Will Paul voters fall in line?

Untrue.

Romney wants to repeal Obamacare, repeal =/= support.
Romney wants to cut some government programs, Obama does not.
Romney will appoint a conservative to the SCOTUS, Obama, a liberal.
Romney will approve the Keystone Pipeline, Obama won't.
Romney will cut taxes, Obama will increase them.

Need any more?
Yes....My fucking 4th Amendment liberties.

Repeal USAPATRIOT Act.
Repeal FISA and NDAA.
End ECHELON and Carnivore.
Abolosh DHS and TSA.
Throw Holder and his criminal minions into prison for Fast and Furious.

None of which Vinnie Vitalis, the police state Stalinist, will do.

I like your hyperbole. :)

By the way as I'm sure you're aware those ideas would have to originate and survive congress first. Matters not who the president is if it doesn't make it to their desk.
Hyperbole schmyperbole.

You want to be a good little victim, that's your problem....We're supposed to be America with a 4th Amendment, not Soviet Russia with a KGB.

You explained, I disagreed. Romney's record, in my opinion, indicates that he is exactly what I've been calling him, an Obama clone.

Untrue.

Need any more?

Romney says he wants to do all of this, but there's the problem. Aside from the warmongering, I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. His record in Mass. belies his rhetoric now.

Of course you don't believe it. You don't want to. I believe he will approve the Keystone Pipeline, and I also believe that he will appoint a conservative to the SCOTUS, he might not repeal Obamacare but I believe he will cut taxes and he will cut some government programs.

He is no Ron Paul, but he is not an Obama clone either.

Untrue.

Need any more?

Right... the godfather of "Obamacare" is going to lead the charge to repeal it. Wow. If Robamney can sell that, he can sell anything - I'll give him that much.

"All the people, some of the time. Some of the people all of the time." etc ...

Even if I give you Obama/Romneycare, the rest of them prove that he's not exactly an Obama clone. Which was my point.

You're a libertarian. Romney will do NOTHING to roll back the assault on personal liberties in this country over the last 10 or 15 years.

As a libertarian I would think that would be your number one priority, because without liberty we really do have nothing.

As far as fiscal, do you have any realistic expectation of Romney to persue an overhaul of our entitlement program debacle? Bush and the GOP majority didn't do a god damn thing to tackle that or a host of other conservative concerns, what makes you think THIS establishment candidate is going to be any different when it's been clear now for decades that these annointed establishment candidates don't do jack fucking SHIT to make things any better?

Repeal USAPATRIOT Act.
Repeal FISA and NDAA.
Abolosh DHS and TSA.

By the way as I'm sure you're aware those ideas would have to originate and survive congress first. Matters not who the president is if it doesn't make it to their desk.
Hyperbole schmyperbole.

You want to be a good little victim, that's your problem....We're supposed to be America with a 4th Amendment, not Soviet Russia with a KGB.

I'm not about to claim that Mitt Romney is the ideal candidate, I won't even go as far as saying he's a good candidate. I only state that he's a better choice than obama.

Untrue.

Need any more?

Right... the godfather of "Obamacare" is going to lead the charge to repeal it. Wow. If Robamney can sell that, he can sell anything - I'll give him that much.

Even if I give you Obama/Romneycare, the rest of them prove that he's not exactly an Obama clone. Which was my point.

No, they don't. These are empty claims that every candidate (including Obama) makes when whoring for votes.

Insignificant differences aside, Romney is every bit the authoritarian corporatist that Obama is. I don't see how anyone can vote for him and claim any respect for libertarian values.

Hyperbole schmyperbole.

I'm not about to claim that Mitt Romney is the ideal candidate, I won't even go as far as saying he's a good candidate. I only state that he's a better choice than obama.

I agree 100%

In fact months ago I determined all of our choices, including Paul, were shitty.

You're a libertarian. Romney will do NOTHING to roll back the assault on personal liberties in this country over the last 10 or 15 years.

Unfortunately, I agree.

As a libertarian I would think that would be your number one priority, because without liberty we really do have nothing.

And allowing obama to get a 2nd term will prevent this how?

As far as fiscal, do you have any realistic expectation of Romney to persue an overhaul of our entitlement program debacle?

Nope.

Bush and the GOP majority didn't do a god damn thing to tackle that or a host of other conservative concerns, what makes you think THIS establishment candidate is going to be any different when it's been clear now for decades that these annointed establishment candidates don't do jack fucking SHIT to make things any better?

They won't tackle it because it would be political suicide. So what is your grand plan? I voted for Ron Paul in the Florida Primary, I vote for the LP candidates every chance I get. I will continue to do so. I have watched the popularity of the LP platform and it's candidates grow over the years. I will continue to vote LP when it makes sense to do so. Ron Paul isn't running against Obama so I can vote for Mitt Romney or Obama, or I can stay home. I choose Romney because I can't suit around and do nothing. I won't throw the baby out with the bath water. You have a better plan let's hear it.

Repeal USAPATRIOT Act.
Repeal FISA and NDAA.
Abolosh DHS and TSA.

Hyperbole schmyperbole.

The only thing I've been a victim of are my own decisions.

Hyperbole schmyperbole.

No candidate is idea, but what you are going to do is give a vote to a mirror image of obama.

No, they don't. These are empty claims that every candidate (including Obama) makes when whoring for votes.

Insignificant differences aside, Romney is every bit the authoritarian corporatist that Obama is. I don't see how anyone can vote for him and claim any respect for libertarian values.

You can't see, or you don't want to see?

Not everything that Romney claims are empty. You don't think that he will appoint a more Conservative SCOTUS justice than Obama will? You don't think that he will approve the Keystone Pipeline? Really? The SCOTUS appointment alone is reason enough to vote against Obama.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, I agree.

As far as fiscal, do you have any realistic expectation of Romney to persue an overhaul of our entitlement program debacle?

Nope.

Bush and the GOP majority didn't do a god damn thing to tackle that or a host of other conservative concerns, what makes you think THIS establishment candidate is going to be any different when it's been clear now for decades that these annointed establishment candidates don't do jack fucking SHIT to make things any better?

They won't tackle it because it would be political suicide. So what is your grand plan? I voted for Ron Paul in the Florida Primary, I vote for the LP candidates every chance I get. I will continue to do so. I have watched the popularity of the LP platform and it's candidates grow over the years. I will continue to vote LP when it makes sense to do so. Ron Paul isn't running against Obama so I can vote for Mitt Romney or Obama, or I can stay home. I choose Romney because I can't suit around and do nothing. I won't throw the baby out with the bath water. You have a better plan let's hear it.

My better plan is letting the GOP see what it stands to lose by alienating liberty minded issues. Since I only see any actual difference between Obama and Romney as about as insignificant as possible, I see something to be gained by Romney losing...the GOP taking its medicine and being forced to accept real freedom based ideals into their governing.

Hyperbole schmyperbole.

No candidate is idea, but what you are going to do is give a vote to a mirror image of obama.

He is not a mirror image of Obama.

Hyperbole schmyperbole.

Goody, goody....Death by firing squad over death by hanging.

My cup runneth over. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I agree.

Nope.

My better plan is letting the GOP see what it stands to lose by alienating liberty minded issues. Since I only see any actual difference between Obama and Romney as about as insignificant as possible, I see something to be gained by Romney losing...the GOP taking its medicine and being forced to accept real freedom based ideals into their governing.

That's what they say EVERY TIME the GOP loses an election. Nothing ever comes of it yet you're still expecting change?

He is not a mirror image of Obama.

The differences are insignificant and not worth sacrificing an opportunity to support real change.

Forum List

Back