Will less Americans be able to afford heating bills this winter?

Now is the time to be long on LNG stocks.
I went long on oil during the Pandemic when the price of oil crashed. I got very lucky with my timing.

Now that I think about it, despite paying more at the pump, I was kind of rooting for higher oil prices.

I suppose your tip is a possible way to hedge against increased energy costs. If the utility bill goes up, well so does the stock, and vice-versa.

I went long on oil during the Pandemic when the price of oil crashed. I got very lucky with my timing.

Now that I think about it, despite paying more at the pump, I was kind of rooting for higher oil prices.

I suppose your tip is a possible way to hedge against increased energy costs. If the utility bill goes up, well so does the stock, and vice-versa.
ET, EPD, USAC, MMP, EPD... the LNG demand is great!

If one is making under $40k per year that should qualify for assistance. That's poverty.
Federal poverty level is about $14k per year for a household of one.

I help out a disabled guy whose income is lower than that. His utilities are included in his rent, and he gets rental assistance.

Anyone making $40k who can't afford $5 per day for their utility bill might want to give up their cell phone and eating meals out. I don't mean that to be rude, just practical.

We can't expect "the government" to pay for everything. They don't really pay for anything; they make other people pay for people they do not even know.

Food, clothing, shelter, it used to be. Now it's heat and hot water, and yes, even Obamaphones for the truly disabled (my friend has one - his phone is better than mine and free, and I have tons of money. :))

Average Social Security benefit in 2022 is about $19k, less than half of your number.

I don't see why abled people making even $30k per year should expect others to pay for their heat. Sorry. Some changes in lifestyle may be required, and I am not talking about giving up heat.

Regards,
Jim

Do you think Joe Biden is responsible for the worldwide increase in gas prices????? If gas prices are going up everywhere, why do YOU blame Biden for it. Only an idiot would look at this and blame Joe Biden.

Natural gas has gone up all over the world. My gas bill went up by 1/3 this year.
Of course our government controls the price. Thee most powerful nation in the world. The nation that has it's military across the world protecting oil producing countries and the routes the oil travels on.

Of course the government sitting on the world's largest reserves controls the price.

Our government controls the dollar, which the entire world uses to buy and sell oil.

We are the largest market for oil.

Only an idiot would not blame Biden who on his first day in office issued an executive order, dictating everything trump did must be undone.

Trump was negotiating to sell europe all the natural gas they needed, right from our shores. Biden undid all that, where is Biden and the Democrat's plan to help Europe, increasing our exports?????

Of course our government controls the price. Thee most powerful nation in the world. The nation that has it's military across the world protecting oil producing countries and the routes the oil travels on.

Of course the government sitting on the world's largest reserves controls the price.

Our government controls the dollar, which the entire world uses to buy and sell oil.

We are the largest market for oil.

Only an idiot would not blame Biden who on his first day in office issued an executive order, dictating everything trump did must be undone.

Trump was negotiating to sell europe all the natural gas they needed, right from our shores. Biden undid all that, where is Biden and the Democrat's plan to help Europe, increasing our exports?????

Well if that's what YOU believe, there is no hope for you because none what YOU believe is true.

NOTHING Donald Trump told you is true.

Back in the day I would move my bed into the living room for the winter as my bedroom was poorly insulated. I also closed off my laundry room (which I still do). Saved a chunk.

NOTHING Donald Trump told you is true.
America is not the greatest country?
America can be great again?
America's inner cities can be made safe?
America will have cheap energy, fuel, gas?
America will produce all it's own food?
America will keep it's jobs?
America will no longer give weapons technology to China?

America is not the greatest country?
America can be great again?
America's inner cities can be made safe?
America will have cheap energy, fuel, gas?
America will produce all it's own food?
America will keep it's jobs?
America will no longer give weapons technology to China?

Trump said America wasn't great.. He said he was going to "Make America Great Again". If it were already great, he wouldn't had to make it great.

Now you're saying it's not great now.

They can be made safe, but not without restricting gun ownership.

The USA already has the cheapest gas and fuel in the first world. You've already missed the opportunity to have the cheapest clean energy in North America or the world. Canada is beating you on that score.

It can, but without cheap illegal labour, the price will go up.

Not unless it starts to provide a decent education and adequate technical training to workers. The 21st Century jobs in NA are moving to Canada because your chintzing on your workers' educations and fighting stupid battles over CRT and "grooming", while the rest of us teach kids about climate science, and the latest technologies to prepare them for 21st Century jobs.

The USA keeps rowing in circles, undoing everything previous administrations have done, crashing the economy every time a Republican is in office. There are only so many times you can patch it up and put it back on the road.

Forum List

Back