Will Rump Palestine become a UN protectorate?

...Eliminate Hamas? So what, you think the Palestinians will just go away? In all probability an ISIS style group will take their place which will be far more dangerous and will not provide the social services that Hamas provides to the people.
One group of bottom-feeders at a time.

Let's kill-off Hamas and put your theory to the test.

I think you know who the bottom feeders are, it is the Israelis.

Israel isn't going to "kill off" Hamas. You are delusional.

...The Palestinians have come to the conclusion since they cannot have a state of their own, being ruled by the UN is preferable to being ruled by the Jews. Can't blame them.
1. the UN has to agree to the request

2. the UN has to find a coalition insane enough to take-on that herculean task

3. the US will probably veto any attempt in the Security Council in connection with Step (1) or (2)

The time may have come when the Israelis are going to get the chance to finish-off Hamas.

Eliminate Hamas? So what, you think the Palestinians will just go away? In all probability an ISIS style group will take their place which will be far more dangerous and will not provide the social services that Hamas provides to the people.

Eliminate terror, maybe than negotiate.
And you know the saying, the eternal people are not afraid of a long journey.

1. the UN has to agree to the request

2. the UN has to find a coalition insane enough to take-on that herculean task

3. the US will probably veto any attempt in the Security Council in connection with Step (1) or (2)

The time may have come when the Israelis are going to get the chance to finish-off Hamas.

Eliminate Hamas? So what, you think the Palestinians will just go away? In all probability an ISIS style group will take their place which will be far more dangerous and will not provide the social services that Hamas provides to the people.

Eliminate terror, maybe than negotiate.
And you know the saying, the eternal people are not afraid of a long journey.

Israel will not negotiate unless they see a threat. Israel will continue the occupation, continue stealing land and continue to oppress the Palestinians as long as they remain submissive. That's how it has always been.

...Eliminate Hamas? So what, you think the Palestinians will just go away? In all probability an ISIS style group will take their place which will be far more dangerous and will not provide the social services that Hamas provides to the people.

Right Monty, it's Israel who are the bottom feeders :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel better, then by all means spew these lies :cool:

what would an ISIS type group want with gaza? of course that group would
want the west bank------along with the "east bank" but then gaza would just
be left hanging

Right Monty, it's Israel who are the bottom feeders :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel better, then by all means spew these lies :cool:

Brainwashed jackasses like you spew the lies, i.e. Israeli propaganda.

montelatici, et al,

I don't recall anyone here pressing the point that the Arab Palestinians "cannot have a state of their own."

The Palestinians have come to the conclusion since they cannot have a state of their own, being ruled by the UN is preferable to being ruled by the Jews. Can't blame them.
(COMMENT)

In fact, it is quite the reverse.

By virtue of the natural, historical and legal right of the Palestinian Arab people to its homeland, Palestine, and of the sacrifices of its succeeding generations in defence of the freedom and independence of that homeland,

Pursuant to the resolutions of the Arab Summit Conferences and on the basis of the international legitimacy embodied in the resolutions of the United Nations since 1947, and

Through the exercise by the Palestinian Arab people of its right to self-determination, political independence and sovereignty over its territory:

The Palestine National Council hereby declares, in the Name of God and on behalf of the Palestinian Arab people, the establishment of the State of Palestine in the land of Palestine with its capital at Jerusalem.

UN Acknowledgment of Independence said:
1. Acknowledges the proclamation of the State of Palestine by the Palestine National Council on 15 November 1988;

2. Affirms the need to enable the Palestinian people to exercise their sovereignty over their territory occupied since 1967;

SOURCE: A/RES/43/177 15 December 1988
SOURCE: A/43/827 S/20278 18 November 1988

I think the general points of contention revolve around two central issues:

• The Arab Palestinian, as a people and as a state do not come anywhere close to conforming within the Declaration on Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations (A/RES/25/2625).
  • The Arab Palestinian, as a people and as a state, exercises methods and practices of terrorism. They use these tactics - aimed at the destruction of human rights, fundamental freedoms and democracy, threatening territorial integrity, security of Israel in an attempt at destabilizing the legitimately constituted Government. [(A/RES/60/288) and (2002/475/JHA)]

"Nothing can justify terrorism — ever. No grievance, no goal, no cause can excuse terrorist acts." (UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon)​

Most Respectfully,
R

montelatici, et al,

I don't recall anyone here pressing the point that the Arab Palestinians "cannot have a state of their own."

