Will Obama cooperate?

Ego? why would someone who fought to be president have an ego?

As with many things he seems to follow his predecessors leads.

Big question.
Personally I doubt it. I don't think he can swallow his ego long enough.

He'll be forced to, or he'll be forced to live by the coined phrase "lame duck." Let's face it, without cooperation, nothing will get passed. It will be his fault, and he'll see major backlash in 2012.

He said on the night he won the election that he would work with Republicans. He hasn't done it so far, but now here's the chance. We can see REAL cooperation and compromise between the two parties. If Obama is the President he wanted to be 4 years ago when he started his campaign, then he'll stop being a fucking idiot and realize that the American people do NOT want his liberal agenda. They do NOT want the Republican agenda. They want something in between, that works for EVERYBODY.

Big question.

Does it matter? What matters is he has been stopped dead in his tracks

And thank God for that.
If he clams up and pouts for the next 2 years...the pubs will win the White House...but even knowing that, I don't think Obama has it in him to compromise,

I think I heard on tv that they have him on sucide watch... I think that's what I heard. I could be wrong.

Big question.

Did the GOP cooperate for the last two years?

fxxk the GOP. Let them try to shut down the government, they still are not a majority of the two branches and may never be again.

And I am not even a partisan!

Remember wingnuts, the nation still detests the GOP slightly more than they detest the dems.

Neither party could win if it required majority approval.

Big question.

He'll be forced to, or he'll be forced to live by the coined phrase "lame duck." Let's face it, without cooperation, nothing will get passed. It will be his fault, and he'll see major backlash in 2012.

He said on the night he won the election that he would work with Republicans. He hasn't done it so far, but now here's the chance. We can see REAL cooperation and compromise between the two parties. If Obama is the President he wanted to be 4 years ago when he started his campaign, then he'll stop being a fucking idiot and realize that the American people do NOT want his liberal agenda. They do NOT want the Republican agenda. They want something in between, that works for EVERYBODY.

What compromise do you suggest? The next two yeas are the year of no compromise. The republicans might as well compromise with the devil

Big question.

He said on the night he won the election that he would work with Republicans. He hasn't done it so far, but now here's the chance.

You belong in a nuthouse!

Big question.

Best post of the night bar-none.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Big question.

What compromise do you suggest? The next two yeas are the year of no compromise. The republicans might as well compromise with the devil

If the Republicans won't compromise, they are no better than Obama and the Democrats. It's time for BOTH parties to put up or shut, and this election gives them the chance. Want to stop forcing fringe agendas? Fucking do it. Otherwise, serve your term by accomplishing NOTHING and get voted out.

If the Republicans won't compromise, they are no better than Obama and the Democrats. It's time for BOTH parties to put up or shut, and this election gives them the chance. Want to stop forcing fringe agendas? Fucking do it. Otherwise, serve your term by accomplishing NOTHING and get voted out.

Political speeches being hot air setting aside...I have listened to 5 acceptance speeches so far - and everyone of them mentioned working with the President to make compromises.
Let's hope.
I will take 2 years of stagnation compared to the last 2 years, but we need real work done.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
I will take 2 years of stagnation compared to the last 2 years, but we need real work done.

Exactly. Worst case scenario? Nothing gets done because both houses of Congress stalemate and Obama is forced to Veto anything that he doesn't like, while nothing he likes makes it to his desk. That's still better than what we have now.

Best case scenario? These elected officials do what they were fucking elected to do and make policies that benefit all the people.

As I asked what compromise are you talking about? compromise with obamacare? some of the other obama agendas? Nothing obama signed into law was good for American everything he did must be gutted. The door must be slammed shut, or the infringment's will still be on the books even if they are watered down.

As I asked what compromise are you talking about? compromise with obamacare? some of the other obama agendas? Nothing obama signed into law was good for American everything he did must be gutted. The door must be slammed shut, or the infringment's will still be on the books even if they are watered down.

I disagree. There are certain provisions in the health care bill that have promise. There were many other provisions, like litigation/tort reform, that Republicans called for to help mitigate health care costs. Of course, that would cut into Obama's lawyer buddies' pockets, so he stuck his fingers in his ears.

I disagree. There are certain provisions in the health care bill that have promise. There were many other provisions, like litigation/tort reform, that Republicans called for to help mitigate health care costs. Of course, that would cut into Obama's lawyer buddies' pockets, so he stuck his fingers in his ears.

You don't get it Jon. The government has open the door to your privacy. If it is kept on te books they will be able to amend it at any given time. anything on the books no matter how water down they ar right now leaves an openning for the government to come in and continue with what we have had for the last 4 years.

Big question.

Does it matter? What matters is he has been stopped dead in his tracks

How has Obama been stopped? There were only two issues, get out of Iraq, and start National Health Care. Everything else is just fluff & frosting. Obama can squeeze the rep balls until they cry in pain, and has more power available than a full load of congressmen.

So come out of your dream state, find solid ground instead of fantasyland, and go feed the Unicorns, they are looking hungry.:lol:

You don't get it Jon. The government has open the door to your privacy. If it is kept on te books they will be able to amend it at any given time. anything on the books no matter how water down they ar right now leaves an openning for the government to come in and continue with what we have had for the last 4 years.

I don't follow. Then again, I don't typically stay up to date on pointless fringe issues. I focus on what matters.

Forum List

Back