Will Killers or Gang Bangers follow gun control laws?

Will gun control laws keep criminals from obtaining guns?

• Total voters
It seems that Bill of rights magically became Bill of Privileges, because you say so.

And how much leftists care about rights, and about the constitution can ask Japanese-Americans in 1942.

I'm sorry, was there a right wing lawyer who ran out and said, "No, no, you can't lock up these poor people?"

Of course there wasn't. If anything, the right wingers just wanted to lynch anyone with slanted eyes.

But to my point, the fact is, we have a whole long history of people ignoring the bill of rights. It's kind of why the courts have to step in from time to time to say, "Um, no, you can't do that, no matter how popular it is."

Apparently today is Stupid Poll Day. Not a manner of whether they will follow gun control laws or they don't --- NRA Sucker.

But if they're guilty of a felony and can't go to Armslist or any of a dozen other sites or a gun show in around 22 states and buy from an unlicensed seller .. it will make it tougher on them to find their preferred implement of destruction.

That is already a law. Do you think that banning a weapon is going to stop school shootings or what? Answer the question or GTFO.

I already answered that stupid question in Murky's poll. And NO - that is NOT already a law. In around half the states, a convicted felon can go online or to a show and buy a gun from an unlicensed dealer with no BG check.

Time to stroke another check to cover Wayne's 4 million dollar bonus - GO! :)

I'm confused

Why would a criminal follow the law and obtain a B/G check?

-Geaux

/ I corrected my typo. And the generals would line up 100 men to fire at once. The volley could vaporize their enemies. Ever see any re-enactments of battles up through the civil war?

We weren't talking about the Civil War, we were talking about the Revolutionary War.

To put in in perspective, the entire fatalities in 8 years of the Revolutionary War was 37,000 on the America side. We lose that many to gun violence every year.

The fact you had to line up hundreds of them to be effective was why militias had to be "Well-Regulated". as in "not one crazy guy with enough firepower to take out a school!"
/——-/ As weapons improved, they required fewer men. The development of rapid fire guns was already underway when the Constitution was written. Google the Pucker gun. They also had canister shot. So go peddle you gun grabbing bs somewhere else.

As weapons improved, they required fewer men. The development of rapid fire guns was already underway when the Constitution was written. Google the Pucker gun. They also had canister shot. So go peddle you gun grabbing bs somewhere else.

Yes, they really did improve military technology. It's why you shouldn't let guys like Nikolas Cruz get ahold of it, because he isn't "Well-Regulated".

see how that works, buddy?

We don't need collections of guys with muskets to ward off invasions anymore. so there's really no good reason to have everyone armed.

As weapons improved, they required fewer men. The development of rapid fire guns was already underway when the Constitution was written. Google the Pucker gun. They also had canister shot. So go peddle you gun grabbing bs somewhere else.

Yes, they really did improve military technology. It's why you shouldn't let guys like Nikolas Cruz get ahold of it, because he isn't "Well-Regulated".

see how that works, buddy?

We don't need collections of guys with muskets to ward off invasions anymore. so there's really no good reason to have everyone armed.
/——/ you gun grabbers always omit the part that comes after well regulated militia. Why is that? A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, >>>>>>>>>> the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

you gun grabbers always omit the part that comes after well regulated militia. Why is that? A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, >>>>>>>>>> the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Because once you don't need a militia anymore, you don't need the people to have guns anymore, either.

Today we have professional Armies and Police Forces, we don't need militias, so we don't need every yahoo out there with a gun.

Up until Heller, it was understood that the Militia part of that amendment meant gun ownership should be regulated based on actual need and public safety.

you gun grabbers always omit the part that comes after well regulated militia. Why is that? A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, >>>>>>>>>> the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Because once you don't need a militia anymore, you don't need the people to have guns anymore, either.

Today we have professional Armies and Police Forces, we don't need militias, so we don't need every yahoo out there with a gun.

Up until Heller, it was understood that the Militia part of that amendment meant gun ownership should be regulated based on actual need and public safety.
/——-/ The National Guard is the Militia, you big dummy. Their mission is to maintain properly trained and equipped units, available for prompt mobilization for war, national emergency, or as otherwise needed. The Army National Guard is a partner with the Active Army and the Army Reserves in fulfilling the country's military needs. And it will take more than your gun grabbing opinion to change: “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The National Guard is the Militia, you big dummy. Their mission is to maintain properly trained and equipped units, available for prompt mobilization for war, national emergency, or as otherwise needed. The Army National Guard is a partner with the Active Army and the Army Reserves in fulfilling the country's military needs. And it will take more than your gun grabbing opinion to change: “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

NO, that national guard is a reserve of the Army. It is well regulated. The weapons are all kept in a vault, and the ammo isn't issued until it is needed for training. In short, they realized a bunch of guys showing up with guns didn't work, and they did it the right way.

