Will Newt Gingrich ask Rick Perry to run for vice president?

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is reportedly considering asking Texas Governor and former Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich to join him on the campaign trail as a candidate for vice president.

According to Fox News, Gingrich aides are reportedly in talks with Mr. Perry about a potential Gingrich-Perry ticket, which would be announced before the Republican National Convention in August. Both representatives for Mr. Perry and Mr. Gingrich denied the reports, saying no such talks have taken place.
<more>

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is reportedly considering asking Texas Governor and former Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich to join him on the campaign trail as a candidate for vice president.

According to Fox News, Gingrich aides are reportedly in talks with Mr. Perry about a potential Gingrich-Perry ticket, which would be announced before the Republican National Convention in August. Both representatives for Mr. Perry and Mr. Gingrich denied the reports, saying no such talks have taken place.
<more>

Sounds like left wing bat squeeze. :eek:

Get used to this phrase: "President-Elect Romney". Romney will win the nomination. Romney will then beat Obama in the general election. It won't be close. Obama stinks.

<more>

Really? It comes from Free Republic. Fox reported on it.

<more>

Not surprising at all. I can not count the times that a story was initiated on the left and the right ran with the story.

It also wouldnt surprise me if it originated on the right from a current opposition camp.

Politics is a dirty game. The parties trade or steal the others Ideas all the time.

<more>

At this point, the idea of a Gingrich running mate is an exercise in futility. He is not going to be the nominee.

Not surprising at all. I can not count the times that a story was initiated on the left and the right ran with the story.

It also wouldnt surprise me if it originated on the right from a current opposition camp.

Politics is a dirty game. The parties trade or steal the others Ideas all the time.
Would Romney select Perry, or Newt? Not likely; L. Graham, MAYBE.

<more>

At this point, the idea of a Gingrich running mate is an exercise in futility. He is not going to be the nominee.

Actually, he could be.

The odds are in favor of Romney -- and possibly even Santorum -- at present.

BUT, even so, it is premature to count anyone out.

Except Ron Paul. He's toast. :D

As much as I would like to see Newt get the GOP nomination, I just don't think it's going to happen. I think he would be a better President than any of the other GOP candidates but he has too much baggage and people have stepped away from him. Therefore, it's sort of a mute point to ask anybody to be his running mate.

I see Newt is still desperately trying to make headlines. No doubt there are still some small minded Neocons out there that will listen and think the man is a genius for being able to talk into a microphone.

As much as I would like to see Newt get the GOP nomination, I just don't think it's going to happen. I think he would be a better President than any of the other GOP candidates but he has too much baggage and people have stepped away from him. Therefore, it's sort of a mute point to ask anybody to be his running mate.

For Newt it’s about damage control to help him sell books and speeches later, he never had an intension of leading the country as when he was speaker he did a shit job of it. This election is destroying him, he needs to get a cult following so they will buy books.

<more>

Look if Newt doesn't come in very big tomorrow in Miss & Alabama- & Romney comes in last place in both of these states---this race is basically over for both Gingrich and Santorum. The math is just not there for either of them to win--and I believe both Perry and Gingrich when they say there is no discussion on this issue.

And as you all know Gingrich has been my favorite from the very beginning of this primary.

<more>

Actually, he could be.

LOL, Nuts for Newtie I see..

man, I really hope Paul runs third party and helps destory the Republican Progressive movement in the Republican party.

Actually, he could be.

man, I really hope Paul runs third party and helps destory the Republican Progressive movement in the Republican party.

Zzz.

No. Not nuts for any of them. So you don't "see" shit.

Nothing new there.

But you idiots would eagerly go down on The One and gleefully toss his salad because you guys are nuts for the Fraud in Chief.

I don't think anybody can "destory" the GOP. You illiterate fuckwit.

Actually, he could be.

Zzz.

Nothing new there.

But you idiots would eagerly go down on The One and gleefully toss his salad because you guys are nuts for the Fraud in Chief.

The GOP is done, we all know it.

Zzz.

Nothing new there.

The GOP is done, we all know it.

No. We don't. YOU might believe it.

Might.

But nobody "knows" it.

IF the liberal Democrat Parody does prevail, though, the Republic might be done.

Forum List

Back