The Palestinians have come to the conclusion since they cannot have a state of their own, being ruled by the UN is preferable to being ruled by the Jews. Can't blame them.
(COMMENT)

In fact, it is quite the reverse.

By virtue of the natural, historical and legal right of the Palestinian Arab people to its homeland, Palestine, and of the sacrifices of its succeeding generations in defence of the freedom and independence of that homeland,

Pursuant to the resolutions of the Arab Summit Conferences and on the basis of the international legitimacy embodied in the resolutions of the United Nations since 1947, and

Through the exercise by the Palestinian Arab people of its right to self-determination, political independence and sovereignty over its territory:

The Palestine National Council hereby declares, in the Name of God and on behalf of the Palestinian Arab people, the establishment of the State of Palestine in the land of Palestine with its capital at Jerusalem.

UN Acknowledgment of Independence said:
1. Acknowledges the proclamation of the State of Palestine by the Palestine National Council on 15 November 1988;

2. Affirms the need to enable the Palestinian people to exercise their sovereignty over their territory occupied since 1967;

SOURCE: A/RES/43/177 15 December 1988
SOURCE: A/43/827 S/20278 18 November 1988

I think the general points of contention revolve around two central issues:

• The Arab Palestinian, as a people and as a state do not come anywhere close to conforming within the Declaration on Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations (A/RES/25/2625).
  • The Arab Palestinian, as a people and as a state, exercises methods and practices of terrorism. They use these tactics - aimed at the destruction of human rights, fundamental freedoms and democracy, threatening territorial integrity, security of Israel in an attempt at destabilizing the legitimately constituted Government. [(A/RES/60/288) and (2002/475/JHA)]

"Nothing can justify terrorism — ever. No grievance, no goal, no cause can excuse terrorist acts." (UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon)​

Most Respectfully,
R

What a racist post Rocco !!

;)

Kondor3, et al,

It is quite possible that you are right.

As I said earlier, Rocco, Abbas' request to the UN to be transformed into a Protectorate may be closely tied to the idea that Hamas is quickly running out of time...
(OBSERVATION)

I see that the "sympathy" propaganda effort has intensified as well.

"Mohamed El Helw, 36 years old, stood at the hospital next to a gurney carrying a bloodied white body bag, weeping. He said the bag contained the remains of his father, who had gone out to buy treats for his grandchildren for the holiday."​

How touching! I think I'm tearing-up.

Most Respectfully,
R

Being flippant about the death of someone's father I see. Would you be as flippant if it were a Jew talking about his father's death at the hands of Palestinians?

[MENTION=47237]montelatici[/MENTION], et al,

I don't see this as a valid human interest story. I see this as a staged background to elicit sympathy for a terrorist supporting population; a community that went to extraordinary lengths to build an infrastructure of cross-border tunnels in which to invade Israel for nefarious purposes. I see it as a means of infecting the media stream with heartwarming story clips for a people that support violence against Israel.

I don't see this as representative of the true nature of the conflict.

Kondor3, et al,

As I said earlier, Rocco, Abbas' request to the UN to be transformed into a Protectorate may be closely tied to the idea that Hamas is quickly running out of time...
(OBSERVATION)

"Mohamed El Helw, 36 years old, stood at the hospital next to a gurney carrying a bloodied white body bag, weeping. He said the bag contained the remains of his father, who had gone out to buy treats for his grandchildren for the holiday."​

Most Respectfully,
R

Being flippant about the death of someone's father I see. Would you be as flippant if it were a Jew talking about his father's death at the hands of Palestinians?
(COMMENT)

This is part and parcel of the cry-baby approach the Hostile Arab Palestinians generally take when they push, prod, and jab Israel to the point that they have no choice but to respond. Then, when the conflict erupts, they are not able to accept the consequences of their actions, and run to the media with these tear-jerking little Exposés in order to discredit the Israeli response.

There were no ground forces in Gaza prior to the incursion. The ground forces came in response to HAMAS Terrorist wings firing rockets into Israel. HAMAS must take the responsibility for the consequences - an outcome of their action; sanctioned and lent tacit approval by the Palestinians and subsequently endorsed.

In a perfect world, where everything is according to Hoyle, there would be no casualties on the civilian population not engaged in the conflict. Those "persons taking no active part in the hostilities," would have moved away from the battle ground; and let the combat outcome present its solution. But they didn't do that. And of course, casualties are a result.

