Will Obamas convention be put into perspective by the jobs report that comes on Fri?

Not going to happen. Unless you see 10% unemployment, the jobs numbers just blend into the background noise of the election. The American public has moved on from worrying about 8.2, 8.3, 8.1 etc... Psychologically when barriers are crashed is when people take notice.

Yeah.....uh...no

Just you kids who have never held a real job think that....

Adults know better.

Please tell me you aren't going to be a Teacher?

I've been a logistician for over 10 years for a major hospital system in the SW. I'm going for my Masters Degree.

Adults are going to re-elect Obama in November too. Please tell me you're not going to be a political scientist when you grow up.

Honey, I am a Blue Collar Republican...I live on a budget and understand everyone has to.

I didn't vote for McCain, but I will gladly Vote for Mitt.

Your little president is going home in January......none of us want to give you anymore money Candy.

Not going to happen. Unless you see 10% unemployment, the jobs numbers just blend into the background noise of the election. The American public has moved on from worrying about 8.2, 8.3, 8.1 etc... Psychologically when barriers are crashed is when people take notice.

I bet if your one of the 8.1, 8.2, 8.3% you have not moved on from worrying.

You're right.

But as we saw with the past week; the GOP convention didn't mention Afghanistan once from the podium. We're a short-term attention span society.

I'm pretty sure that the 8.2% or thereabouts will be the new norm.

Only for losers who think that everybody owes them everything....we are coming again in November.

You're right.

But as we saw with the past week; the GOP convention didn't mention Afghanistan once from the podium. We're a short-term attention span society.

I'm pretty sure as soon as the election is over whoever wins will be setting a timetable for a full withdraw from Afghanistan I seriously doubt you will see much if anything on Afghanistan from the Democrats this week either. I'm also pretty sure if your the Democrats you don't want to be portraying 8.2% or thereabouts as the new norm.

You're right.

Only for losers who think that everybody owes them everything....we are coming again in November.

Losers? They want to know what their Country does for them? A system that helps them get a good education? A system that won't bankrupt them them when they need healthcare? You're quite a piece of pond scum.

Seriously, who was the dumbass that timed Obama's event to end with the jobs report? It really does sum up the decision making process of this administration.

If the numbers are bad any positive numbers from Obama's convention will immediately be summarily dismissed.

With the real number around 13 percent. People arent going to move on when unemployment numbers are this high. That precisely why O is mired in a negative campain and is desperately trying to deflect away from his abysmal record.

You're right.

Losers? They want to know what their Country does for them? A system that helps them get a good education? A system that won't bankrupt them them when they need healthcare? You're quite a piece of pond scum.

Yes Dickless, losers.

You are one of those who would accept 8.3 as the "New" norm.....and yes you are a loser and a taker.

It'll be the usual Obama response to the jobs report:

"Nuh-UH!! Who you gonna believe -- me, or your own lyin' eyes?"

Why don't you want to see a good jobs report? Are you a Republican whore?
I'd love to see a good jobs report. Unfortunately, the policies enacted by this President and his minions, and that you support, have precluded the possibility.

Why don't you want to see a good jobs report? Why do you insist on supporting this failure?

I'm with Gramps on this. I don't buy that the public has become numb to the jobs report. Sure some have, but I think many see it as a direct reflection of the Obama Adminastration, if the numbers are very bad, it will overshadow the convention, IMO.
As a side note, I really liked John Huntsman, he was one of the few candidates that came off as genuine to me.

Remember Columbine? Sure you do.

Remember Virginia Tech? Sure you do.

Remember the shootings at the University of Alabama? No?

Certainly you remember the most recent shooting at the University of Texas. Right?

What about Oakland?

If you're like most Americans you remember the first 2 but not the last 3. Why? Because it has become commonplace unfortunately.

In fact, according to Wikipedia; here is a list of "notable" school shootings since Virginia Tech:
Delaware State University shooting
SuccessTech Academy shooting
Louisiana Technical College shooting
Mitchell High School shooting
E.O. Green School shooting
Northern Illinois University massacre
Davidson High School Shooting
Central High School shooting
Henry Ford High School shooting
2008 University of Central Arkansas shootings
Dillard High School shooting
Henry Ford Community College shooting
Hampton University
Covina High School shooting
Wesleyan University1
Canandaigua Academy shooting
Harvard University
Larose-Cut Off Middle School shooting
Skyline College shooting
Atlanta University Center
Deer Valley High School shooting
Northern Virginia Community College
Discovery Middle School
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Deer Creek Middle School
Birney Elementary School
Ohio State University
Belleville Township HS East
University of Texas at Austin
Alisal High School
Mid-Atlantic Christian University
Kelly Elementary School
Marinette High School
Millard South High School shooting
Martinsville West Middle School
Worthing High School
Ross Elementary School
San Jose State University
Pearl City Middle School
Cape Fear High School shooting
2011 Virginia Tech shooting
Walpole Elementary School
Chardon High School shooting
Oikos University shooting
Perry Hall High School

