Will 2015 = 2008?

I mutha' F'in cannot believe that no one responded to this OP.

Beyond this, you disingenuous bastards that hold yourselves out as economic know-hows, fail to inform the investing plebes that consumer credit debt is also still through the roof.

(William the Wie, you used to post about the MACROECONOMIC picture, but don't anymore. I'm ready to unfriend you.)

Exactly Like 7 Years Ago? 2014 Is Turning Out To Be Eerily Similar To 2007 | Zero Hedge

This is a public service announcement going into 2015...........hedge accordingly...........I am!

Can't you move your investments around in the 457 without cashing it out and losing the benefits of it being tax deferred? If you cashed out I assume you're in cash which you'll put in a savings account or MM or CDs, but most 457s have a GIC or Stable Value type option that would pay higher than a savings account.

I mutha' F'in cannot believe that no one responded to this OP.

Beyond this, you disingenuous bastards that hold yourselves out as economic know-hows, fail to inform the investing plebes that consumer credit debt is also still through the roof.

(William the Wie, you used to post about the MACROECONOMIC picture, but don't anymore. I'm ready to unfriend you.)

Exactly Like 7 Years Ago? 2014 Is Turning Out To Be Eerily Similar To 2007 | Zero Hedge

This is a public service announcement going into 2015...........hedge accordingly...........I am!
When the next looting becomes obvious, it wouldn't hurt as much if it happened just before an election.

Maybe voters will get the idea "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican is no choice at all?

"It is almost as if we are watching a replay of 2007 all over again, and yet nobody is talking about this.

"Everyone wants to believe that this time will be different.

"The human capacity for self-delusion is absolutely amazing.

Does anyone have hedging advice for those on a fixed income of $900/month?:badgrin:

Few would dispute the fact that when Fannie Mae collapsed it brought down the entire economic system worldwide. Who was in charge of Fannie Mae at the time? The powerful chairman of the House Banking committee had oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae and he told Americans that "Fannie was doing fine" when it was on the verge of collapse. Strangely enough the entity we have come to know as the "justice dept" has never asked Rep. Barney Frank the important questions and there is yet to be a Congressional hearing on the Fannie Mae collapse.

I hope I'm smarter this time then in 2008..
I rode it out and it took 5 years to recover all I lost in my IRA account.
I will sell everything and move it to a cash position.I'm retiring hopefully in 5 years.I can't take
another hit like that again....

As soon as the Fed begins to make noise that they will stop propping up the Stock market I will
dump it all.

Few would dispute the fact that when Fannie Mae collapsed it brought down the entire economic system worldwide. Who was in charge of Fannie Mae at the time? The powerful chairman of the House Banking committee had oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae and he told Americans that "Fannie was doing fine" when it was on the verge of collapse. Strangely enough the entity we have come to know as the "justice dept" has never asked Rep. Barney Frank the important questions and there is yet to be a Congressional hearing on the Fannie Mae collapse.
We need prosecutions of Wall Street and congress similar to the Keating Five during the Savings and Loan Crisis. But we will never see it if we depend on elected Republicans AND Democrats to investigate.

How are you hedging?

In the pursuit of utmost honesty, cashing out on a 457K plan, before July.

I'm just a poor schlub, but trying to squeeze what I can before the upcoming tsunami.

I have done the same, and refinanced as low as I can the rental property so I can adjust rents as the tide goes up and down.

It will.

And I will buy, hopefully, just before it reaches bottom and begins the rebound.

Last edited:

Because Frank was not the top dog from 1994 to 2006.

The house was GOP.

We need prosecutions of Wall Street and congress similar to the Keating Five during the Savings and Loan Crisis. But we will never see it if we depend on elected Republicans AND Democrats to investigate.

The "Keating Five" got away with it because they were all democrats except for a single republican, John McCain. Wall Street ain't your enemy. They have to live within a nightmare of federal regulations. The people who enforce the regulations bear the responsibility for the laws they create. Barney Frank told America that Fannie Mae "was doing fine" when it was on the verge of collapse and nobody in congress or the media ever asked him what the hell he was doing.

I hope I'm smarter this time then in 2008..
I rode it out and it took 5 years to recover all I lost in my IRA account.
I will sell everything and move it to a cash position.I'm retiring hopefully in 5 years.I can't take
another hit like that again....

As soon as the Fed begins to make noise that they will stop propping up the Stock market I will
dump it all.

That is what everyone says...but it's a helluva lot harder to do.

The house was GOP.

Are we to assume that Barney Frank didn't have a clue when he became House Banking Chairman and Fannie Mae was his responsibility? There is no record that he ever alerted the freaking Country that Fannie was in trouble, as a matter of fact he told America that Fannie was solvent. Was he stupid or a political dirty trickster? Nobody ever asked him.

stock_market_cartoon_roller_coaster.jpg

The house was GOP.

Are we to assume that Barney Frank didn't have a clue when he became House Banking Chairman and Fannie Mae was his responsibility? There is no record that he ever alerted the freaking Country that Fannie was in trouble, as a matter of fact he told America that Fannie was solvent. Was he stupid or a political dirty trickster? Nobody ever asked him.

We can assume that you don't know the background: he told Bush and Bush told his folks he would veto it.

The Republican had many years to resolve the problem and they did not.

Go whine elsewhere.

Forum List

Back