Will Republicans win 2016?

2016: Republicans or Liberals?

• Total voters
Excellent post.

It would be fascinating to see an impartial overview of the state of the economy each president inherited during the past 100 years. I suspect no president has ever inherited the mess Obama inherited, and that nust be taken into account when evaluating his presidency.

That is not to blame the meltdown entirely on rhe GOP either - but merely to be objective about what Obma started with in comparison to those who came before him.

Well, if Obama was not cut out to handle the job, then perhaps he should not have run for president. After all, it was HE who said he could fix everything. :D

Well he was looking at Bush screwing up at incredible levels and thought he could do a better job than he did...

The thing is you have to judge a president, did he leave it better than he found it...

Obama has improved things. Therefore Obama is a success.

Bush is a failure...

Simple..
Bush was far and away a superior leader to Obozo. That's not to mention as a human being, where Bush should have been Obama's owner, not his predecessor.
Bush inherited a recession. Bush inherited an unprecedented terror problem. Was Bush perfect? No. But he had a tough hand.
Obama inherited an economy on the mend. Obama inherited a successful Iraq War and a stand off in Afghanistan. Obama inherited terrorists on the run. He inherited $10T in debt and a AAA rating. He inherited a huge amount of good will both abroad and at home.
And in six short years he's managed to turn everything to shit.

I really don't think there was much difference between Bush and Obama as far as policy goes. They were/are pretty much the same. Please, if there are any differences, someone point them out. If there are any, they are few and insignificant. For the most part, both presidents have done the same things.

I will say that I think Bush seems more personable though. Obama seems kind of like a dick. :D
Not much difference? Let's look
Healthcare
Bush passed Medicare Part D, Obama passed Obamacare. Obamacare was funded, Medicare Part D was not

Immigration
Bush supported a path to Citizenship, Obama gave it

Social Security
Bush tried to privatize, Obama ignores it

Foreign Policy
Bush used invasion and nation building, Obama builds coalitions and relies on economic sanctions

Terrorism
Bush used invasion, torture and Gitmo. Obama relied on drone strikes and SEAL raids

Budget
Bush cut taxes and increased spending. Obama increased taxes and cut spending.

On many issues they are similar. On budget and foreign policy they are radically different

Are you kidding? The above is a joke. The only thing different from Bush to Obama was healthcare, and that is something that was forced upon us by our government with false claims of people "dying in the streets" because they are lacking healthcare and other such BS.

Well, if Obama was not cut out to handle the job, then perhaps he should not have run for president. After all, it was HE who said he could fix everything. :D

Well he was looking at Bush screwing up at incredible levels and thought he could do a better job than he did...

The thing is you have to judge a president, did he leave it better than he found it...

Bush is a failure...

Simple..
Bush was far and away a superior leader to Obozo. That's not to mention as a human being, where Bush should have been Obama's owner, not his predecessor.
Bush inherited a recession. Bush inherited an unprecedented terror problem. Was Bush perfect? No. But he had a tough hand.
Obama inherited an economy on the mend. Obama inherited a successful Iraq War and a stand off in Afghanistan. Obama inherited terrorists on the run. He inherited $10T in debt and a AAA rating. He inherited a huge amount of good will both abroad and at home.

I really don't think there was much difference between Bush and Obama as far as policy goes. They were/are pretty much the same. Please, if there are any differences, someone point them out. If there are any, they are few and insignificant. For the most part, both presidents have done the same things.

I will say that I think Bush seems more personable though. Obama seems kind of like a dick. :D
Healthcare
Bush passed Medicare Part D, Obama passed Obamacare. Obamacare was funded, Medicare Part D was not

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy
Bush used invasion and nation building, Obama builds coalitions and relies on economic sanctions

Terrorism
Bush used invasion, torture and Gitmo. Obama relied on drone strikes and SEAL raids

Budget

On many issues they are similar. On budget and foreign policy they are radically different

Are you kidding? The above is a joke. The only thing different from Bush to Obama was healthcare, and that is something that was forced upon us by our government with false claims of people "dying in the streets" because they are lacking healthcare and other such BS.
So
Dodd Frank
Cash for Clunkers
Shredding bankruptcy law in Chrysler and GM bankruptcy
Usin the IRS on political enemies
etc etc etc
dont count for anything?
You're worse than the libs.