We don't need a militia anymore, so we don't need privately owned guns.

Not to say that we shouldn't let people have guns for recreation or such. (They are useless for self-defense, where they create their own problem) But we should only do that AFTER we have made sure that the person who owns the gun is responsible, if at all.

Apparently today is Stupid Poll Day. Not a manner of whether they will follow gun control laws or they don't --- NRA Sucker.

But if they're guilty of a felony and can't go to Armslist or any of a dozen other sites or a gun show in around 22 states and buy from an unlicensed seller .. it will make it tougher on them to find their preferred implement of destruction.

That is already a law. Do you think that banning a weapon is going to stop school shootings or what? Answer the question or GTFO.

I already answered that stupid question in Murky's poll. And NO - that is NOT already a law. In around half the states, a convicted felon can go online or to a show and buy a gun from an unlicensed dealer with no BG check.

I'm confused

-Geaux

They won't.

But maybe we can make it harder for them to buy from private sellers and straw buyers once we tighten things up on the internet & at gun shows and start actually enforcing straw buyer laws?

Yeah that's it! :rolleyes:

I'm confused

-Geaux

They won't.

But maybe we can make it harder for them to buy from private sellers and straw buyers once we tighten things up on the internet & at gun shows and start actually enforcing straw buyer laws?

/——/ Maybe we can regulated guns the way we regulate opioids. There were only 63,000 opioid deaths in 2016. Yeah that’s the ticket.

I'm confused

-Geaux

They won't.

/——/ Maybe we can regulated guns the way we regulate opioids. There were only 63,000 opioid deaths in 2016. Yeah that’s the ticket.

Your weak subject change and comparison aside - Perhaps you should talk to big pharma and the doctors who enabled them. A VERY small percentage of that crap was brought over by Mexican rapists. :eusa_doh:

I'm confused

-Geaux

They won't.

Your weak subject change and comparison aside - Perhaps you should talk to big pharma and the doctors who enabled them. A VERY small percentage of that crap was brought over by Mexican rapists. :eusa_doh:
/----/ I didn't change subjects. I offered a solution to regulating guns. You just don't' like your agenda being exposed. But since you brought it up, what does Big Pharam and doctors have to do with people using abusing? I went to doctors my entire life and not one ever suggested I start snorting cocaine. Maybe your doctor did.

Criminals don't care about the law, they only care about not getting caught for breaking it.

The question I'd like to ask is, can Congress create law that infringe our right?

The answer is - NO.

There are no rights. There are only privileges society thinks you should have. Any fool who thinks he has "Rights' needs to look up "Japanese-Americans, 1942"

The real question is, will the 78% of us who don't own guns and have no use for them get sick and tired of the 3% who are stockpiling guns like the Zombies are coming? (Somewhere in between there are 18% who own maybe one gun, and aren't fanatics about it. They don't want their kids going to school with Nikolas Cruz, either.)

If they don't like guns, fine... two thirds of both houses of Congress, propose the amendment, have it ratified by three fourths of the States and amend the Constitution. Stop treating Constitution like shit by going around it.

Again, WE DON'T NEED TO DO THAT. "Well Regulated Militia". That means the government can determine who can buy a gun, what kind of gun he can own, and if he has a real need for it.

The bizarre interpretation that gun ownership was a "right" is a relatively new one.
.How do we know your not a foreign agent operating to try and disarm a country by spewing your constant bullcrap here or elsewhere for that matter upon the social media networks upon the web ???? Let me make this clear to you or anyone else whom operates like you - We won't give up our guns, and the only way we will is if they are taken from us after we are dead.

The use of human carnage carried out by mentally deranged individuals isn't going to be used by Demon-crats to try and dis-arm the citizens, because it won't work. Now if the Demon-crats & republican's come up with a plan to surgically remove the gun's from the bad guy's in this country, then we are all for that, and as far as the mentally ill go, well they will be looked at for signs of their conditions, identified, and hopefully appropriate treatment will be given in each case as is needed.
This is a truly ignorant and idiotic post.

No one is trying to ‘disarm’ the country – this is yet another ridiculous rightwing lie.

You're a goddam liar.
Funny chit coming from a Trump lover. You assholes love liars.

How many guns have the Democrats taken from you?

Please vote in the poll. Do you think that killers or gang members will follow ANY gun control laws? Do you think that gun control laws would make it more difficult for a criminal to obtain a weapon?

