Will we have a repeat of the 2010 Congressional Elections due to TAXES and Obamacare?

Liberals know this is a problem but need to deny so they feel better about themselves.

.....i.e.....you're MUCH-too-young to recognize the (present-day) parallels to.....

...1996!!!!!!

"Though the White House and national media have been trumpeting the economy's "unexpectedly strong" (as The Washington Post put it) 2.8 percent first-quarter gain, this is modest growth by normal standards -- and voters remain uneasy."

825.gif
825.gif
825.gif

web-Bill-Clinton-2.jpg

"It is not best to swap horses while crossing the river." - Abraham Lincoln

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Last edited:
I don't know if we will have a repeat of 2010, But there is absolutely no Denying the Anger over Obama care, and this Ruling as well. So it is Certainly Bound to Fire up the GOP base, and Push Independents who don't like the Bill toward Romney.

I don't know if we will have a repeat of 2010, But there is absolutely no Denying the Anger over Obama care, and this Ruling as well. So it is Certainly Bound to Fire up the GOP base, and Push Independents who don't like the Bill toward Romney.

Not to mention Obama;s ridiculous reaction to the outcome. "It is NOT a tax!" (But we will take the ruling....) Go figure....:confused:

Elections to the United States Senate are to be held on November 6, 2012, with 33 of the 100 seats in the Senate being contested in regular elections whose winners will serve six-year terms from January 3, 2013 until January 3, 2019. Additionally, special elections may be held to fill vacancies that occur during the 112th United States Congress.

Currently, Democrats are expected to have 23 seats up for election, including 2 independents who caucus with the Democrats, while Republicans are expected to have only 10 seats up for election.

Will we have repeat of 2010 Congressional Election? Will the economy, the deficit, TAXES and the repeal OBAMACARE be target issues this November?
probably not....

from what i saw after 2010, dems said they wouldn't let it happen again...they WILL go out and vote in 2012....especially now that the republicans have chosen Affordable Care Act to be the main issue!

Me thinks the turn out will be big on both sides of the aisle!

Last edited:

Not to mention Obama;s ridiculous reaction to the outcome. "It is NOT a tax!" (But we will take the ruling....) Go figure....:confused:

Yes I can't wait for the Debates. Watching him and Romney go back and forth.

Romney "It's a Tax"

Obama "No it's a Fine"

Romney "but The Supreme Court says you Do not have the Power to do it, Under the Commerce Clause and only through Taxation, and therefore must be defined as a tax"

Obama "I don't care what the Supreme Court says, It's a Fine"

yeah that ought to go over well.

:)

Last edited:

Romney "It's a Tax"

Obama "No it's a Fine"

Romney "but The Supreme Court says you only have the Power to do it, Under the Commerce Clause and only through Taxation, and therefore must be defined as a tax"

if it is a tax penalty for obama's mandate penalty,

then that means it is also a mandate tax penalty, instituted by Romney's signature on Romneycare in massachusetts...

sooooo, I don't truly see Romney wanting to debate that with Obama....ya know?

I think Romney will try to avoid the whole topic of tax penalty or just penalty, cuz either way....romney supported a mandate, said it was people having to own up to their own responsibility, and also said the health care reform would NOT WORK without it....

Romney "It's a Tax"

Obama "No it's a Fine"

Romney "but The Supreme Court says you only have the Power to do it, Under the Commerce Clause and only through Taxation, and therefore must be defined as a tax"

:clap2: Yes, I can see that now! Obama's logic...The gift that keeps on giving.

Romney "It's a Tax"

Obama "No it's a Fine"

then that means it is also a mandate tax penalty, instituted by Romney's signature on Romneycare in massachusetts...

I think Romney will try to avoid the whole topic of tax penalty or just penalty, cuz either way....romney supported a mandate, said it was people having to own up to their own responsibility, and also said the health care reform would NOT WORK without it....

there are 22 taxes increased embedded in the 2700 page bill, so yeah Romney will want to talk about that. and about how 70% of the American people didn't and don't want this shit and about how it was crammed down our throats anyway.

Romney "It's a Tax"

Obama "No it's a Fine"

You are drinking his Koolaid, lol! Stop with the "penalty." That was declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL, remember?

All I need to know about Obamacare is that the Democrats passed it without one republican vote and they did it by backroom deals where they had to make promises and concessions to their own people.

"You have to pass it to see what's in it." Really? Crap bill, no need to read it, Next vote please..

Romney "It's a Tax"

Obama "No it's a Fine"

I don't see how he Can Avoid it. Even if it Hurts Romney it Hurts Obama Much more. Obama is the one who for 2 years know has consistently said it was not a tax, and Obama is the one now who is not even willing to Admit it is a Tax after the Supreme Court Ruled it MUST BE.

