Will Paul voters fall in line?

The last time we were faced with either continuing to go the route of democrat, or picking the "conservative", Bush was elected to go the conservative route, and what a massive mistake that was.

I don't trust the establishment. They've given me zero reason to. There's a certain agenda that this country is under the thumb of, and it seems as though the power brokers have it all set up exactly how they like it so that regardless if we choose the democrat or the republican, they still win and we still lose.

I decided long ago that I'm not falling for that shit anymore. Seems like since Paul's run in 2008, about 400% more people have decided the same thing.

You're a libertarian. Romney will do NOTHING to roll back the assault on personal liberties in this country over the last 10 or 15 years.

Unfortunately, I agree.

And allowing obama to get a 2nd term will prevent this how?

Nope.

Bush and the GOP majority didn't do a god damn thing to tackle that or a host of other conservative concerns, what makes you think THIS establishment candidate is going to be any different when it's been clear now for decades that these annointed establishment candidates don't do jack fucking SHIT to make things any better?

They won't tackle it because it would be political suicide. So what is your grand plan? I voted for Ron Paul in the Florida Primary, I vote for the LP candidates every chance I get. I will continue to do so. I have watched the popularity of the LP platform and it's candidates grow over the years. I will continue to vote LP when it makes sense to do so. Ron Paul isn't running against Obama so I can vote for Mitt Romney or Obama, or I can stay home. I choose Romney because I can't suit around and do nothing. I won't throw the baby out with the bath water. You have a better plan let's hear it.

My better plan is letting the GOP see what it stands to lose by alienating liberty minded issues. Since I only see any actual difference between Obama and Romney as about as insignificant as possible, I see something to be gained by Romney losing...the GOP taking its medicine and being forced to accept real freedom based ideals into their governing.

Not a good plan. You would trash the country to teach the GOP a lesson. I will not. Many Libertarians did this back in 2008, so did quite a few of the Religious Right who hated McCain. Did it do anything at all to change the GOP? NO. So what exactly do you think will happen? If Obama gets a 2nd term the GOP will move more and more to the center to try to win. You will accomplish nothing, and the country will suffer because of it.

I like your hyperbole. :)

By the way as I'm sure you're aware those ideas would have to originate and survive congress first. Matters not who the president is if it doesn't make it to their desk.
Hyperbole schmyperbole.

You want to be a good little victim, that's your problem....We're supposed to be America with a 4th Amendment, not Soviet Russia with a KGB.

I'm not about to claim that Mitt Romney is the ideal candidate, I won't even go as far as saying he's a good candidate. I only state that he's a better choice than obama.

both are the same on civil liberties, foreign policy, and letting wall street run congress. the only thing they differ on is the amount and types of handouts that leaches should be able to steal from tax paying citizens.

I'm not about to claim that Mitt Romney is the ideal candidate, I won't even go as far as saying he's a good candidate. I only state that he's a better choice than obama.

No candidate is idea, but what you are going to do is give a vote to a mirror image of obama.

He is not a mirror image of Obama.

Right sure he isn't.
Pro gay marriage
pro romney care
anti gun
Three big issues that will never allow me to vote for Romney.

Unfortunately, I agree.

Nope.

They won't tackle it because it would be political suicide. So what is your grand plan? I voted for Ron Paul in the Florida Primary, I vote for the LP candidates every chance I get. I will continue to do so. I have watched the popularity of the LP platform and it's candidates grow over the years. I will continue to vote LP when it makes sense to do so. Ron Paul isn't running against Obama so I can vote for Mitt Romney or Obama, or I can stay home. I choose Romney because I can't suit around and do nothing. I won't throw the baby out with the bath water. You have a better plan let's hear it.

My better plan is letting the GOP see what it stands to lose by alienating liberty minded issues. Since I only see any actual difference between Obama and Romney as about as insignificant as possible, I see something to be gained by Romney losing...the GOP taking its medicine and being forced to accept real freedom based ideals into their governing.

Not a good plan. You would trash the country to teach the GOP a lesson. I will not. Many Libertarians did this back in 2008, so did quite a few of the Religious Right who hated McCain. Did it do anything at all to change the GOP? NO. So what exactly do you think will happen? If Obama gets a 2nd term the GOP will move more and more to the center to try to win. You will accomplish nothing, and the country will suffer because of it.

The only time the GOP ever moves to the right is during campaigns. They NEVER stay there, though. They go center, and so do the dems. Each have their own little problems but for the most part they both stay pretty centered overall. The PROBLEM though, is that they're both corporatist and the issues they actually DO differ on are insignificant. The issues they are the same on are the most important issues to you and I.

