WI Teachers Union: Making You an Offer You Can't Refuse

i was unaware that one could obtain a doctorate in advanced stupidity.

:clap2:

kudos

Del you're the king of debate, I mean whenever someone says something you disagree with you destroy it with your intellectual prowess and borderline genius points.

You never just instantly resort to childish insults, it's full hardcore debate until you wreck the person's argument.

:clap2::clap2:

Double kudos.

it's hard to debate someone who has no grasp of basic english.

i'm reminded of heinlein and the singing pig.

I see, so when I used the EXACT word for word definition in my reasoning that didn't fit your version of "basic" english?

You should've stopped at;

"it's hard to debate someone"

It's hard for you to debate, but you're skilled in the art of acting like a 9 year old, stick to your skills.

There is something particularly unseemly about GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES bullying private businesses by promoting approved "speech" or else....

Or else what? (the answer to that question determines the legality of the whole issue, you know)

Why should public employees be threatening businesses to hang posters in the windows of their businesses with union approved "speech"? This is disgusting. The public employees are agents of the government; the government should not be forcing anyone into taking a side on a partisan issue.

normal_00422-NRA-Blue-Eagle-Emblem-poster-displayed-in-restaurant-window.jpg

Private funds vs Public funds, the unions are threatening taxpaying citizens with boycotts using the taxpers own money. It's wrong and it's thuggery.

As I understand it, the question is one of the Union members using their own money to decide whether or not to shop at a business. Once a person is paid for the job, it stops being the taxpayer's money. Otherwise EVERYONE's money really belongs to the Feds, as its the Feds that print the money and put it into circulation via loans, government programs, etc.

I still think the taxpayers should opt out of paying salaries to teachers who use that salary to boycott their business but teachers being the stupid union thugs that they are can't seem to figure out that boycotting a businness equal less revenue and less revenue means less pickpocketing for them.. shades of TWA. :lol::lol:

Private funds vs Public funds, the unions are threatening taxpaying citizens with boycotts using the taxpers own money. It's wrong and it's thuggery.

As I understand it, the question is one of the Union members using their own money to decide whether or not to shop at a business. Once a person is paid for the job, it stops being the taxpayer's money. Otherwise EVERYONE's money really belongs to the Feds, as its the Feds that print the money and put it into circulation via loans, government programs, etc.

I still think the taxpayers should opt out of paying salaries to teachers who use that salary to boycott their business but teachers being the stupid union thugs that they are can't seem to figure out that boycotting a businness equal less revenue and less revenue means less pickpocketing for them.. shades of TWA. :lol::lol:

Now it gets interesting.

Willow advocates that teachers who boycott businesses have their pay docked.

Who's the REAL extortionists here?

There is something particularly unseemly about GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES bullying private businesses by promoting approved "speech" or else....

Or else what? (the answer to that question determines the legality of the whole issue, you know)

Why should public employees be threatening businesses to hang posters in the windows of their businesses with union approved "speech"? This is disgusting. The public employees are agents of the government; the government should not be forcing anyone into taking a side on a partisan issue.

They don't have to hang the signs, you know. In fact, they can put up their own signs saying the opposite....it's all free choice to them.

Coerce: To force to act or think in a certain way by use of pressure, threats

A business is forced to act a certain way by pressure of consumers/shareholders, and threats they'll go to competitors.

Capitalism 101, you're welcome for the free education.

i was unaware that one could obtain a doctorate in advanced stupidity.

:clap2:

kudos

Del you're the king of debate, I mean whenever someone says something you disagree with you destroy it with your intellectual prowess and borderline genius points.

You never just instantly resort to childish insults, it's full hardcore debate until you wreck the person's argument.

Double kudos.

When was that?

Or Electricity

Or Water

Or Fire Protection

Or Police Protection
End the monopolies and see what the free market can do then. We already know that private utilities perform very well compared to public.

But since most communities demand control over them, it's not really a free market is it? Private communities constantly contract out for private security forces. Nothing that says a police force or fire fighters cannot be contracted the same way.

There are certain necessities of our modern life that must either be run by the government or controlled by the government....such as what I listed above. There are those that add health care to that list.

Those would be wrong...

A healthy, working age person can live a good life in modern day America without health care... They should be allowed to choose whether they need it or not...

Double kudos.

I see, so when I used the EXACT word for word definition in my reasoning that didn't fit your version of "basic" english?

It's hard for you to debate, but you're skilled in the art of acting like a 9 year old, stick to your skills.

someone who believes that businesses and consumers are *coerced* into selling and buying, respectively, is an idiot. tough break.

deal.

They don't have to hang the signs, you know. In fact, they can put up their own signs saying the opposite....it's all free choice to them.

:rolleyes:

End the monopolies and see what the free market can do then. We already know that private utilities perform very well compared to public.

But since most communities demand control over them, it's not really a free market is it? Private communities constantly contract out for private security forces. Nothing that says a police force or fire fighters cannot be contracted the same way.

