Will the Republicans try to defund Obamacare?

I really doubt they would at this point.

Too many people have realized it works for them.

I don't understand...In norther Mizzouri they don't want to use I.D's, in the southern part, you have to show I.D.'s or voter registration cards mailed out. and I have had to do the I.D. think in Texass, Oklahoma, Virginia, Alabama...and I will admit in Arkanass....

More deregulation so the finance industry can scam(skin) us alive again..

Regulation is how they skin us.
certain regulations, yes, but not all. Some are decent and well meaning. But yes this administration along with Bush's seem to have taken the path to increased administrative legislation and overreach of authority..which filtered down to state and local level.

First, let's clarify what is meant by 'regulation'. How does it different from an ordinary law? I'd argue the regulations are those laws that enforce conformity for convenience sake. Most of us arguing against regulation aren't suggesting 'anything goes'. It's the responsibility of government to prosecute and convict anyone guilty of theft, fraud, extortion, or otherwise violating the rights of others.

As far as 'deregulation', I'm opposed to it as usually implemented. It's usually done piecemeal, and almost always as a favor to special interests. If we decide we're fed up with regulation in a given market or industry, we need to UNregulate - mean government simply gets out of the business of mandating arbitrary standards entirely and focuses instead on prosecuting those who harm others.

It will be a sight to see if they actually do, but they better have a plan in place, better than screw U legislation...
So you can dish out "screw you legislation", but you can't take it. You must be leftist trash.
Probably so...what are you?
I support socialized medical care, but the ACA is not that....

Of course they will spend most of their legislative effort to try to defund Obamacare. That is what they do

McConnell will have no more success moving bills to a vote in the Senate than Reid had. How long before he ends the filibuster?

Republicans do not need to do anything.

When Joe and Mary Workerbee find out that their "employer" is no longer footing the bill and they have to pony up the cash - Obamacare will crumble on its own.

Of course they will spend most of their legislative effort to try to defund Obamacare. That is what they do

McConnell will have no more success moving bills to a vote in the Senate than Reid had. How long before he ends the filibuster?
When a GOP president is elected.. Then the dems will do it..

Reid changed the rules. He'll now have to live under them.

Republicans do not need to do anything.

When Joe and Mary Workerbee find out that their "employer" is no longer footing the bill and they have to pony up the cash - Obamacare will crumble on its own.
The AcA is supported by big business, it allows them to throw off a benefit and the govt. covers it for them...

It will be a sight to see if they actually do, but they better have a plan in place, better than screw U legislation...
So you can dish out "screw you legislation", but you can't take it. You must be leftist trash.

I can smell your commie stench from here.

I can smell your commie stench from here.
th

If Republicans do get control of the Senate, while retaining control of the House, I don't think that they will try to remove Obama from office via the impeachment process, but they might try to end Obamacare. They might try to defund it by passing a government budget appropriations bill that Obama would be very reluctant to veto which provides no money to sustain its operation.

Don't fool yourself, Obama would veto it

And that is the problem for Republicans

Defunding Obamacare means taking healthcare away from people without anything ready to take its place

Even Republicans aren't dumb enough to actually do it. But it doesn't stop them from voting on it

Reid changed the rules. He'll now have to live under them.

The rules on confirming judges?

Forum List

Back