The reason you don't know about many of them is because your sensibility to the deed has become numb. Now, if a shooting happens next week that surpasses a body count of 10 or so, you may take note. If it surpasses 20, you will notice more. If it surpasses 32 which was the tally at VA Tech; you'll notice more because it will be a record.

Thats all I'm saying. Hearing that it is 8.2, 8.1, or anything you've heard over and over, isn't going to register outrage. Hearing a sub-8 number will probably register some relief although 7.9% is still high.

You're right.

Thanks for that chuckle.

You're right.

I'm pretty sure as soon as the election is over whoever wins will be setting a timetable for a full withdraw from Afghanistan I seriously doubt you will see much if anything on Afghanistan from the Democrats this week either. I'm also pretty sure if your the Democrats you don't want to be portraying 8.2% or thereabouts as the new norm.

You're right. It's also worth mentioning that the phrase "tea party" was supposedly not mentioned from the podium either.

Yeah.....uh...no

Just you kids who have never held a real job think that....

Adults know better.

Please tell me you aren't going to be a Teacher?

I've been a logistician for over 10 years for a major hospital system in the SW. I'm going for my Masters Degree.

Adults are going to re-elect Obama in November too. Please tell me you're not going to be a political scientist when you grow up.

Honey, I am a Blue Collar Republican...I live on a budget and understand everyone has to.
Your little president is going home in January......none of us want to give you anymore money Candy.

"Blue Collar Republican"...a masochist I see.
Obama will win in November. Get used to it.

You're right.

Thanks for that chuckle.

You are quite welcome, but you won't be laughing in November.

No, just an informed, intelligent man who refuses to pay for your type of ignorance.
2010 was a foretaste...oh yes and Bammy's lead is down to .4.......get used to it.

No, just an informed, intelligent man who refuses to pay for your type of ignorance.
2010 was a foretaste...oh yes and Bammy's lead is down to .4.......get used to it.

You likely don't have any money left after paying for your own ignorance. Or do you think that Adelson and the Koch Brothers are writing checks to Romney because he's going to increase their taxes? No; just yours and mine.

You are quite welcome, but you won't be laughing in November.

Sure I will, Obama will have 4 more years and TeaPartySamurai will be on permanent hiatus. Can't wait

You are one of the few people who I've seen be genuinely confident in an Obama victory. Why are you so sure he will be reelected?

Thanks to our wonderful <sarcasm> system, Obama has about 200 electoral votes locked up before he wakes up in the morning.

HI, CA, WA, OR, ME, VT, NY CT, RI, MD, DC DE, IL, MN, NJ. That is 196. You can add in MI, WI, and PA if he's not murdering kittens in the White House rose garden. That is 242. Then you add in his campaigning and 270 is a lock.

Now add in the Romney factor. The Governor may be the worst campaigner since Mike Dukakis. His campaign has been an amateurish display of how not to position your candidate. The overseas trip that was supposed to shore up his foreign policy chops. It was one gaffe after another topped off with a trip to Poland of all places. Then the VP announcement was leaked near midnight. He picked a guy whose only notable contribution has been a budget that the Governor had to immediately disavow. The convention that was supposed to introduce him to the nation saw his being overshadowed by Clint Eastwood talking debating an empty chair and losing. And to capitalize on his supposed post convention bump; he's taking a few days off.

Seriously, who was the dumbass that timed Obama's event to end with the jobs report? It really does sum up the decision making process of this administration.

If the numbers are bad any positive numbers from Obama's convention will immediately be summarily dismissed.

Think they will talk about how we will hit 16 Trillion in Debt either right before or just as their Convention starts?

lol

Yes Dickless, losers.

You are one of those who would accept 8.3 as the "New" norm.....and yes you are a loser and a taker.

You not only have your head up your ass, but I also reject your Republican wish to have every American, other than the top 2%, working for the minimum wage. You're quite a whore.

Forum List

Back