Will Republicans win 2016?

2016: Republicans or Liberals?

• Total voters
The truth running a proper fiscal policy is not all about cutting taxes.

Look at Europe, up until the Banking Crisis (when all bets were off) they run fiscal conservative policies. Why? because we don't have endless credit.

We are all meant to be under 60% under the Maastricht Debt Treaty and we were holding that until the banking crisis..

Ideally, The way it works is simple in good times to take from the economy to slow the boom and in recession you spend to drive the economy through the slump. This is basic macroeconomics.
Some countries are better doing this than others, Switzerland and the Scandinavians are generally good. Ireland lost the run of themselves in the good times. But just like a football coach some plays a runs and others are passes...

Bush made a dogs ear of this by cutting taxes during a war.In a war you are already spending and borrowing money to pay for the war. He hid this in Emergency War Funding which was left off the books.
Obama ended this and put war funding back on the books:
The Obameter End the abuse of supplemental budgets for war PolitiFact

So even without the banking crisis the method of accounting for wars was screwed.

us_deficit_nom.png

So Obama was dealt a bad hand from his predecessor. He took control and has reduce the amount needed. US is now borrowing less that it did in 2003 or 2004 when the GOP had total control (per GDP).

Excellent post.

It would be fascinating to see an impartial overview of the state of the economy each president inherited during the past 100 years. I suspect no president has ever inherited the mess Obama inherited, and that nust be taken into account when evaluating his presidency.

That is not to blame the meltdown entirely on rhe GOP either - but merely to be objective about what Obma started with in comparison to those who came before him.

Well, if Obama was not cut out to handle the job, then perhaps he should not have run for president. After all, it was HE who said he could fix everything. :D

Well he was looking at Bush screwing up at incredible levels and thought he could do a better job than he did...

The thing is you have to judge a president, did he leave it better than he found it...

Obama has improved things. Therefore Obama is a success.

Bush is a failure...

Simple..
Bush was far and away a superior leader to Obozo. That's not to mention as a human being, where Bush should have been Obama's owner, not his predecessor.
Bush inherited a recession. Bush inherited an unprecedented terror problem. Was Bush perfect? No. But he had a tough hand.
Obama inherited an economy on the mend. Obama inherited a successful Iraq War and a stand off in Afghanistan. Obama inherited terrorists on the run. He inherited $10T in debt and a AAA rating. He inherited a huge amount of good will both abroad and at home.
And in six short years he's managed to turn everything to shit.
NEVER seen such spin

Thanks for the amusement
Translation: I can never accept facts.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Excellent post.

It would be fascinating to see an impartial overview of the state of the economy each president inherited during the past 100 years. I suspect no president has ever inherited the mess Obama inherited, and that nust be taken into account when evaluating his presidency.

That is not to blame the meltdown entirely on rhe GOP either - but merely to be objective about what Obma started with in comparison to those who came before him.

Well, if Obama was not cut out to handle the job, then perhaps he should not have run for president. After all, it was HE who said he could fix everything. :D

Well he was looking at Bush screwing up at incredible levels and thought he could do a better job than he did...

The thing is you have to judge a president, did he leave it better than he found it...

Bush is a failure...

Simple..
Bush was far and away a superior leader to Obozo. That's not to mention as a human being, where Bush should have been Obama's owner, not his predecessor.
Bush inherited a recession. Bush inherited an unprecedented terror problem. Was Bush perfect? No. But he had a tough hand.
Obama inherited an economy on the mend. Obama inherited a successful Iraq War and a stand off in Afghanistan. Obama inherited terrorists on the run. He inherited $10T in debt and a AAA rating. He inherited a huge amount of good will both abroad and at home.
NEVER seen such spin

Thanks for the amusement
Translation.....your views are ridiculous

Bush is a failure...

Simple..
NEVER seen such spin

Thanks for the amusement
Translation.....your views are ridiculous
Yes. Your views are ridiculous. Thanks for pointing that out.

I do respect your choice because I sympathize with this party as well. But they have a significant drawback that is kinda isolationism. In our rough times the humanity needs a politician-interventionist.
The World Gendarme has some job of work on overthrowing tyrants.

Look at Europe, up until the Banking Crisis (when all bets were off) they run fiscal conservative policies. Why? because we don't have endless credit.

We are all meant to be under 60% under the Maastricht Debt Treaty and we were holding that until the banking crisis..

