties have become more Conservative as time goes on. The Democrats for the most part are Moderate Left at best and as Bill Maher put it, the Republicans have gone so far right they're in a mental hospital.

we are not in "LIBERAL LAND?"....boy they got you fooled....

The babbaling on this board about an armed revolution are people that are considering imposing their minority, very minority, on the majority by force of arms. The very rhetoric they use brands them as failing to understand the ideals upon which this nation is founded.

You have it completely backward. This nation was founded on the idea that you could BREAK OFF THROUGH FORCE OF ARMS from the "mother" nation. I can assure you that the founding fathers were a minority. Smart, brave leaders usually are.

Using guns and revolutions to accomplish what a political faction decides is best for the country literally went out with cannon balls and high button shoes. You may want to go the way of banana republics to overturn your adversaries, but thinking Americans prefer to move forward, not backward.

No offense, but youre incredibly naive if you think we dont live in a world governed by the aggressive use of force.

The fact that a nation such as the United States exists and has been stable for so long without conflict is a miracle. 140 years and counting. It's a modern miracle.

Strip away the protections guarenteed in the Constitution, and you will see the natural world. And believe me, the natural world is a harsh and cruel world to those who arent pampered like we are.

We are a very spoiled people. You think we can only progress forward. But its not true. And that's exactly why Obama worries me. Because he is so quick to change the system without asking what the consequences, particularly the unintended ones will be. You think the fall of Rome lead to the dark ages, you havent seen nothing yet.

Of course, I have great hope in what follows those dark periods. But I dont enjoy the thought of going through them.

Forum List

Back