There are certain necessities of our modern life that must either be run by the government or controlled by the government....such as what I listed above. There are those that add health care to that list.

Those would be wrong...

A healthy, working age person can live a good life in modern day America without health care... They should be allowed to choose whether they need it or not...

I will agree with you if that same person signs a waiver that they will pay cash up front for any medical care or will forego such care and not sue if denied such care.

Or Electricity

Or Water

Or Fire Protection

Or Police Protection

A local municipality may take them on if they so choose. This then creates a monopoly. Does this mean that a private industry cannot do it? Not at all. Private sector industry is far more efficient and effective to responding to the needs of the public than public sector monopolies. They have to be due to the profit motive to stay in business. A tax based system doesn't have to worry about satisfying it's customers because the customer cannot easily extract themselves from the situation.

Why not say that the telephone must be a municipal utility? Or Hospitals? Or the Internet? Or Cell Phones? Or Groceries? Or Gas Stations?

All of them are required for modern life? Shouldn't they be provided for by the government? Sorry, but your argument fails because it is easy to see it is all better provided for by the private sector with less waste and corruption because those private businesses who do waste or are corrupt go out of business or to jail quickly.

Now it gets interesting.

see? moron? what I said was, taxpers should not fund public sector unions. If teachers want to unionize and act like thugs they should go private.

Other than the implicit threat, that's a great idea. Have you followed the Althouse Meade situation?

"We will picket on public property as close to your house as we can every day. We will harrass the ever loving shit out of you all the time. Campus is OCCUPIED. State street is OCCUPIED. The Square is OCCUPIED. Vilas, Schenk's Corners, Atwood, Willy Street – Occupied, Occupied, Occupied, Occupied. Did you really think it was all about the Capitol? Fuck the Capitol, we are the CITY... We have the numbers and we don't back down from anyone. We all know each other. We all know each other. We know each other from Service Industry Night at the Orpheum, because we're regulars at the same coffee shops, restaurants and bars, we know each other from the co-ops, we know each other because we've had a million jobs each (and we all worked at CapTel at least once), because we live in every shitty townie house in ever-changing groups of 2 – 7 people, because we are young and horny and screw each other incessantly, because we're all on facebook, and because we aren't anti-social, life-denying, world-sterilizing pieces of human garbage like the two of you. WE WILL FUCK YOU UP. We will throw our baseballs in your lawn, you cranky old pieces of shit, and then we will come get them back. What are you gonna do? Shoot us? Get Wausau Tea Patriots to form an ad hoc militia on your front lawn? That would be fucking HILAROUS to us. You could get to know the assholes on your side in real fucking life instead of sponging off the civil society we provide for you every single day you draw breath."

Althouse: Union thuggery against Althouse and Meade: "We will hang up wanted posters of you everywhere you like to go."

The thugs are trying to keep their stranglehold on WI. Ultimately, they will lose; but they will go ugly into the night.

Wouldn't that be a novel idea for Wisconsin? Allow communities to hire union or non union teachers at their budgetary discretion.. I love it. I wonder how that would work out.

Now it gets interesting.

see? moron? what I said was, taxpers should not fund public sector unions. If teachers want to unionize and act like thugs they should go
private.

Taxpayers do not fund public sector unions...union members do, thru their dues.

And for being someone who advocated withholding pay from boycotters, you are not one to talk about others acting like thugs.

Those would be wrong...

I will agree with you if that same person signs a waiver that they will pay cash up front for any medical care or will forego such care and not sue if denied such care.

Unfortunately, the unconstitutionally ruled 0bamacare law does not allow for this...

someone who believes that businesses and consumers are *coerced* into selling and buying, respectively, is an idiot. tough break.

deal.

I'll copy and paste and give you another shot at it.

"Coerce: To force to act or think in a certain way by use of pressure, threats

A business is forced to act a certain way by pressure of consumers/shareholders, and threats they'll go to competitors."

Break that down and tell me why that sentence is incorrect.

I remain amazed at how many "proponents of Capitalism" have a complete failure of understanding as to how it works. If a consumer, or even a group of consumers, fail to like how a business is run they have the right to refuse to frequent that business. If the shopowner feels the consumer demands are unreasonable, they have the right to ignore the consumer and continue business as usual.

This isn't rocket science. It's the actual mechanism by which the free market runs. Pretending otherwise shows you fail to understand even the basic mechanisms of capitalism.

I'm 100% anti public unions.

But I fail to see how there's anything wrong with this whatsover.

Whenever anyone buys anything don't we essentially go through the same process of "meet my demands as a consumer or you won't get my business"?

So what if it's a threat, if a restaurant doesn't keep making a steak I like I'll stop coming, that's a threat, so what?

I wish the teachers were faced with the same threat Reagan leveled at the Air Traffic controller in 1981.

It's not like I can refuse paying school taxes (yeah, you could theoretically send your kids to a private school, but that doesn't withhold any money from them).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back