Will the Presidential election be a referendum on Trump vs. the Entrenched bureaucracy? I hope so, but I think not

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Just because the Dems don't have a plausible candidate to oppose Trump. Therefore the election might turn out to be just a statement of the obvious: that the Dems don't have a plausible candidate to oppose Trump.

What I'd like to see is that the Dems come up with another Obama or Clinton, or even a Jimmy Carter, i.e. a candidate with few widely known negatives, who is charismatic and on whom the media will be happy to heap the praise they normally provide any Democrat, but especially one opposing Trump. I don't want Trump to win and then hear people say "but look he was running against." I want Trump to beat a real candidate, like an Obama who put his ear to the ground and opposed same-sex marriage because that was the will of the voters.

If he runs against another geriatric Dem, or a young wokester, his victory will be a rejection of that, not a rejection of the abuses of the Deepstate.

But I don't think the Dems will bother finding that plausible candidate, and I don't think that their media will promote an obscure person to make them that charismatic figure. Why should they? The unfortunate (for the American people) lesson that the Dems learned in 2020 was that you can run an aging recluse with no new ideas and still win if you control the voting process,* rather than spending energy trying to sway legal voters.

*On a side note, that changing the voting rules operation was a classic cell-based, rather than top driven, action plan. Likely the DNC national organization never turned in a single harvested ballot, nor recruited a single multiple-precinct voter. Nor did they send letters urging activists to do so.

All they had to do was lobby state and local judges and executives to ignore the constitutional role of the state legislatures and create new rules to make cheating so incredibly - and obviously - easy that local community organizers could catch on to the idea and act without direct orders.

It will probably be rigged like the last one.

If they can push a turnip into the Oval Office with little to no civil uproar....they can literally do anything.

Covid lockdowns?

The masses are asses.

Well we have these things called primaries first and I don't think Trump has a lock on it.

I'd not vote for him in our primary if there are other viable choices to be had like DeSantis.

Consider this.....Take the TDS away and the dems have absolutely nothing, most of them would stay home or swing gop in a big way.

Trump is a easy sacrifice to make to gain the presidency for eight years plus. ;)

Well we have these things called primaries first and I don't think Trump has a lock on it.

I'd not vote for him in our primary if there are other viable choices to be had like DeSantis.

Consider this.....Take the TDS away and the dems have absolutely nothing, most of them would stay home or swing gop in a big way.

Trump is a easy sacrifice to make to gain the presidency for eight years plus. ;)
I see your strategy but it has a flaw. Dems won't give up TDS just because Trump loses a primary. If he would lose which is highly doubtful.

Suppose it's DeSantis. They will tar DeSantis with all the mud they threw at Trump, and a DeSantis ticket would give them their pretext to re-run all of their accusations against Trump which the media will assure us all are absolutely proven true.

The issue is more than your thread title suggests.
The issue is the growing divide in issues, values, ideology and agenda in the USA.
Trump was the figurehead and champion of one side of that divide.

Until Trump, the choices of the past few decades had been essentially "frat boys" of the same and self-appointed elite strata of our society. The inner "good ole guys(gals) club" of those whom went to the right "Ivy League" schools, the "right" cultural class, the "right" Country Clubs, the "right" social circles, etc.

When SHillary let out her Freudian Slip that Trump's supporters were "a basketful of Deplorables" she revealed a Truth regards the fraternity/cartel of USA society whom see themselves as the upper crust "Royalty" that has a "Right" to Rule over we peons.

The "deplorables" and "peons" whom supported and voted for Trump are the Blue Collar and working stiffs of the mid to lower "classes" in the USA. The people whom get dirt under their fingernails toiling, whom do the essential but "grunt" work that moves our Nation and sustains it.

Even though he may not be from the mid-lower classes of we Deplorables, he's the first to understand us, stand for us, and speak our language, since Ronald Reagan. RR by the way was another scourge of the elitists, Leftists, and "entitled ruling royalty" whom think they know what is best for we masses of "ignorant deplorables".

Trump was also the closest we've had to a true and real "Free Enterpriser" in decades running for and winning to POTUS and thus had resonance with those of use whom do real, wealth creating work in our society. He wasn't the flam-glam sham of most politicians, from either side and party, we've had in last decades.