Have they so far? A better question would be to ask for a specific time or place where any fun legislation did anything to stop any gun crime? Some will say when they taxed machine guns, but that did nothing to stop murders with full auto weapons. Matter of fact, it was the criminals who elected to give up the public killings with The Tommy gun, not the tax. They didn’t want the press that came with the act. This is why you don’t see allot of shootings In places like Japan. Using the gun would bring to much heat and killing people is easy enough in most cases you don’t need a gun.

Tokyo subway sarin attack - Wikipedia

In five coordinated attacks, the perpetrators released sarin on three lines of the present-day Tokyo Metro (then part of the Tokyo subway) during rush hour, killing 12 people, severely injuring 50 and causing temporary vision problems for nearly 5,000 others. The attack was directed against trains passing through Kasumigaseki and Nagatachō, home to the Japanese government. Until the Myojo 56 building fire on September 1, 2001, it was the deadliest incident to occur in Japan since the end of World War II.

So yeah, in a way the laws may help change the type of killing, but not likely. Thugs aren’t the issue anyway, crazy teenagers are. Look to Chicago for your questions answers.

Criminals don't care about the law, they only care about not getting caught for breaking it.

The question I'd like to ask is, can Congress create law that infringe our right?

The answer is - NO.

There are no rights. There are only privileges society thinks you should have. Any fool who thinks he has "Rights' needs to look up "Japanese-Americans, 1942"

The real question is, will the 78% of us who don't own guns and have no use for them get sick and tired of the 3% who are stockpiling guns like the Zombies are coming? (Somewhere in between there are 18% who own maybe one gun, and aren't fanatics about it. They don't want their kids going to school with Nikolas Cruz, either.)

If they don't like guns, fine... two thirds of both houses of Congress, propose the amendment, have it ratified by three fourths of the States and amend the Constitution. Stop treating Constitution like shit by going around it.

Again, WE DON'T NEED TO DO THAT. "Well Regulated Militia". That means the government can determine who can buy a gun, what kind of gun he can own, and if he has a real need for it.

The bizarre interpretation that gun ownership was a "right" is a relatively new one.
.How do we know your not a foreign agent operating to try and disarm a country by spewing your constant bullcrap here or elsewhere for that matter upon the social media networks upon the web ???? Let me make this clear to you or anyone else whom operates like you - We won't give up our guns, and the only way we will is if they are taken from us after we are dead.

The use of human carnage carried out by mentally deranged individuals isn't going to be used by Demon-crats to try and dis-arm the citizens, because it won't work. Now if the Demon-crats & republican's come up with a plan to surgically remove the gun's from the bad guy's in this country, then we are all for that, and as far as the mentally ill go, well they will be looked at for signs of their conditions, identified, and hopefully appropriate treatment will be given in each case as is needed.
This is a truly ignorant and idiotic post.

No one is trying to ‘disarm’ the country – this is yet another ridiculous rightwing lie.

You're a goddam liar.
Funny chit coming from a Trump lover. You assholes love liars.

How many guns have the Democrats taken from you?
/-----/ The downside of living in a Blue State is that it's near impossible to buy a gun so the democRATs can take it away. So how many times have you been shot or shot at with an AR15?
guns make us less safe.jpg

Just so long as we conservatives understand (I think we all do), this is not about the left getting or stopping criminals (brown on brown murders with guns) or "safety." The sheep of their marxist gods dont get it and they are so easily manipulated by the emotional propaganda put out by the media etc.

This is about tearing apart the constitution piece by piece. This is about ushering the new world order for the one world government. This is about going after law abiding rural fly over America. Period.

All of their arguments about every subject are lies, cliches and manipulations designed to seduce the gullible and or soft natured people.

I'm confused

-Geaux

They won't.

/----/ I didn't change subjects. I offered a solution to regulating guns. You just don't' like your agenda being exposed. But since you brought it up, what does Big Pharam and doctors have to do with people using abusing? I went to doctors my entire life and not one ever suggested I start snorting cocaine. Maybe your doctor did.

Now your comparing prescriptions for Oxycontin to prescriptions for cocaine? Man - that's a stretch!

Prescription Addiction: Big Pharma and the Opioid Epidemic

I'm confused

-Geaux

They won't.

Now your comparing prescriptions for Oxycontin to prescriptions for cocaine? Man - that's a stretch!

/----/ You never mentioned Oxy, but I understand your need to modify your original post.

They won't.

/----/ You never mentioned Oxy, but I understand your need to modify your original post.

LoL - and doctors don't subscribe the other crap as well?

Pharmaceutical companies took advantage of this concern. Through a big marketing campaign, they got doctors to prescribe products like OxyContin and Percocet in droves — even though the evidence for opioids treating long-term, chronic pain is very weak(despite their effectiveness for short-term, acute pain), while the evidence that opioids cause harm in the long term is very strong.​

In one year, drug overdoses killed more Americans than the entire Vietnam War did

Forum List

Back