Will the World Like the US Better Under Obama?

Who says I want them knocking on my door.

As for not caring why they don't like you, that's the exact answer I'd expect from a right-wing conservative...

Well your not welcoming them is not expected, not after all of your posts. Why I don't care what 'the world' thinks of the US, because our world is not their's. Their's may be ours, but not vice versa.

See, with you right wing Yanks it's always about you thinking I'm trying to outscore you in the "more" dept. No Kathi, I'm not saying we have more immigrants, but we do have a lot of people knocking on our door.

Well bully for you. Maybe I'll try and get all of San Francisco to move down there. We don't want them here anyway.

As for wannabe countries telling the US what to do, why do you think so many people outside your borders don't like the US?

Because we can do what we want, when we want, and all you can do is whine about it. It's an envy thing.

What are we telling New Zealand to do these days ?

Not a lot, but then again, most NZers like the US...We are not your problem...You do have a spy base at Waihopi, which is not too popular, but outsida that, it's more how your economy impacts on us. That's about the only negative thing, which isn't your everyday American's problem. Santions on Cuba, hassling N Korea and Iran, arming South American dictators, or arming rebels, they're the kind of things that annoy folks. Having airbases in despotic countries doesn't help your cause either...that's the problem...

Not a lot, but then again, most NZers like the US...We are not your problem...You do have a spy base at Waihopi, which is not too popular, but outsida that, it's more how your economy impacts on us. That's about the only negative thing, which isn't your everyday American's problem. Santions on Cuba, hassling N Korea and Iran, arming South American dictators, or arming rebels, they're the kind of things that annoy folks. Having airbases in despotic countries doesn't help your cause either...that's the problem...

Could it possibly be we are acting in our own self-interest?

Heaven forbid we do that. We are only supposed to act in the world's best interest. This allows the rest of the world the freedom to act for its self, which France, Germany, Russia and others have been very good at (Can anyone say Food For Oil????).

Yep, and I think that is a fair point. However, you don't have to all the time and piss others off. As I have stated before, NZ could easily piss on Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, Kirabati, and any number of other Pacific Islands in our sphere of influence. We don't. We generally stay out of their affairs.

What is also interesting, is sometimes your "self-interest" angle wears thin or is not even a point. Sometimes you like weaving a big stick just because you can. In the same breath you tell the world you are "the best country in the world", "most democratic" yadda, yadda, yadda, then do shit like covertly help overthrow a democratically elected govt (like Allende's Chile), which leaves the rest of us scratching ours heads going "WTF"? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to take the high ground and just butt out?

Yep, and I think that is a fair point. However, you don't have to all the time and piss others off. As I have stated before, NZ could easily piss on Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, Kirabati, and any number of other Pacific Islands in our sphere of influence. We don't. We generally stay out of their affairs.

What is also interesting, is sometimes your "self-interest" angle wears thin or is not even a point. Sometimes you like weaving a big stick just because you can. In the same breath you tell the world you are "the best country in the world", "most democratic" yadda, yadda, yadda, then do shit like covertly help overthrow a democratically elected govt (like Allende's Chile), which leaves the rest of us scratching ours heads going "WTF"? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to take the high ground and just butt out?

Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury, though many of us wish we would. Ask Pat Buchanan or Ron Paul. Is that what you really want?

So WTF if the US helped Chileans overthrow Allende...a Cuban-styled communist dictator who was unconstitutionally seizing farms and private enterprises and bringing the country to its knees with the aid of the Soviet KGB...

Just so ya know….we're NOT in a popularity contest…even if YOU think you are.…WE DON'T CARE what you think about us…

Oh, and next time there's another major earthquake/tsunami in your neck of the world, how 'bout you New Zealanders take care of it all by yourselves? That way we won't be "interfering"….

NZ spent a whole usd 7.2 million for tsunami aid…..how 'bout next time we just KEEP the usd 350 million that WE spent? And that's NOT counting the usage of our military equipment, troops, and disaster supplies…plus millions more from donations from non-governmental private organizations….from all of us so-called "uncaring" Americans…

….take your mean-spirited anti-American accusations and shove them where the sun don't shine…

Last edited:
So WTF if the US helped Chileans overthrow Allende...a Cuban-styled communist dictator who was unconstitutionally seizing farms and private enterprises and bringing the country to its knees with the aid of the Soviet KGB...

Just so ya know….we're NOT in a popularity contest…even if YOU think you are.…WE DON'T CARE what you think about us…

Oh, and next time there's another major earthquake/tsunami in your neck of the world, how 'bout you New Zealanders take care of it all by yourselves? That way we won't be "interfering"….

NZ spent a whole usd 7.2 million for tsunami aid…..how 'bout next time we just KEEP the usd 350 million that WE spent? And that's NOT counting the usage of our military equipment, troops, and disaster supplies…plus millions more from donations from non-governmental private organizations….from all of us so-called "uncaring" Americans…

….take your mean-spirited anti-American accusations and shove them where the sun don't shine…

Where has he posted "mean-spirited anti-American accusations"?

Allende was democratically elected. What he did after that is up to the Chilean people to sort out, not the US. None of your business. I mean, Pinochet was just soooo much better. Again, that attitude is why people don't like you. You justify your interferring with other countries under the guise of helping out. How benevolent of you...And who says the KGB was helping him - is that the excuse you use to justify your interference? You believe neocon propaganda. Bit like Iraq - do the deed then make up excuses and reasons after the fact. Always the right-wingers who do that shit...when was Allende again?? Oh, that's right, during the Nixon admin - what party was he with again??

There are 4 million NZs and 300 million Americans. Who gave more per head of population? Need a calculator Cletus? You being a typical ego-centric American who thinks they are the only ones who send aid and solve all the world's ills?

As I said in the outset, just because the US does good, doesn't mean you get a free pass when you fuck up. Giving with one hand, doesn't give you the right to take with the other you bible-thumping, self-rightious loser.

Feel free to get to get your own economy that ISN'T dependent on what the US does.

The beginning of the end for us is when we started basing our decisions on what is best for the US on some other nations' opinions; which, are every bit as self-serving as they accuse us of being.

Attacking the US for serving its own interest with one hand firmly in the cookie jar amounts to nothing but the basest and most obvious sleight of hand.

But about 40% of our own population buys the shit.:wtf:

The beginning of the end for us is when we started basing our decisions on what is best for the US on some other nations' opinions; which, are every bit as self-serving as they accuse us of being.

Attacking the US for serving its own interest with one hand firmly in the cookie jar amounts to nothing but the basest and most obvious sleight of hand.

But about 40% of our own population buys the shit.:wtf:

Think its time to send 40% of our population to some place like China, Russia, or France and see how much they like the US then.

I hear some of y'all voicing your isolationist views, in not as many words but between the lines. Do any of you know what would happen if we just said screw it, we're not intervening anymore, we're gonna close our eyes to the world? Seriously?

I hear some of y'all voicing your isolationist views, in not as many words but between the lines. Do any of you know what would happen if we just said screw it, we're not intervening anymore, we're gonna close our eyes to the world? Seriously?

You have a point here, I assume?

There's a difference between isolationism and putting all "world opinion" based on others' self interrests ahead of our own.

Why SHOULD we just give shit away free and ask nothing in return when those goods and money could be better put to use within our own borders?

The "rest of the world" has all the answers so let the "rest of the world" carry its weak and selectively support democracy.

We can't even guard our own damned fence.

Forum List

Back