Ideally, The way it works is simple in good times to take from the economy to slow the boom and in recession you spend to drive the economy through the slump. This is basic macroeconomics.
Some countries are better doing this than others, Switzerland and the Scandinavians are generally good. Ireland lost the run of themselves in the good times. But just like a football coach some plays a runs and others are passes...

Bush made a dogs ear of this by cutting taxes during a war.In a war you are already spending and borrowing money to pay for the war. He hid this in Emergency War Funding which was left off the books.

So even without the banking crisis the method of accounting for wars was screwed.

us_deficit_nom.png

So Obama was dealt a bad hand from his predecessor. He took control and has reduce the amount needed. US is now borrowing less that it did in 2003 or 2004 when the GOP had total control (per GDP).

Excellent post.

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

I really don't think there was much difference between Bush and Obama as far as policy goes. They were/are pretty much the same. Please, if there are any differences, someone point them out. If there are any, they are few and insignificant. For the most part, both presidents have done the same things.

I will say that I think Bush seems more personable though. Obama seems kind of like a dick. :D

Of course the gop will win . Want to know how someone can be so confident and say it like it's already done? Visit the "I'm the boards political genius" thread.

us_deficit_nom.png

Excellent post.

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

I really don't think there was much difference between Bush and Obama as far as policy goes. They were/are pretty much the same. Please, if there are any differences, someone point them out. If there are any, they are few and insignificant. For the most part, both presidents have done the same things.

I will say that I think Bush seems more personable though. Obama seems kind of like a dick. :D

You don't know the difference between a Bush Admin and a Obama Admin...

So you personally insult one of them.... I wonder what is wrong with American Politics?

us_deficit_nom.png

Excellent post.

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

Seriously?
There is a world of difference.
Bush did not try to take over the health care system
Bush did not try to take over the banking system
Bush worked with Democrats in Congress (who screwed him at every opportunity but thats what happens)
Bush won the war in Iraq by taking a courageous stand against popular opinion.
Was I happy with every action he took? No, of course not. Bush was a big government Rockefeller Republican. But he was head and shoulders above Obama. Just look at the cabinet members each one has had.

Excellent post.

Bush is a failure...

Simple..
NEVER seen such spin

Thanks for the amusement

I there an alternative universe going on... Even by Conservative standards Bush was a disaster.

Actually that is the Conservative war cry, Bush wasn't a Conservative even though we picked him.

If Bush is so successful why is he not wheeled out in 2012 as a major player in the GOP party... Bush is Die Hard 4, 'Why the fuck did we do that'...

Bush is a failure...

Simple..
NEVER seen such spin

Thanks for the amusement

I there an alternative universe going on... Even by Conservative standards Bush was a disaster.

Actually that is the Conservative war cry, Bush wasn't a Conservative even though we picked him.

If Bush is so successful why is he not wheeled out in 2012 as a major player in the GOP party... Bush is Die Hard 4, 'Why the fuck did we do that'...
Yes you exist in an alternative universe.
Bush was never a conservative. Bush was hardly a disaster. except in the minds of libertarians, but they arent conservative by any stretch of the imagination.
You know the answer already as to why he didnt campaign. Same reason Obama didnt campaign i any contested elections this last time. And where he did of course the candidate lost.

us_deficit_nom.png

Excellent post.

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

Not much difference? Let's look
Healthcare
Bush passed Medicare Part D, Obama passed Obamacare. Obamacare was funded, Medicare Part D was not

Immigration
Bush supported a path to Citizenship, Obama gave it

Social Security
Bush tried to privatize, Obama ignores it

Foreign Policy
Bush used invasion and nation building, Obama builds coalitions and relies on economic sanctions

Terrorism
Bush used invasion, torture and Gitmo. Obama relied on drone strikes and SEAL raids

Budget
Bush cut taxes and increased spending. Obama increased taxes and cut spending.

On many issues they are similar. On budget and foreign policy they are radically different

Rabbi Goes Full Retard. Never go Full Retard.

Bush inherited a recession.

Bush inherited 200 billion dollar surpluses and an unemployment rate of 4.2% and the longest period of straight GDP Growth in our history. By the time he left, two recessions, two wars, losing a major city in a flood, and letting his rich friends loot the country, he had an unemployment rate of 7.8% and climbing, Trillion dollar deficits and four quarters of negative GDP Growth.