We get nothing good with either one.

The last time we were faced with either continuing to go the route of democrat, or picking the "conservative", Bush was elected to go the conservative route, and what a massive mistake that was.

I don't trust the establishment. They've given me zero reason to. There's a certain agenda that this country is under the thumb of, and it seems as though the power brokers have it all set up exactly how they like it so that regardless if we choose the democrat or the republican, they still win and we still lose.

I decided long ago that I'm not falling for that shit anymore. Seems like since Paul's run in 2008, about 400% more people have decided the same thing.
The only thing about bush was that he repeal Clinton's gun ban, Gore would not have done that.

No candidate is idea, but what you are going to do is give a vote to a mirror image of obama.

The differences are insignificant and not worth sacrificing an opportunity to support real change.

Nonsense. Real change starts at the bottom not the top.

Let's pretend just for a moment that a Ron Paul became president. Without several hundred more Ron Pauls in congress his entire presidency would be a lame duck.

You seek change you HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM. When will you idealists realize this? Or do you really believe congress is going to sit by and let one man strip them of their power?

The only thing about bush was that he repeal Clinton's gun ban, Gore would not have done that.

I didn't mean we should have gone Gore though. My point is that this whole 2 choices and ONLY 2 choices shit is crippling this nation.

I didn't mean we should have gone Gore though. My point is that this whole 2 choices and ONLY 2 choices shit is crippling this nation.

Agreed.

Empty scare tactics. What are you imagining would be different if McCain had won? Nothing that matters.

Instead of all this pouting because we didn't get Ron Paul, try this:

Vote Libertarian in all of the primaries. Then vote for the most conservative candidate in the general election. In the meantime, sing the praises of the LP platform and it's candidates. This kind of approach can work and has been working. We can help keep the liberals and their destructive policies at bay while promoting the LP platform and it's candidates. Who do you think we have a better chance of changing? The GOP or the Democrats? Ron Paul obviously thinks its the GOP.

What good is it for us to be promoting LP candidates in 2014 if Obama and the Democrats have put us in a place that not even a LP President could get us out of?

Hyperbole schmyperbole.

You want to be a good little victim, that's your problem....We're supposed to be America with a 4th Amendment, not Soviet Russia with a KGB.

Goody, goody....Death by firing squad over death by hanging.

My cup runneth over. :rolleyes:

So do nothing. Fine. If I recall you did nothing in 2008 as well. So you never were really in the picture anyway.

Vote Libertarian in all of the primaries. Then vote for the most conservative candidate in the general election. In the meantime, sing the praises of the LP platform and it's candidates. This kind of approach can work and has been working. We can help keep the liberals and their destructive policies at bay while promoting the LP platform and it's candidates. Who do you think we have a better chance of changing? The GOP or the Democrats? Ron Paul obviously thinks its the GOP.

What good is it for us to be promoting LP candidates in 2014 if Obama and the Democrats have put us in a place that not even a LP President could get us out of?

It has nothing to do with pouting dumb ass, It has everything to do with I see Romney I see obama.

there will be no conservative in either of the main parties for the general election

Empty scare tactics. What are you imagining would be different if McCain had won? Nothing that matters.

There would have been half a dozen fewer nicks in the Constitution, and there wouldn't have been an ACA to drag down the economic recovery.

Unfortunately, I agree.

Nope.

That's what they say EVERY TIME the GOP loses an election. Nothing ever comes of it yet you're still expecting change?

When the GOP loses an election, they ALWAYS move more to the center and away from freedom and liberty. Always.

The differences are insignificant and not worth sacrificing an opportunity to support real change.

Nonsense. Real change starts at the bottom not the top.

Let's pretend just for a moment that a Ron Paul became president. Without several hundred more Ron Pauls in congress his entire presidency would be a lame duck.

You seek change you HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM. When will you idealists realize this? Or do you really believe congress is going to sit by and let one man strip them of their power?

Not sure what point you think you're making. We're quite aware of all this, which is why we're not particularly worried that Paul won't win. It's why we're focusing instead on gaining control of the party apparatus. You're preaching to the choir, Gramps!

But none of that argues for supporting Romney. The opposite, actually.

Hyperbole schmyperbole.

both are the same on civil liberties, foreign policy, and letting wall street run congress. the only thing they differ on is the amount and types of handouts that leaches should be able to steal from tax paying citizens.

You keep stating the similarities, whch I don't argue with, but you keep ignoring the differences, pretending they don't exist.

Forum List

Back