Will Todd Akin cost the GOP a chance to repeal Obongocare?

If you wasn't going to vote for mccaskill before, tell me what exactly has changed? This coming election has little to do with who is running. It has a lot to go with removing the idiots that got this country in its current mess. McCaskills record or what she did speaks much louder then the words of the guy running against her (he did apologize)

I, today, don't see a way for McCaskill to win ... To me, this is democrats grasping at anything that they think will give them hope

They can hope all they want, most people all ready know who they are voting for, baring police booking photos, that's not going to change
I'm a republican and I don't see how I can vote for Akin now. It's a very difficult spot he has put me in. He was always known for incendiary comments but now he's also tagged with selfishness and don't even get me started on the god stuff. I usually don't care about someone's religious beliefs but he is using them as his only excuse to continue when everything and everyone else is telling him to get lost.

Very tough situation indeed

IF Akin is only speaking out loud the GOP's position on reproductive rights, why is "everything and everyone else telling him to get lost"? Hell, every bill having to do with rape introduced by Paul Ryan in his 12 years was co-written by Todd Akin. Why would Ryan now try to distance himself from him?

The rape comments were so far out of bounds. We don't need loons representing us. It's like the guy who thought Guam might tip over. Do you really want someone like that representing you?

As for Ryan's opinion you'll have to ask him. I'm not a mind reader

We all know the only real chance of ridding the country of a European healthcare system is to have 51 votes in the Senate.
Up until this week we were being practically handed Claire McCaskill's seat due to her ineptness and unpopularity.

Enter the oaf known as Todd Akin, and thanks to this selfish moron it's now doubtful we'll have any decent chance of taking the seat.

It will now be that much harder to gain the 51st seat, not only because of this particular race, but this idiot has now given the Dems an issue they can exploit that could have far reaching consequences well beyond the borders of Missouri.

Romney isn't going to win so it's a moot point. He may have cost the GOP a majority number in the Senate though.

As if local polls are much more scientific than national polls. I guess the long distance phone calls result in some distortion as to where the person taking down the information can't hear the goober on the other end. Grumps is all over the map on this as with all matters.

Watch, in a couple of weeks, he'll show disdain for the level of discourse forgetting that he called a woman a "slut" last night.

We all know the only real chance of ridding the country of a European healthcare system is to have 51 votes in the Senate.
Up until this week we were being practically handed Claire McCaskill's seat due to her ineptness and unpopularity.

Enter the oaf known as Todd Akin, and thanks to this selfish moron it's now doubtful we'll have any decent chance of taking the seat.

It will now be that much harder to gain the 51st seat, not only because of this particular race, but this idiot has now given the Dems an issue they can exploit that could have far reaching consequences well beyond the borders of Missouri.

The Republicans have no intention of repealing Obamacare, you fool.

Teddy/Romneycare has proved a huge cost saving success, would save Medicare/aid, and the country. You are totally duped by greedy rich/corps/Big Health...

I'm a republican and I don't see how I can vote for Akin now. It's a very difficult spot he has put me in. He was always known for incendiary comments but now he's also tagged with selfishness and don't even get me started on the god stuff. I usually don't care about someone's religious beliefs but he is using them as his only excuse to continue when everything and everyone else is telling him to get lost.

Very tough situation indeed

IF Akin is only speaking out loud the GOP's position on reproductive rights, why is "everything and everyone else telling him to get lost"? Hell, every bill having to do with rape introduced by Paul Ryan in his 12 years was co-written by Todd Akin. Why would Ryan now try to distance himself from him?

The rape comments were so far out of bounds. We don't need loons representing us. It's like the guy who thought Guam might tip over. Do you really want someone like that representing you?

Even if his comments were offensive, the root problem as I see it is that both he and the GOP VP Paul Ryan STILL want to deny women the right to abort a pregnancy resulting from a rape, whether that rape was "legitimate" or not...

Even if his comments were offensive, the root problem as I see it is that both he and the GOP VP Paul Ryan STILL want to deny women the right to abort a pregnancy resulting from a rape, whether that rape was "legitimate" or not...

Call me selfish but that's just not an issue I give a rat's ass about. To error on the side of life is fine by me. No one is forced to raise a child they don't want. I get that it may be hard or traumatic for someone who is rapped but it's just not a front burner issue for me. The economy is.

Call me selfish but that's just not an issue I give a rat's ass about. To error on the side of life is fine by me. No one is forced to raise a child they don't want. I get that it may be hard or traumatic for someone who is rapped but it's just not a front burner issue for me. The economy is.

REALLY? So, then if Romney/Ryan win in the fall, and repeal Roe V. Wade and force all women to carry these pregnancies to term, who is responsible for caring for the "unwanted child"? Is that NOT a problem for our economy?

REALLY? So, then if Romney/Ryan win in the fall, and repeal Roe V. Wade and force all women to carry these pregnancies to term, who is responsible for caring for the "unwanted child"? Is that NOT a problem for our economy?

Putting cash ahead of life is pretty sad. Thousands and thousands of people are forced to adopt from overseas currently. Were adoption made less difficult then I suspect others would as well. I know I would. So tell me what is the dollar value of a human life? At what point does money become more important than life?

Putting cash ahead of life is pretty sad. Thousands and thousands of people are forced to adopt from overseas currently. Were adoption made less difficult then I suspect others would as well. I know I would. So tell me what is the dollar value of a human life? At what point does money become more important than life?

Since you are a GOP supporter, why don't you tell me? Your party is the one who fought against healtchare benefits for children when Bush was in office, and now want to repeal healthcare legislation designed to give more people access.

Since you are a GOP supporter, why don't you tell me? Your party is the one who fought against healtchare benefits for children when Bush was in office, and now want to repeal healthcare legislation designed to give more people access.

I'm not going to argue Bushs presidency with you. The man spent like a lib.

I'm not going to argue Bushs presidency with you. The man spent like a lib.

The same GOP policies of wanting to deny healthcare for the poor (children are poor too, you know), are still in place and Romney/Ryan are carrying them forward, so Bush is not part of the discussion.

New Topics

Forum List

Back