You can mourn for your dead; but, learn from their experience. Don't cry about those who are about to die; you can't help them. But heed the warnings that come and get out of the way; it can save your life. You walk on the battlefield at your own peril. The people of Gaza that openly choose to invoke conflict must understand that to do so has consequences.

Let me say that again: (I SAY AGAIN!) "The people of Gaza that openly choose to invoke conflict must understand that to do so has consequences." (OVER)​

And the despicable practice of populating the battle-scape with non-combatants in order to retard the advance of Israeli Forces that the Hostile Arab Palestinian have invited through hostile action (constant rocket and mortar fire) --- will not save them. Oh, the IDF will attempt to minimize civilian casualties and death (leaflets, phone calls, ICRC Notices, etc), but in the end, their objective is to seek-out and destroy the combat potential for HAMAS to inflict harm on the sovereign people of Israel. To get in between the IDF and their objective is to invite casualties. It is a passive attempt to use the Geneva Convention protection as a military defense posture. The Geneva Convention protections were not extended for the purpose of providing the opportunity for HAMAS to form "Human Shields" (Post #112 [MENTION=2873]Billo_Really[/MENTION] Israel Gaza and civilian deaths). The pie-charts of [MENTION=2873]Billo_Really[/MENTION] (Post #1 - Just who are the terrorists) is not so much about who are the terrorists; but about who did not learn the lessons of war in the practical sense; those who purposely made a decision not to get out of the way.

No one should weep for the People of Gaza. They did it to themselves, and the instrument they used was (oddly enough) the IDF. In any suicide, it is not the gun that kills you, it is the self that pulls the trigger. The People of Gaza pulled the trigger. That is what killed this "grandfather" out buying candy.

Just My Thought,
R

Last edited:
Mr R.. in response to your post-----re jabbing and prodding and lots of
civiians in the way-------and the putative PLANNED ----big massive via tunnel
terrorism thing----------and stuff going on in THE CALIPHATE-----it occurs to me
that there is a concerted conspiracy thing afoot. Looking back over the past several
weeks-------starting with the kidnapping of three kids right in Hebron-------the whole
episode looks like a PLAN to me. An attack involving Hebron is SYMBOLIC ------
it was meant to galvanize something BIG. IMHO

That huge network of tunnels -------has been in the works----probably for
at least a year----------it smacks of BIG PLANS

I don't see this as a valid human interest story. I see this as a staged background to elicit sympathy for a terrorist supporting population; a community that went to extraordinary lengths to build an infrastructure of cross-border tunnels in which to invade Israel for nefarious purposes. I see it as a means of infecting the media stream with heartwarming story clips for a people that support violence against Israel.

Kondor3, et al,

(OBSERVATION)

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

This is part and parcel of the cry-baby approach the Hostile Arab Palestinians generally take when they push, prod, and jab Israel to the point that they have no choice but to respond. Then, when the conflict erupts, they are not able to accept the consequences of their actions, and run to the media with these tear-jerking little Exposés in order to discredit the Israeli response.

There were no ground forces in Gaza prior to the incursion. The ground forces came in response to HAMAS Terrorist wings firing rockets into Israel. HAMAS must take the responsibility for the consequences - an outcome of their action; sanctioned and lent tacit approval by the Palestinians and subsequently endorsed.

In a perfect world, where everything is according to Hoyle, there would be no casualties on the civilian population not engaged in the conflict. Those "persons taking no active part in the hostilities," would have moved away from the battle ground; and let the combat outcome present its solution. But they didn't do that. And of course, casualties are a result.

You can mourn for your dead; but, learn from their experience. Don't cry about those who are about to die; you can't help them. But heed the warnings that come and get out of the way; it can save your life. You walk on the battlefield at your own peril. The people of Gaza that openly choose to invoke conflict must understand that to do so has consequences.