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

So
Dodd Frank
Cash for Clunkers
etc etc etc
dont count for anything?

And Bush has his own crap list. What REALLY changes from a democratic to a republican president? Not much. They're both basically the same, even though they like to tell a lot of lies to convince us that they are different. Neither party cares about YOU. Got that?

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

I will merely address this for now;
Bush supported a path to Citizenship, Obama gave it.
Are you sure Obama gave illegals a pathway to Citizenship?
Not all of them, but for five million, they will be allowed to live and work here until they are qualified to become citizens.
Bush would have supported it

Okay . . . and what about the ones who STILL do not apply for citizenship? Then what?
Let them work, pay taxes and go back and forth to Mexico as they please

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

Care to discuss specifics?
You don't think foreign policy is different? The rest of the world does
You don't think their views on taxation are different ?

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

Not all of them, but for five million, they will be allowed to live and work here until they are qualified to become citizens.

Okay . . . and what about the ones who STILL do not apply for citizenship? Then what?

What makes you think they are paying taxes?

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

Care to discuss specifics?
You don't think foreign policy is different? The rest of the world does
You don't think their views on taxation are different ?

Although they espouse their differences, care to point out any major differences that occur in anything regardless of which major party is in "control?"

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

Who would make sure they are paying taxes, Einstein? Good grief! :cuckoo:

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

What a foolish and dumbass liberal thing to say! :lol:

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

So
Dodd Frank
Cash for Clunkers
etc etc etc
dont count for anything?

Stimulus
Invading a sovereign nation that didn't threaten us
the "patriot" act
"Campaign finance reform"
Expanding medicare
Giving more power to Dept of Education (no child left behind)
Massive deficits

ChrisL is right. Obama is Bush with a darker hue and a teleprompter.

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

So
Dodd Frank
Cash for Clunkers
etc etc etc
dont count for anything?

Stimulus
Invading a sovereign nation that didn't threaten us
the "patriot" act
"Campaign finance reform"
Expanding medicare
Giving more power to Dept of Education (no child left behind)
Massive deficits

ChrisL is right. Obama is Bush with a darker hue and a teleprompter.

I always thought this was a rather poignant meme. :D

ga5074d076.jpg

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

They don't have to now. Once they are on the books, they will pay like the rest of us

They don't have to now. Once they are on the books, they will pay like the rest of us

What is it that you don't understand about words "illegal immigrants." Illegal immigrants are not ON any books . . . because they are illegal. :D If, after the allotted time, they do not apply for citizenship or do anything to change their illegal status, then they are still going to be illegal immigrants without an easily traceable paper trail.

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

Why would that be? Prior to 1965, they would come over, work the season and then go home. Once they closed the borders, they just stayed

Why would that be? Prior to 1965, they would come over, work the season and then go home. Once they closed the borders, they just stayed

How would you know? Again, there is no trail of illegal immigrants. They can come and go as often as they'd like. Are you an "open borders" person? In today's world, that is just sheer stupidity, I must say.

How would you know? Again, there is no trail of illegal immigrants. They can come and go as often as they'd like. Are you an "open borders" person? In today's world, that is just sheer stupidity, I must say.
Why not let them work, pay taxes and go home when they like?

Your secure border does not make you safe. It only encourages the labor to go underground and not pay taxes.

How many do you think will sign up? Why would they want too take a pay cut by having to pay Social Security and state and federal income tax?
The only reason I can think of is if they can cash in on the EITC, which will cost the taxpayers.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? No one stayed in the US before they closed the border? I call BS.

How many do you think will sign up? Why would they want too take a pay cut by having to pay Social Security and state and federal income tax?
The only reason I can think of is if they can cash in on the EITC, which will cost the taxpayers.
They will flock to sign up for a chance to stop hiding, to earn legal wages and any benefits

For the Republicans to win, they need to come to terms with their own extremism..

The Republican "extremism" isn't theirs, it's a bunch of stupid Democratic talking points. The Republicans are tax and spend liberals just like you are. They talk about spending responsibility, but talk is all it is for them.

Forum List

Back