No sorry, They will bring it up, and Obama will have to explain his Position that it's not a Tax, when it Clearly Legally Has to be to be Legal. He will also have to explain all the other taxes in the Bill, Like the Premium Tax on Better Polices, That MANY in the Middle class have.

If they Avoid this Issue, the are idiots and are going to lose. This issue is Tied to the Economy, The New Taxes and Mandates in the Bill are and will continue to Hurt our Economy. Romney can't try and Focus on the Economy and Ignore the Health Care law because it's Part of the Problem in the eyes of Many people.

Last edited:

Romney "It's a Tax"

Obama "No it's a Fine"

I don't see how he Can Avoid it. Even if it Hurts Romney it Hurts Obama Much more. Obama is the one who for 2 years know has consistently said it was not a tax, and Obama is the one now who is not even willing to Admit it is a Tax after the Supreme Court Ruled it MUST BE.

No sorry, They will bring it up, and Obama will have to explain his Position that it's not a Tax, when it Clearly Legally Has to be to be Legal. He will also have to explain all the other taxes in the Bill, Like the Premium Tax on Better Polices, That MANY in the Middle class have.

If they Avoid this Issue, the are idiots and are going to lose. This issue is Tied to the Economy, The New Taxes and Mandates in the Bill are and will continue to Hurt our Economy. Romney can't try and Focus on the Economy and Ignore the Health Care law because it's Part of the Problem in the eyes of Many people.
he'll compromise, call it a ''tax penalty, or penalty tax'' by then and it'll be a non issue...

he'll explain it as i have in another post...

if you choose to not pay your taxes due on time, you are charged a penalty/a tax penalty, that is added to your taxes due already....

as your neighbor, i do not have to pay this tax penalty that you had to pay, because i followed the rules and regs. So, it is NOT a tax on me, or anyone, it is a tax penalty that someone like you in my example, would receive for choosing to not follow the rules....of paying your taxes when they are due.

The same for the mandate on health insurance imho.

Romney "It's a Tax"

Obama "No it's a Fine"

there are 22 taxes increased embedded in the 2700 page bill, so yeah Romney will want to talk about that. and about how 70% of the American people didn't and don't want this shit and about how it was crammed down our throats anyway.
That's old news....nothing was hidden on them, they were all mentioned when the Affordable Care Act was passed...hashed and rehashed by you all on the right....or did you forget that you have already whined and tantrum-ed on those taxes a few years ago?

Last edited:

That's old news....nothing was hidden on them, they were all mentioned when the Affordable Care Act was passed...hashed and rehashed by you all on the right....or did you forget that you have already whined and tantrum-ed on those taxes a few years ago?

but obama lied and said it wasn't a tax.. so I'll just keep repeating his lies if it's all the same to ewe.

even the Cato institute, back in 2008, labeled the mandate tax assessment on romneycare was a "penalty".

Perhaps the most publicized aspect of the Massachusetts reform is its mandate that every resident have health insurance, whether provided by an employer or the government or purchased individually. "I like mandates," Romney said during a debate in New Hampshire. "The mandate works."

But did it? Technically the last day to sign up for insurance in compliance with that mandate was November 15, though as a practical measure Massachusetts residents actually had until January 1, 2008. Those without insurance as of that date will lose their personal exemption for the state income tax when they file this spring. In 2009, the penalty will increase to 50 percent of the cost of a standard insurance policy.
Lessons from the Fall of RomneyCare

You're digging yourself indeeper, Care4

That's old news....nothing was hidden on them, they were all mentioned when the Affordable Care Act was passed

Pelosi so famously said, "You'll have to pass the bill to see what in it!"

Old but pertinent news, my dear.

Romney "It's a Tax"

Obama "No it's a Fine"

Good post! Had to bold the new taxes.

but obama lied and said it wasn't a tax.. so I'll just keep repeating his lies if it's all the same to ewe.
but what is the difference willow? the penalty is THE SAME for the mandate, only now you can call it a tax penalty....big deal...nothing has changed what so ever...the mandate is constitutional, and if you break the rules of the mandate, you still have to pay a penalty, to the IRS....that was ALL in the original bill....it was always the IRS.

People aren't stupid, a tax or a penalty, or a penalty tax, or a tax penalty....people who do not have insurance who can afford it, will have to pay it. The result is the same...the penalty money always went to the gvt....

It's a non-issue trying to be made an issue....

those that were fine with the mandate before this ruling, will be fine with the mandate now, regardless of what you decide to call the mandate penalty.

Those that were against the mandate before this ruling, are still against it, regardless of CJ roberts declaration.

Forum List

Back