Will the left leaning supreme court come back to the center by voting

The SCOTUS voted in favor of gay rights, because gay rights are supported by the constitution.

Gay rights are a social issue; if you are trying to legislate morality, e.g. social issues, the SCOTUS should do it's job and vote in favor of personal liberties and against the government injecting itself into your bedrooms.

You can't but I will ask any way. Where in the Constitution is marriage mentioned?
Read the 9th Amendment.

Nothing in there covers marriage. What was originally said was that the COTUS grants the right of gay marriage. You have to admit that isn't so. The 9th amendment is clear, the Bill of Rights is not to limit rights just because there are not listed. BUT it does not thus grant rights because they are not listed. If marriage was a right, other then not being able to discriminate against due to race, color or creed, then it could never be denied.
The Supreme Court has already declared numerous times Marriage is a Right.

Tout Fini.

Marriage between a man an a woman of any race, and not numerous times.

against gay marriage? They already showed their liberal side by side with Obama on it being a tax. Will they make up for it by going the other way on Gay Marriage? Remember we live in a political age; however the Judicial Branch of the federal government is held by interpreting the constitution of the United states, which means they can't show biasedness one way or the other. They have become somewhat political, so the question is did they take this issue up to prove another point that has nothing to do with the issue at hand?

With support for same sex marriage now over 50%, it is no longer a 'liberal' position:

y0ffodnhgeejsgoevfw40w.png

Ok then, put it up for a vote and let the people decide.

against gay marriage? They already showed their liberal side by side with Obama on it being a tax. Will they make up for it by going the other way on Gay Marriage? Remember we live in a political age; however the Judicial Branch of the federal government is held by interpreting the constitution of the United states, which means they can't show biasedness one way or the other. They have become somewhat political, so the question is did they take this issue up to prove another point that has nothing to do with the issue at hand?

With support for same sex marriage now over 50%, it is no longer a 'liberal' position:

they don't want a vote because they know they would lose. Prop 8 in the very blue state of california proved that a majority of americans do not approve of state sanctioned gay marriage.

A state-wide vote would mobilize the Millennials into a frenzy to put down the political power of the far right social cons once and for all.

A state-wide vote would mobilize the Millennials into a frenzy to put down the political power of the far right social cons once and for all.

Ok, then lets do it. Let each state vote on a prop 8 type referendum. Let the will of the people control. OK?

Ok, then lets do it. Let each state vote on a prop 8 type referendum. Let the will of the people control. OK?

Of course it would crush your side, and so will the SCOTUS ruling when it is announced in June. No reason for a state by state vote because it is a constitutional issue, created by your side.

You are correct. They would rather make up things like it is in the COTUS and when it is pointed out that there is nothing in the COTUS about marriage period then all of a sudden it now becomes a right because, first they say so, and then because they post nice graphs supposidly showing support for gay marriage. Even more ludicrous is that they will then say that because of the 9th amendment and gay marriage not being listed as a right that automatically makes it a right. What perverse thinking considering that women had to get a COTUS amendment to get the right to vote, same with blacks.

Then they move onto the BS about the courts aready ruling that marriage is a right. In this they are somewhat right. The courts did rule such in Lovingly which was not a case of gay marriage at all but a case about marriage being a right between a MAN and a WOMAN.

But you know they are going to win it is only futile to try and stop the perversion of society. I think we need no go zones

Of course it would crush your side, and so will the SCOTUS ruling when it is announced in June. No reason for a state by state vote because it is a constitutional issue, created by your side.

Geez, give it a rest. There is no constitutional issue here. But if you think there is, please quote the language from the constitution where gay marriage is mentioned.

I know that you fear a vote of the people, because you know that your side would lose as it did twice in the very blue state of CA.

You are correct. They would rather make up things like it is in the COTUS and when it is pointed out that there is nothing in the COTUS about marriage period then all of a sudden it now becomes a right because, first they say so, and then because they post nice graphs supposidly showing support for gay marriage. Even more ludicrous is that they will then say that because of the 9th amendment and gay marriage not being listed as a right that automatically makes it a right. What perverse thinking considering that women had to get a COTUS amendment to get the right to vote, same with blacks.

Then they move onto the BS about the courts aready ruling that marriage is a right. In this they are somewhat right. The courts did rule such in Lovingly which was not a case of gay marriage at all but a case about marriage being a right between a MAN and a WOMAN.

But you know they are going to win it is only futile to try and stop the perversion of society. I think we need no go zones

sadly, you may be right, our society is going into the toilet and it will be the destruction or breakup of this country. I am not ready to give up, and I hope that others are not either.

sadly, you may be right, our society is going into the toilet and it will be the destruction or breakup of this country. I am not ready to give up, and I hope that others are not either.

I am not ready to give up but it sure seems we are going against all odds. What exactly has the right won recently? The problem is that the liberal left wing Jake way is the easy way. No need for principle just do what you wish, it is your right. Then they wonder why people actually do what they want and shoot up a school.

I am not ready to give up but it sure seems we are going against all odds. What exactly has the right won recently? The problem is that the liberal left wing Jake way is the easy way. No need for principle just do what you wish, it is your right. Then they wonder why people actually do what they want and shoot up a school.

we won both houses of congress and a majority of governors and state houses last year. Maybe the tide is turning.

we won both houses of congress and a majority of governors and state houses last year. Maybe the tide is turning.

I hate being negative but I think winning Congress is like being in a skid in your car, once in awhile the car will be facing the right way but in the end bad things are going to happen.

I have zero faith in this Congress to do anything right. Too many Jake types.

America has shifted in favor of gay marriage with it legal in most states

The court will make it legal in all

You are probably right Jake, and it was all done without the consent of the governed. Good job.

they don't want a vote because they know they would lose. Prop 8 in the very blue state of california proved that a majority of americans do not approve of state sanctioned gay marriage.
Why should you be allowed to vote on what rights others are allowed to have?

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for supper

You are probably right Jake, and it was all done without the consent of the governed. Good job.
So was civil rights

that is so historically inaccurate I have to think you are either mentally ill or will just say anything. The 15th amendment certainly was voted on by the governed.

So was civil rights

that is so historically inaccurate I have to think you are either mentally ill or will just say anything. The 15th amendment certainly was voted on by the governed.
Civil rights was "forced" on the people

Do you remember voting for it?

Geez, give it a rest. There is no constitutional issue here. But if you think there is, please quote the language from the constitution where gay marriage is mentioned.

I know that you fear a vote of the people, because you know that your side would lose as it did twice in the very blue state of CA.
You sound silly, but it is your right to be a fool.

Yes, it is a constitutional issue, regardless of what you feel. SCOTUS and the courts have accepted it as such. Amazing, huh, they feel no need to consult with such scholars like you? :lol:

Indeed, the GOP made sure the TP idiots can't threaten to sink the ship of state this time around.

Marriage equality is an American issue, not a party issue.

Forum List

Back