Will the Debate Hurt Trump?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
(1) He praised single-payer healthcare in Canada. This is a stance that might win him the General election, but GOP voters are led to believe it is the downfall of society.

(2) Not ruling out a 3rd party run. If he ran 3P, then he would be the Ross Perot of this election. This might actually help him because some people fear a 3p run and will vote for him

(3) Megyn Kelly's questions to him were in my opinion unfair and unprofessional. She is the prime reason I don't watch foxnews, but he looked petty in attacking back.

(4) The giving money to politicians to get them to do what he wants them to made him look corrupt.

It doesn't appear to have hurt him and I did love the line to Rand Paul, "you are really not doing well tonight."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(1) He has always been a national health care guy.

(2) A 3rd party run would give the Presidency to the Dems and force a long-overdue realignment in the GOP.

(3) Megyn becomes ever more demagogic in her demeanor and approach.

(4) He is corrupt.

Trump's night all the way.

It should hurt him but it won't. He is arrogant, egotistical, and bombastic. He is a Neocon on steroids and the far right is too stupid to see it.

(1) He praised single-payer healthcare in Canada. This is a stance that might win him the General election, but GOP voters are led to believe it is the downfall of society.

(2) Not ruling out a 3rd party run. If he ran 3P, then he would be the Ross Perot of this election. This might actually help him because some people fear a 3p run and will vote for him

(3) Megyn Kelly's questions to him were in my opinion unfair and unprofessional. She is the prime reason I don't watch foxnews, but he looked petty in attacking back.

(4) The giving money to politicians to get them to do what he wants them to made him look corrupt.

It doesn't appear to have hurt him and I did love the line to Rand Paul, "you are really not doing well tonight."

Nope. People are angry and are sick and tired of a choice between Coke or Pepsi every election cycle. trump is a cold can of beer.

His performance is not likely to sway his supporters. Remember who his supporters are. They hate the direction the country is going with a passion and hold Republican party leaders responsible almost as much as the Democrats. As long as Trump attacks Republicans and Democrats alike, there is almost nothing he can say or do to loose their support. However, whether he will be able to expand that support to include the remaining 75% of the party does not seem likely.

Last edited:

(2) A 3rd party run would give the Presidency to the Dems and force a long-overdue realignment in the GOP.

(4) He is corrupt.

I'm Team Jake Starkey!

Nope. People are angry and are sick and tired of a choice between Coke or Pepsi every election cycle. trump is a cold can of beer.
The people being his supporters are certainly angry. However, his message is to reject both Democrats and his own party, although I'm really not sure he's a Republican. He praises capitalism in one breath and blasts it in next. He's for government healthcare and then he's against it. He's pro-choice then he's pro-life. He claims to be a Christian and jokes about his lack of church attendance. He attacks the Clinton's but has supported them for years.

Trump is a modern day Pied Piper playing the old tune of hatred for the political establishment beckoning the masses to follow him into the unknown.

The people being his supporters are certainly angry. However, his message is to reject both Democrats and his own party, although I'm really not sure he's a Republican. He praises capitalism in one breath and blasts it in next. He's for government healthcare and then he's against it. He's pro-choice then he's pro-life. He claims to be a Christian and jokes about his lack of church attendance. He attacks the Clinton's but has supported them for years.

Trump is a modern day Pied Piper playing the old tune of hatred for the political establishment beckoning the masses to follow him into the unknown.

Basically, the GOP has been trumped and they are walking to the death chamber willingly. It is both sad and HILARIOUS!

Basically, the GOP has been trumped and they are walking to the death chamber willingly. It is both sad and HILARIOUS!

It's all bullshit anyway.... wake up

Drudge readers had Trump winning the debate at over 40% of votes. So I think he'll be fine.

Trump winning would be the wake up call this loser country needs...........

True but in my opinion Trump is a way better candidate than the rest of the GOP nominees who are all ideological nut jobs. Except maybe Kasich I thought he did very well.

True but in my opinion Trump is a way better candidate than the rest of the GOp nominees who are all ideological nut jobs.

I love Trump.
What are you f'king kidding me?

True but in my opinion Trump is a way better candidate than the rest of the GOP nominees who are all ideological nut jobs. Except maybe Kasich I thought he did very well.
I agree Kasich did a good job. However, Trump's candidacy will benefit the Democrats far more than the Republicans. This is why the GOP is doing everything they can to get him out of the race.

Many republicans have been beating the drum for years for an anti-establishment candidate. Now they have one, they may just have to live with the outcome.

I agree Kasich did a good job. However, Trump's candidacy will benefit the Democrats far more than the Republicans. This is why the GOP is doing everything they can to get him out of the race.

Many republicans have been beating the drum for years for an anti-establishment candidate. Now they have one, they may just have to live with the outcome.

Hell, if they had asked us for an "out of the beltway" candidate, we could have loaned them Carter.....

(4) He is corrupt.

You know I love you baby.

Kacish was impressive, but too moderate for the GOP. There is no way Trump wins enough women's or Hispanic votes to win the General. But don't tell his rabid supporters.

You know how the crowd turned on him over the 3rd ticket question, wait till he turns on the an even bigger crowd. The boos and middle fingers will be overwhelming and he will blow a gasket in public.

You know how the crowd turned on him over the 3rd ticket question, wait till he turns on the an even bigger crowd. The boos and middle fingers will be overwhelming and he will blow a gasket in public.
Trump's unwillingness to commit to supportting the party if not nominated is a threat that the GOP has to take seriously. However, it could work in Trump's favor. If Trump's support doesn't fall sharply over the next 6 months., the party leadership may have to fall in line behind Trump or face a possibly spit in the party or Trump throwing his support behind Hillary.

Forum List

Back