Will Todd Akin cost the GOP a chance to repeal Obongocare?

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012
We all know the only real chance of ridding the country of a European healthcare system is to have 51 votes in the Senate.
Up until this week we were being practically handed Claire McCaskill's seat due to her ineptness and unpopularity.

Enter the oaf known as Todd Akin, and thanks to this selfish moron it's now doubtful we'll have any decent chance of taking the seat.

It will now be that much harder to gain the 51st seat, not only because of this particular race, but this idiot has now given the Dems an issue they can exploit that could have far reaching consequences well beyond the borders of Missouri.

Last edited:
If you wasn't going to vote for mccaskill before, tell me what exactly has changed? This coming election has little to do with who is running. It has a lot to go with removing the idiots that got this country in its current mess. McCaskills record or what she did speaks much louder then the words of the guy running against her (he did apologize)

I, today, don't see a way for McCaskill to win ... To me, this is democrats grasping at anything that they think will give them hope

They can hope all they want, most people all ready know who they are voting for, baring police booking photos, that's not going to change

It will now be that much harder to gain the 51st seat ...

with ~ 3 months left till the elections there is plenty of time for Akin or McCaskill to rebound or sink lower ...

the chances for the Rs to win the Senate is still theirs for the taking.

will they come up short? - doubtful but that still will not end ACA without defeating Obama and also, reconciliation is a budgetary maneuver that may not work to defeat the HealthCare law either.

good luck on ACA (making it better) because it is here to stay whether rightwingers like it or not.

If you wasn't going to vote for mccaskill before, tell me what exactly has changed? This coming election has little to do with who is running. It has a lot to go with removing the idiots that got this country in its current mess. McCaskills record or what she did speaks much louder then the words of the guy running against her (he did apologize)

I, today, don't see a way for McCaskill to win ... To me, this is democrats grasping at anything that they think will give them hope

They can hope all they want, most people all ready know who they are voting for, baring police booking photos, that's not going to change

Why is Aiken still ahead! This should have sunk his chances and it hasn't.

Either people agree with him, or no one cares what he thinks about abortion.

I'm a republican and I don't see how I can vote for Akin now. It's a very difficult spot he has put me in. He was always known for incendiary comments but now he's also tagged with selfishness and don't even get me started on the god stuff. I usually don't care about someone's religious beliefs but he is using them as his only excuse to continue when everything and everyone else is telling him to get lost.

Very tough situation indeed

I find it sad for the people the republicans throw under the bus after they do not want them anymore. Comes to mind: Bush, Palin
Although I forgot Reagan raised from the dead for them.

If democrats can vote for a convicted felon to get rid of a democrat, then they will vote for Aiken as well as republicans who want to get the democrat out of office.

What makes you think he is still ahead?

I'm a republican and I don't see how I can vote for Akin now. It's a very difficult spot he has put me in. He was always known for incendiary comments but now he's also tagged with selfishness and don't even get me started on the god stuff. I usually don't care about someone's religious beliefs but he is using them as his only excuse to continue when everything and everyone else is telling him to get lost.

Very tough situation indeed

IF Akin is only speaking out loud the GOP's position on reproductive rights, why is "everything and everyone else telling him to get lost"? Hell, every bill having to do with rape introduced by Paul Ryan in his 12 years was co-written by Todd Akin. Why would Ryan now try to distance himself from him?

Last edited:

What makes you think he is still ahead?

Daily Kos: New PPP flash poll finds Todd Akin's standing virtually unchanged

Forum List

Back