Will America Adopt AZs New Immigration Law?

AZ's new law is COMPLETELY UN-NECESSARY in AZ and throughout the US, you see, we tolerate illegal immigration because we depend on it. Making the new law national would do less than nothing, unless we resolved to actually enforce it, which we wouldn't.

Grandstanding fellas, get over it. Yes I've seen the childish signs in my neighborhood that say "AZ was right!" -- Grow up and get a grip.

I doubt it. We seem far closer to doing away with the idea of a border altogether than enforcing immigration law.

You may be right about the lack of government support, but the people already have shown their support. But, still, sadly, you may be right in that our current administration could very well go against the wishes of the majority of this country and open up the borders just as you predict.

They can blame it on manpower. They can blame it on lack of funding. There are probably many other things they can blame it on...but if they want something bad enough, (I.E. - Healthcare Reform) nothing will stop them. In this case, they don't want it, so they continue to make excuses.

Every conservative state that has politicians who don't need to rely on the Hispanic vote in order to be re-elected will.

Unfortunately, that doesn't leave very many. Obviously, none of the northern liberal states will adopt a bill similar to Arizona's, and in the conservative south-east, illegal immigration isn't that much of a problem (except for possibly Florida.)

In states such as Florida or Texas, if you alienate the Hispanic voters, you're not goign to get re-elected. Someone like Rick Perry needed to come out against the legislation, otherwise his career would have been in major jeopardy.

Correction:

What DC will do is threaten to withhold Federal Funding to such states for the morass of Federal mandated programs forced on the states in order to blackmail them into giving up on enforcing immigration laws.

Got proof? Has this already been stated by the WH? Obama has already stepped in doo-doo on this one. I can't believe he would go even farther.
Its kind off the same stick they always use .
Obama is all in on open borders and amnesty ,he doest have a nose for politics.

Forum List

Back