The animosity towards Trump, from both the Regressive Left and the shallow RINOs, is based on his being a more authentic person than most of them are. Being a decision maker and doer whom gets things done. Someone whom didn't build his (political) career living off of OPM in form of the taxpayers. In fact, he's not a "career politician" or "Guv'mint hack". He is not the forked-tongue flim-flam hack we have in most politicians from either major party. Also, he got more done for the good of this Nation in his four years than anyone before him in recent decades.

Trump is the closest we've had to another "Ronald Reagan" and there lies another major factor the political users and abusers don't like him and oppose him ~ and also oppose and resent the large body of American Citizens he symbolically represents and stands for.

Desantis is just like Trump.

The issue is more than your thread title suggests.
The issue is the growing divide in issues, values, ideology and agenda in the USA.
Trump was the figurehead and champion of one side of that divide.

Until Trump, the choices of the past few decades had been essentially "frat boys" of the same and self-appointed elite strata of our society. The inner "good ole guys(gals) club" of those whom went to the right "Ivy League" schools, the "right" cultural class, the "right" Country Clubs, the "right" social circles, etc.

When SHillary let out her Freudian Slip that Trump's supporters were "a basketful of Deplorables" she revealed a Truth regards the fraternity/cartel of USA society whom see themselves as the upper crust "Royalty" that has a "Right" to Rule over we peons.

The "deplorables" and "peons" whom supported and voted for Trump are the Blue Collar and working stiffs of the mid to lower "classes" in the USA. The people whom get dirt under their fingernails toiling, whom do the essential but "grunt" work that moves our Nation and sustains it.

Even though he may not be from the mid-lower classes of we Deplorables, he's the first to understand us, stand for us, and speak our language, since Ronald Reagan. RR by the way was another scourge of the elitists, Leftists, and "entitled ruling royalty" whom think they know what is best for we masses of "ignorant deplorables".

Trump was also the closest we've had to a true and real "Free Enterpriser" in decades running for and winning to POTUS and thus had resonance with those of use whom do real, wealth creating work in our society. He wasn't the flam-glam sham of most politicians, from either side and party, we've had in last decades.

The animosity towards Trump, from both the Regressive Left and the shallow RINOs, is based on his being a more authentic person than most of them are. Being a decision maker and doer whom gets things done. Someone whom didn't build his (political) career living off of OPM in form of the taxpayers. In fact, he's not a "career politician" or "Guv'mint hack". He is not the forked-tongue flim-flam hack we have in most politicians from either major party. Also, he got more done for the good of this Nation in his four years than anyone before him in recent decades.

Trump is the closest we've had to another "Ronald Reagan" and there lies another major factor the political users and abusers don't like him and oppose him ~ and also oppose and resent the large body of American Citizens he symbolically represents and stands for.

Reagan would be disgusted by Trump.

Just because the Dems don't have a plausible candidate to oppose Trump. Therefore the election might turn out to be just a statement of the obvious: that the Dems don't have a plausible candidate to oppose Trump.

What I'd like to see is that the Dems come up with another Obama or Clinton, or even a Jimmy Carter, i.e. a candidate with few widely known negatives, who is charismatic and on whom the media will be happy to heap the praise they normally provide any Democrat, but especially one opposing Trump. I don't want Trump to win and then hear people say "but look he was running against." I want Trump to beat a real candidate, like an Obama who put his ear to the ground and opposed same-sex marriage because that was the will of the voters.

If he runs against another geriatric Dem, or a young wokester, his victory will be a rejection of that, not a rejection of the abuses of the Deepstate.

But I don't think the Dems will bother finding that plausible candidate, and I don't think that their media will promote an obscure person to make them that charismatic figure. Why should they? The unfortunate (for the American people) lesson that the Dems learned in 2020 was that you can run an aging recluse with no new ideas and still win if you control the voting process,* rather than spending energy trying to sway legal voters.

*On a side note, that changing the voting rules operation was a classic cell-based, rather than top driven, action plan. Likely the DNC national organization never turned in a single harvested ballot, nor recruited a single multiple-precinct voter. Nor did they send letters urging activists to do so.

All they had to do was lobby state and local judges and executives to ignore the constitutional role of the state legislatures and create new rules to make cheating so incredibly - and obviously - easy that local community organizers could catch on to the idea and act without direct orders.

1661695763747.jpeg

Forum List

Back