Will there be an assassination attempt on Bush?

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
With all this talk about Bush hatred and the increased violence against people for merely supporting Bush, the thought occurred to me....if Bush wins the election; will he be the target of an attempt on his life?

People that would like to see Bush dead......

1. Left wing extremists that operate at the fringes of the Democratic National Party or are members of even more radical political groups.

2. Terrorists - given Bush's successful war on terrorism, he is a prime target.

3. Agents of Middle Eastern or North Korean governments - in order to stop his efforts to stop their support terrorism and development of WMDs

4. The United Nations - an extreme scenario, but after the "oil for food" fiasco.. how unbelievable would it be to see UN bureaucrats put on contract out on Bush?

5. Agents from European countries e.g. France, Russia or Germany - he spoiled their "arrangements" with Saddam, he is against them politically

Also, since Lincoln, every twenty years, the president has either died in office, been assassinated or has had an attempt made on their life.
Lincoln - 1860 (assassinated)
Garfield - 1880 (assassinated)
McKinley - 1900 (assassinated)
Harding - 1920 (natural causes)
FDR - 1940 (natural causes)
JFK - 1960 (assassinated)
Reagan - 1980 (assassination attempt)

KarlMarx said:
if Bush wins the election; will he be the target of an attempt on his life?
This thought has crossed my mind, and it's scared the hell out of me!!

Personally, I don't think so.

Consider this - a leftist nut comtemplating an attack on the President would have to conclude that the result of his actions would be to promote Dick Cheney into that office.

Now the left hates George Bush, but they live in abject terror of Dick Cheney.

Merlin1047 said:
Consider this - a leftist nut comtemplating an attack on the President would have to conclude that the result of his actions would be to promote Dick Cheney into that office.
Now, do you really think that someone as hate filled and looney as someone who would want to wish Bush dead would think about this?

UsaPride said:
Now, do you really think that someone as hate filled and looney as someone who would want to wish Bush dead would think about this?

Hard to say what they think about. In order to understand the liberal thought process (oxymoron?), one has to be just as looney as they.

I'm not supporting assasination, violence or murder in anyway, but I am surprised there hasn't been. With an ever polarized country, whoever is in charge will have a lot of enemies. Plus dispite what you think of his policies, Bush has made many enemies by going after terrorists.

MrMarbles said:
I'm not supporting assasination, violence or murder in anyway, but I am surprised there hasn't been. With an ever polarized country, whoever is in charge will have a lot of enemies. Plus dispite what you think of his policies, Bush has made many enemies by going after terrorists.

I guess if you have to have enemies, they might as well be the guys who are trying to kill you anyway.

Ive actually heard rumors that an assasination attempt has already been made and failed. Apparently during one of the terror level elavations there was an attempt but the plot was foiled...like i said a rumor though.

MrMarbles said:

Thank God the Liberals in this country are outnumbered 3:1.

Merlin1047 said:
Hard to say what they think about. In order to understand the liberal thought process (oxymoron?), one has to be just as looney as they.
Exactly! So, you never know. There just may be one (probably more) that would go to the extreme of trying to kill him without thinking of the fact that Cheney would take over. See, this scares me (Not Cheney taking over but someone trying to kill Bush)!

Forum List

Back