Will Rory McIlroy choke in the US OPen like he did in the Masters

Kid is playing some amazing golf. He is on cruise control now. Good to see him get the Masters monkey off his back. He should be a top golfer for years

Glad to see the kid shook off the "choke" collar and gave a golf lesson to the other tour pros

8 shot lead - he ain't gonna blow this one.

Agreed. No Tiger chasing him, either....

Tiger is done...... the steroids did their damage, the extremely violent swing has destroyed his knee and he will not be anything close to what he was. Golf is a game of mind over muscle, his mind was always his strong suit...... and his control of the minds of his competitors was a huge part of his success........ that is gone, these kids aren't the least bit afraid of that old guy. There are 18 year olds shooting 57s and 58s in competition, they couldn't give a shit about Tiger. He may win again but he will not beat Jack's record in major wins......that's a good thing, there isn't any comparison between what Jack did and what Tiger has done......everything has changed. It would be as if Baseball would allow titanium bats filled with cork and compared that number of home runs with those hit by traditional bats

Glad to see the kid shook off the "choke" collar and gave a golf lesson to the other tour pros

Only imbeciles called him a choker, hitting the tree off the tee at 10 would have rattled anyone. Number 10 is an extremely difficult hole if you don't get it down the hill with your drive, most of the people that did criticize him couldn't have scored below double digits on that hole. This guy and a number of others are going to shatter most of the records that Tiger broke, it is a new day in golf.

8 shot lead - he ain't gonna blow this one.

Tiger is done...... the steroids did their damage, the extremely violent swing has destroyed his knee and he will not be anything close to what he was. Golf is a game of mind over muscle, his mind was always his strong suit...... and his control of the minds of his competitors was a huge part of his success........ that is gone, these kids aren't the least bit afraid of that old guy. There are 18 year olds shooting 57s and 58s in competition, they couldn't give a shit about Tiger. He may win again but he will not beat Jack's record in major wins......that's a good thing, there isn't any comparison between what Jack did and what Tiger has done......everything has changed. It would be as if Baseball would allow titanium bats filled with cork and compared that number of home runs with those hit by traditional bats

Ask rory about that in the previous major. Put Tiger behind rory in the next one, see what happens. Everything has changed? WTF does that mean? Super breast milk now? You're an idiot.

Ask rory about that in the previous major. Put Tiger behind rory in the next one, see what happens. Everything has changed? WTF does that mean? Super breast milk now? You're an idiot.

It's funny that you would call me an idiot after you have revealed that you know absolutely nothing about golf. Tiger will not beat Nicklaus's record....... I doubt that he will tie his record. It is doubtful that Tiger would have recovered any better than Rory after he hit that tree off the tee at 10, maybe in his absolute prime but before or after, doubt it. There is a whole lot of outstanding and fearless young players that have emerged since Tiger decided to act like an asshole and chase every skank that would open her legs for him. He is not the same person he was when he was a champion, it's doubtful he will ever be again. By the way, how did Tiger score on the back nine at Augusta in the final round? You know, the side that actually counts if you are going to win at The Masters. I believe that was the side he fucked up his knee again ....... on the 17th, probably would have screwed him up in a playoff if he would have played well enough on the final nine to be in the tournament.

I have been involved in golf for over 50 years and was a partner in a business that produced yardage books around the world for over 20 of those years. I have caddied for my older brother in 2 U.S. Opens, The Mid Amateur, The final Bing Crosby, The Memorial and the 86 Masters along with numerous other qualifiers........ I may not know everything, and I may be wrong, but when it comes to the game of golf I am certainly no idiot. I don't get to play enough to keep my short game sharp but I maintain a 6 Handicap...... how about you?

What credibility do you have?

The biggest issues I see with Tiger is not only him chasing skanks, but him changing his golf swing 3 times since becoming a pro. Arnie Palmer had one swing his entire career.
I don't think Tiger will beat Jack's record.

As for McIlroy? I don't think he will choke in the final round. :lol:

The biggest issues I see with Tiger is not only him chasing skanks, but him changing his golf swing 3 times since becoming a pro. Arnie Palmer had one swing his entire career.

