Will Trump declare a Federal State of Emergency to build The Wall?

Could Trump declare a State of Emergency and order the US military to build The Wall?

• Total voters
The declaration will be his pass to enact martial law and round up all the dissenters and put them in cages.

This is just another example of Trump not knowing the limits of the presidency, and not being curious enough to find out.

Well obamaturd said he did not have the constitutional right to grant dreamers amnesty but he did it anyway! He wore out his fucking pen and phone si I have no problem with Trump doing the same!

He wont.
Buuut if he did, it would probably be ok if he went after ALL illegals and not just the ones from the south.
Kinda scary

Trump is toying with the idea of declaring a State of Emergency in order to build The Wall?

Can he get away with it?

If "yes", he may just have found the club he needs, to beat-on the Dems, on this issue.

Reaction?

Trump says he has considered national emergency powers to build wall - CNNPolitics

Drama queen.
He's a fucking drama queen.
And he's desperate.

"Emergency means any occasion or instance for which, in the determination of the President, Federal assistance is needed to supplement State and local efforts and capabilities to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in any part of the United States.

"Major disaster means any natural catastrophe (including any hurricane, tornado, storm, high water, wind-driven water, tidal wave, tsunami, earthquake, volcanic eruption, landslide, mudslide, snowstorm, or drought), or, regardless of cause, any fire, flood, or explosion, in any part of the United States, which in the determination of the President causes damage of sufficient severity and magnitude to warrant major disaster assistance under this chapter to supplement the efforts and available resources of States, local governments, and disaster relief organizations in alleviating the damage, loss, hardship, or suffering caused thereby."

National Emergency Definition

Trump is toying with the idea of declaring a State of Emergency in order to build The Wall?

Can he get away with it?

If "yes", he may just have found the club he needs, to beat-on the Dems, on this issue.

Reaction?

Trump says he has considered national emergency powers to build wall - CNNPolitics

Trump is all talk and no balls. There is no way in hell he will do this.

Itty bitty balls that Nancy Pelosi is now carrying around in her handbag.

I've never seen a bigger pile of shit in a 2-piece suit and red tie than Trump.

Never.

I don't know if he will or not, but if they won't fund it, I think he should. It's not only the right thing to do, but, politically it will place the Democrats in a horrible spot. How do you tell the country, you want to send dozens of billions of dollars to foreign nations in the form of aid, but, you have little interest in a permanent and much needed border wall?

People are dying, people are O.D'ing, young people in particular are losing out on entry level job opportunities, potential voter fraud. The Whole Nine. The argument that "walls don't work" and "that's now who we are" is such a weak position that I dare say it HARMS Democrat prospects in 2020, especially when many of them voted for walls in the past.

I think this is a National Emergency, and it wasn't until 2015 when many Americans on Conservative websites were giving the numbers on illegal immigrants and I heard how passionate they were regarding a wall, that I started to understand and feel empathy for those defending your border.

Honestly, Trumps campaign shed light on so many issues I never knew Americans faced. Now the whole world knows, and this is why he has much more support from every day citizens around the world than people give him credit for. I suggest that informed people with an understanding of history and todays geopolitical realities, know what the world would look like if America fails.

Build the wall, protect your citizens and economy. Period.

This is just another example of Trump not knowing the limits of the presidency, and not being curious enough to find out.
Does the Constitution give the President wide discretion in declaring a State of Emergency, either nationwide or more narrowly?

Does the Constitution give the President the authority to direct the US military to build defenses in time of National Emergency?

Does the Constitution give the President the authority to spend funds to build defenses in time of National Emergency?

I suggest you take a closer look at the powers of a US President with respect to declared Emergencies.

Can he get away with it?

Reaction?

Presidents are defined by a moment in time. FDR with his infamy speech, Truman on dropping the bomb, Ronald Reagan on taking down a wall. If Trump builds the wall on his own, he stands with those men who measured the pulse of the nation and went forward with their best instincts. This is truly Trump's moment.

Forum List

Back