Let me say that again: (I SAY AGAIN!) "The people of Gaza that openly choose to invoke conflict must understand that to do so has consequences." (OVER)​

And the despicable practice of populating the battle-scape with non-combatants in order to retard the advance of Israeli Forces that the Hostile Arab Palestinian have invited through hostile action (constant rocket and mortar fire) --- will not save them. Oh, the IDF will attempt to minimize civilian casualties and death (leaflets, phone calls, ICRC Notices, etc), but in the end, their objective is to seek-out and destroy the combat potential for HAMAS to inflict harm on the sovereign people of Israel. To get in between the IDF and their objective is to invite casualties. It is a passive attempt to use the Geneva Convention protection as a military defense posture. The Geneva Convention protections were not extended for the purpose of providing the opportunity for HAMAS to form "Human Shields" (Post #112 [MENTION=2873]Billo_Really[/MENTION] Israel Gaza and civilian deaths). The pie-charts of [MENTION=2873]Billo_Really[/MENTION] (Post #1 - Just who are the terrorists) is not so much about who are the terrorists; but about who did not learn the lessons of war in the practical sense; those who purposely made a decision not to get out of the way.

No one should weep for the People of Gaza. They did it to themselves, and the instrument they used was (oddly enough) the IDF. In any suicide, it is not the gun that kills you, it is the self that pulls the trigger. The People of Gaza pulled the trigger. That is what killed this "grandfather" out buying candy.

Just My Thought,
R
One of your best in recent times, Rocco, and that's a fairly lofty goal... well said. :clap:

clapping-crowd-applause.gif

Kondor3, et al,

(OBSERVATION)

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

Just My Thought,
R

Yours is the thought of a racist. You sound like the supporters of Apartheid when the ANC bombed shopping centers and killed civilians.

"“When the ANC says that they will target British companies, this shows what a typical terrorist organization it is. I fought terrorism all my life and if more people fought it, and we were all more successful, we should not have it and I hope that everyone in this hall will think it is right to go on fighting terrorism. They will if they believe in democracy.”

Margaret Thatcher

"As late as 1988 the administration condemned Nelson Mandela’s African National Congress as one of the world’s ‘more notorious terrorist groups.’”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/07/opinion/a-lesson-before-dying.html?_r=0

(COMMENT)

Just My Thought,
R

Yours is the thought of a racist. You sound like the supporters of Apartheid when the ANC bombed shopping centers and killed civilians.

"“When the ANC says that they will target British companies, this shows what a typical terrorist organization it is. I fought terrorism all my life and if more people fought it, and we were all more successful, we should not have it and I hope that everyone in this hall will think it is right to go on fighting terrorism. They will if they believe in democracy.”

Margaret Thatcher

"As late as 1988 the administration condemned Nelson Mandela’s African National Congress as one of the world’s ‘more notorious terrorist groups.’”

Just a theoretical question, so whats wrong with Israel being apartheid? :lol:

Yours is the thought of a racist...
Your partisan labeling of Rocco thus does not ipso facto render him thus.

Rocco's supposed 'crime' here is that he called your side 'crybabies', and responsible for their foolhardy pulling of the trigger.

His assessment was correct, and has nothing whatsoever to do with racism.

Not that Palestinians are a 'race' in any sense of the word.

Hell, they're not even really a 'people'

And they're sure-as-hell not a 'nation', in any realistic sense of the word.

Despite what some of the Arab -kowtowing dweebs at the UN say.

montelatici, et al,

This is the second time you have implied that I am a "racist."

roccor-albums-picture-picture6709-racist.png

roccor-albums-picture-picture6710-racism.png

(COMMENT)

I've read and re-read the dozen or so of my recent postings and absolutely fail to see any inference where I (veiled or latently) expressed prejudice and/or discrimination based on a described or implied biological differences between the People of Gaza (Arab Palestinians) and anyone else. Nor have I discussed, in the context of myself or Israel, an institutionalized regime of systematic oppression and domination by one racial group over any other, the intention of maintaining that regime --- one over another. In fact, I have not discussed "race" in any way, shape, or form; or by inference, implied it in connection to Israel.

The belligerent containment, quarantine, or occupation of the Palestinian Territories is not now, nor has it ever been an unjust or prejudicial treatment based on a categorical different of the people on the grounds of race, age, or sex. The containment, quarantine, or occupation did not come about as a consequence of an Israeli expansionist design. It was an incidental consequence to Israeli military successes against aggressor Arab Nations attempting to overcome Israel. It is not about racism. It is about the national defense of the sovereign people of Israel.

The introduction of the "race card" is a veiled attempt to subvert and discredit the discussion by injecting a topic that was never opened and never under discussion.

Most Respectfully,
R

Kondor3, et al,

(OBSERVATION)

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

Just My Thought,
R

Yours is the thought of a racist. You sound like the supporters of Apartheid.

Margaret Thatcher

Forum List

Back