Will ex Hillary supporters really support a more conservative court?

To all of you who have your selfish reasons for supporting one person or another, think about this. Who is better for your children, for your grandchildren?
Think about the people who aren't old enough to vote yet. Your nieces and nephews, your friend's kids, your neighbors' kids, all those little ones running around free now that school's out. Because if we don't think about them now, by the time they're our age, there might not be anything worth fighting for anymore.

I choose [scroll down for an exciting answer]

Barack Obama!

I guess we just disagree. Does that make my reasoning selfish?

ReillyT,

It depends on what your reasoning is. If you chose Obama because he's black, male, or simply because everyone in your area supports him, then yes, it is selfish. But if your reasoning has to do with his policies and what you think is better for the children of America, then no it is not.

ReillyT,

It depends on what your reasoning is. If you chose Obama because he's black, male, or simply because everyone in your area supports him, then yes, it is selfish. But if your reasoning has to do with his policies and what you think is better for the children of America, then no it is not.

I'm gold, although I admit that I do like that he is black.

Are you black, or do you just like the idea of a black guy being president?

I like the idea of a black guy being President, although I am voting for him primarily because he represents Democratic principles.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a black guy being President, although I am voting for him primarily because he represents Democratic principles.

Nice edit. ;)

Ferraro was right after all.

Not that there's anything wrong with feeling the way you do.

HA!

fararro was RIGHT?!?!

HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

yea, Ravi.. thats gotta be one of my favorite stupid fucking posts of yours.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

she said FARARRO was right!

oh man, im gonna be chuckling at this for the rest of my day.

So by distancing himself you say all is well?

If bin Laden came to America, joins a Christian church, gets baptised, and says he's given up his extremist way, are you going to forgive him, too?

You're fucking stupid. Period.

No, by distancing himself that makes those people not his "closest advisors" and makes your statement a lie in yet another way.

HA!

fararro was RIGHT?!?!

HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

yea, Ravi.. thats gotta be one of my favorite stupid fucking posts of yours.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

she said FARARRO was right!

oh man, im gonna be chuckling at this for the rest of my day.

Yep, she was right about Obama's luck in being a black, democratic candidate for president.

Are you saying being black led Obama to the stupid choice of pastors? Or made him throw him and his church under the bus?

I'm saying that being black your significantly more likely to have to deal with issues of race, which is what Wright represented.

Yep, she was right about Obama's luck in being a black, democratic candidate for president.

indeed, feel free to miss the irony of her opinion while the vagina vote bleeds out it's anger that a woman wasn't elected as the dem nominee.

I'm saying that being black your significantly more likely to have to deal with issues of race, which is what Wright represented.

Um, he picked his church and his pastor.

So unless you're saying he cynically picked him/it then I don't know what you're saying.

Um, he picked his church and his pastor.

So unless you're saying he cynically picked him/it then I don't know what you're saying.

Ravir...Black churches that talk about issues tend to talk about racial issues. Racial issues, for some reason, are quite important to most blacks. Being on the receiving end of discrimination isn't fun, and when one is, one tends to get emotional about it.

The point is succeeding in a country which is racist against you, banding together is sometimes the only way to thrive. Banding together by race is seen as racist in mainstream America. Obama wouldn't have had to deal issues like Wright. Trinity United is the Church in Chicago for the black elite. They are businessmen, politicians, the black power players in Chicago. Show me a Church of white power players, or mixed power players that encorporates race in America. None do.

Further look at the emphasis on his middle name. Look at the lies being spread that he is Muslim. He wasn't helped in this campaign because he was black, it very nearly destroyed him.

Well, there is an element of truth to what she says, but she generalizes and simplifies the issue to such an extent that the argument ceases to be true as a whole. It is certainly true that being black helps Obama electorally among certain populations, namely blacks and some young whites. However, being black hurts him among other populations and tends to drown out his message as the discussion becomes about racial politics (thanks Geralidine).

Clinton gets many of the same benefits and difficulties for being a woman. It certainly helps her among certain groups and hurts her among others. Ferraro doesn't seem to get this fact and tends to qualify Obama's earned successes and appeal merely as the result of being black, which is ludicrous.

Forum List

Back