Tiger dominated golf after he changed his swing after winning that first Masters by 10 strokes it was a gutsy move that paid off

As to catching Jack, he is still ahead of where Jack was at this age. Depends on if he can get healthy

Tiger dominated golf after he changed his swing after winning that first Masters by 10 strokes it was a gutsy move that paid off

As to catching Jack, he is still ahead of where Jack was at this age. Depends on if he can get healthy

And he's changed it twice since.
Jack didn't have all the mental distractions that Tiger has faced since his harem was revealed. Let's face it, golf is more of a mental game than most sports.....1 putt worth 500,000 from first to second.

And he's changed it twice since.
Jack didn't have all the mental distractions that Tiger has faced since his harem was revealed. Let's face it, golf is more of a mental game than most sports.....1 putt worth 500,000 from first to second.

Exactly, golf is different from everything else in professional sports, a player is truly all alone with what's in his head. Being quite static there isn't a 95 mile per hour ball to hit, no movement to practice with your team mates until it's second nature.......... you stand alone with that ball(often after walking a couple hundred yards) and it is all up to you to hit the shot after taking the many variables that weather, distance and the course itself have on it. Players from other sports that play golf, claim that the pressure is as strong as anytime in their careers. Baseball players claim the same feeling when they are at bat or pitching. Football quarterbacks claim the same when needing to throw a perfect pass, basketball players feel it at the free throw line.
Palmer used to say that golf was 90 percent mental, 10 percent physical and he was one of the most physical in the game. One of the reasons that players feel compelled to call penalties on themselves is the effect it would have on their mental game knowing that they had cheated, it is much better to take the 1 or 2 stroke penalty and move on than to think about it the rest of the round.
As for Tiger's swing, it's not possible for him to swing the way he did before with the physical problems that his extremely violent early swing caused in the first place. The golf swing is not a very natural thing to do. As smooth and easy as the swing that Fred Couples has, he has suffered from back problems most of the last 20 years. Tiger's early swing was fun to watch but the pressure on that left knee was catastrophic and it was never one that would last. That is the big difference between he and Jack.........longevity. Jack's life and swing worked for him to have a 40+ year career. His love for his wife and family was stronger than his love for the game, he would fly home on Friday nights during a tournament that he might have been leading, to watch his son play football....... he would then fly back to tee it up on Saturday. He told Tiger before he got married that family was the most important thing to have a lasting career in golf and if that is what he wanted he should get married and have kids, it would ground him. Unfortunately for Tiger, the guys he hung around with had the opposite ideas.

It's funny that you would call me an idiot after you have revealed that you know absolutely nothing about golf. Tiger will not beat Nicklaus's record....... I doubt that he will tie his record. It is doubtful that Tiger would have recovered any better than Rory after he hit that tree off the tee at 10, maybe in his absolute prime but before or after, doubt it. There is a whole lot of outstanding and fearless young players that have emerged since Tiger decided to act like an asshole and chase every skank that would open her legs for him. He is not the same person he was when he was a champion, it's doubtful he will ever be again. By the way, how did Tiger score on the back nine at Augusta in the final round? You know, the side that actually counts if you are going to win at The Masters. I believe that was the side he fucked up his knee again ....... on the 17th, probably would have screwed him up in a playoff if he would have played well enough on the final nine to be in the tournament.

I have been involved in golf for over 50 years and was a partner in a business that produced yardage books around the world for over 20 of those years. I have caddied for my older brother in 2 U.S. Opens, The Mid Amateur, The final Bing Crosby, The Memorial and the 86 Masters along with numerous other qualifiers........ I may not know everything, and I may be wrong, but when it comes to the game of golf I am certainly no idiot. I don't get to play enough to keep my short game sharp but I maintain a 6 Handicap...... how about you?

NONE of your post intersects mine. Do I have to break out my DSMV-IV to diagnose you?

NONE of your post intersects mine. Do I have to break out my DSMV-IV to diagnose you?

Why are you commenting on golf? You don't know anything about golf except Tiger and you think that if you keep bringing him up that maybe his time will not be over.....but his time is over and the window of opportunity to beat Nicklaus's record is almost closed. That is the point, Rory and all the other young guys that have grown up using the new equipment playing on great courses........ they look at Tiger and see the past, history. Tiger had nothing to do with what happened at The Masters. Hitting a strong draw to get around the corner and down the hill on the left side is the only play off the tee at 10, he boldly tried to get as much out of it as he could and hit the tree which left him with nothing and it just compounded from there....... it is said that he choked and I say that is simplistic talk from those that don't have a clue.

Young Tom Watson used to have the choker label.

Shook it off rather quickly.

Forum List

Back