Will Impeachment Wreck the Ds in the 2020 Election?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
First off there is zero probability of conviction in the senate prior to the 2020 election.

When Barr goes after coupists there is a decent probability that the coupists will roll over on House Ds

And not following the procedures of previous impeachments at least looks crooked.

Given the D debates so far anyone who thinks they have any chance at a viable candidate beyond their automatic base of stuffed ballot boxes is not dealing with reality. Your opinion?

First off there is zero probability of conviction in the senate prior to the 2020 election.

When Barr goes after coupists there is a decent probability that the coupists will roll over on House Ds

And not following the procedures of previous impeachments at least looks crooked.

Given the D debates so far anyone who thinks they have any chance at a viable candidate beyond their automatic base of stuffed ballot boxes is not dealing with reality. Your opinion?

I'm not sold on Barr holding anyone accountable and that all we will get from the coup investigations is more training and changes in procedures yada yada...it will be excused with we are not going after anyone because we couldn't get a conviction, and we are unable to prove intent.

I think the intention of the Barr investigation is to cancel out the impeachment investigation, and Barr will only go as far as he thinks needed.

They are politicians. Guess who they pal around with and have lunch with and hit bar the with at the end of the day? No, they will not convict each other. Be lucky to get a censhure.

Right, impeach Trump, piss off Republicans and independents so they turn out in droves and obliterate Dem's brilliant plan. :auiqs.jpg:

Yes. They will be destroyed for misusing their Impeachment Power as an underhanded electoral strategy that fools no one.

Swing Voters In Ohio Focus Group Slam Democrats – Say Impeachment Is Distraction From Important Issues

They are doing NOTHING else.

I'm not sold on Barr holding anyone accountable and that all we will get from the coup investigations is more training and changes in procedures yada yada...it will be excused with we are not going after anyone because we couldn't get a conviction, and we are unable to prove intent.

I think the intention of the Barr investigation is to cancel out the impeachment investigation, and Barr will only go as far as he thinks needed.

Its not just Barr's investigation, there are other investigations, such as Huber, Durham, and Horowitz. They all will probably not come up empty. Its very important to answer the question: did the Obama administration mis-use the intel agencies, the DOJ, and the FBI to defeat Trump, and then have an "insurance policy" such as the Mueller Investigation, to tie Trump up in the unlikely event he won the 2016 election? It seems fairly obvious that the deep state did in-fact plot coup attempts to remove Trump. Now its Trump's turn at bat.

I'm returning to my personal political theory after being hoodwinked by the political polls in 2016. I don't see impeachment as a major factor and will go back to my pre-Trump nomination thought that we'll give Republicans their full 8 years since 4 years will not prove sufficient to offsetting how far left the country moved during the Obama years.

If this Louisiana election is an indicator yes.

Yup. After all, Barr is just another swamp critter himself.

upload_2019-10-16_12-13-57.png

upload_2019-10-16_12-14-48.png

I agree and in this sense Barr could be a key player. It's time to disarm the Mexican standoff not push it to its finale. There's no question but that the laws have been broken everywhere by scores of people.

It's not possible to prosecute and incarcerate all of those who are guilty because there wouldn't be anyone left in the government on either side of the line. More important than anything else is to stop the cannibalism and try to salvage whatever can be salvaged of a Bipartisan process. If that doesn't work I shudder to think of where we are actually heading.

Jo

View attachment 284750

View attachment 284751

I do agree, I just feel the storm will come to favor "them" not "us". In the end, I don't believe anyone will go to jail. Matter of fact, they will gain from all this. They will get cushy consultant jobs at alphabet networks, they will do $100,000 speeches at universities, they will sell movie rights and so on. Ultimately, the goal of those in government, no matter what side, blue or red is to enrich them selves, nothing more. That said, I hate the blue side more and I hope it go's badly for them.

Its not just Barr's investigation, there are other investigations, such as Huber, Durham, and Horowitz. They all will probably not come up empty. Its very important to answer the question: did the Obama administration mis-use the intel agencies, the DOJ, and the FBI to defeat Trump, and then have an "insurance policy" such as the Mueller Investigation, to tie Trump up in the unlikely event he won the 2016 election? It seems fairly obvious that the deep state did in-fact plot coup attempts to remove Trump. Now its Trump's turn at bat.

I'm not holding out hope on Barr, Huber, Horowitz or Durham holding anyone accountable. We have already seen where they have let people off for leaking and perjury. It doesn't help that elected republicans with the exception of a few are unwilling to fight against illegal spying and corruption from the FBI/CIA.

Impeachment will not phase the Trumpybear base. I bet he could shoot Nancy and they'd not only support him, but also would want to give him the Congressional Medal of Honor.

2020 depends on how well Trumpybear and his allies, here and abroad, can manufacture the appearance of corruption in the opponent. Just like they did in 2016.

Forum List

Back