Bush inherited an unprecedented terror problem.

The only "Terror" problem was that he had a national security advisor who didn't know what Al Qaeda was, and when he was presented with a memo saying "Bin Laden Determined to Strike US", he said, "Okay, you covered your ass" and then went fishing.

Obama inherited an economy on the mend.

Now, this is where you are a complete fucking retard. No, the economy was not "On The Mend" when Obama got it. In the previous year, Unemployment shot up from 5% in January 2008 to 7.8% in January 2009.

Notice Data not available U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Furthermore, Q4 of 2009 saw a drop in GDP Growth of 9%. The economy was HARDLY on the mend.

blog-gdp-2012_05.jpg

Obama inherited a successful Iraq War and a stand off in Afghanistan. Obama inherited terrorists on the run.

Guy, nobody considered the Iraq War successful. Furthermore, nobody really wanted to keep fighting it in 2008. Bush created more terrorists, not less.

He inherited $10T in debt and a AAA rating. He inherited a huge amount of good will both abroad and at home.

Uh, guy, by 2008, the US was universally hated by not only our allies in the European Union, but most of the Middle East, and Asia as well. Shit, they gave Obama a Nobel Peace Prize just for "Not Being Bush".

Oh, yeah, and 10 Trillion dollars in Debt is a BAD thing when you only had 5 trillion in debt when you started. We only lost our AAA rating because Republicans kept threatening to default on the debt.

No, he took what Bush turned into shit and managed to salvage some of it despite your party hating him more than they love the country.

Seriously?
Bush did not try to take over the health care system (No he just said fuck you w/o HC and here's a bribe to the old. You know, that part D. perscription plan passed in the middle of the night with Cheney's help.)
Bush did not try to take over the banking system (no, he just helped it collapse)
Bush worked with Democrats in Congress (who screwed him at every opportunity but thats what happens)
(Fuck you, if Dems put the screws to Bush, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in)
(this statement is SO fucking stupid no response is necessary)

Excellent post.

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

Healthcare
Bush passed Medicare Part D, Obama passed Obamacare. Obamacare was funded, Medicare Part D was not

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy
Bush used invasion and nation building, Obama builds coalitions and relies on economic sanctions

Terrorism
Bush used invasion, torture and Gitmo. Obama relied on drone strikes and SEAL raids

Budget

On many issues they are similar. On budget and foreign policy they are radically different

I will merely address a few statements for now:

Immigration
"Bush supported a path to Citizenship, Obama gave it."

Are you sure Obama gave illegals a pathway to Citizenship?

Budget
"Bush cut taxes and increased spending. Obama increased taxes and cut spending."

I have been told many times that half of the $787 billion stimulus package(read increased spending) that Obama and the Dems passed was tax CUTS. The only cut in spending during Obama's six years was the sequestration that the Republican House passed.

Last edited:

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

I will merely address this for now;
Bush supported a path to Citizenship, Obama gave it.
Not all of them, but for five million, they will be allowed to live and work here until they are qualified to become citizens.
Bush would have supported it

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

Not all of them, but for five million, they will be allowed to live and work here until they are qualified to become citizens.

Bush would have supported work visas, and I read that this Executive Action is only good for three years.

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

Bush would have supported work visas, and I read that this Executive Action is only good for three years.
It is good for two years
The next President does not have to honor it

When a Republican finally wins the White House, he can repeal

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

It is good for two years
The next President does not have to honor it

When a Republican finally wins the White House, he can repeal

Obama did not give a pathway to citizenship as you stated.

"The majority of those affected, about 4.1 million, could be eligible for a program that will invite parents of either U.S. citizens or long-term permanent residents to apply for a work permit and three years of protection from deportation."

Bush is a failure...

Simple..

Healthcare

Immigration

Social Security

Foreign Policy

Terrorism

Budget

Okay . . . and what about the ones who STILL do not apply for citizenship? Then what?

Seriously?
Bush did not try to take over the health care system (No he just said fuck you w/o HC and here's a bribe to the old. You know, that part D. perscription plan passed in the middle of the night with Cheney's help.)
Bush did not try to take over the banking system (no, he just helped it collapse)
(Fuck you, if Dems put the screws to Bush, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in)
(this statement is SO fucking stupid no response is necessary)
Translation: I disagree with it but I'm so fucking stupid/drunk I can't type anything coherent.

Forum List

Back