WI Teachers Union: Making You an Offer You Can't Refuse

I'm 100% anti public unions.

But I fail to see how there's anything wrong with this whatsover.

Whenever anyone buys anything don't we essentially go through the same process of "meet my demands as a consumer or you won't get my business"?

So what if it's a threat, if a restaurant doesn't keep making a steak I like I'll stop coming, that's a threat, so what?
Why the passive-aggressive cajoling of the businesses to self-identify?

Where's the implied option to remain neutral and not potentially lose business?

I guess union hooligans spray painting graffiti on storefronts would be a little too obvious, huh?

Whenever anyone buys anything don't we essentially go through the same process of "meet my demands as a consumer or you won't get my business"?

So what if it's a threat, if a restaurant doesn't keep making a steak I like I'll stop coming, that's a threat, so what?

I guess union hooligans spray painting graffiti on storefronts would be a little too obvious, huh?

1.) If a business self-identifies with something the consumer doesn't like, they can and should go elsewhere.

2.) If a consumer wants a business to take their side and not be neutral, and they don't, than the consumer can go elsewhere.

3.) Creating scenarios you've made in your head and fearmongering doesn't advance debates.

I for one have no problem with people exercising capitalism for whatever lawful motivations they have, call me crazy.

Bullshit.....Coercion isn't capitalistic.

And make no mistake about it, telling people "put this sign in your window or else" is coercion.

Coercion is 100% capitalistic, why do you think businesses put out commericals? To coerce you into buying their product/service. Consumers are allowed and encouraged to do the same thing in a capitalist market.

"Put this sign in your window or else I'm not buying your product", again 100% capitalistic.

And make no mistake about it, telling people "put this sign in your window or else" is coercion.

Coercion is 100% capitalistic, why do you think businesses put out commericals? To coerce you into buying their product/service. Consumers are allowed and encouraged to do the same thing in a capitalist market.

"Put this sign in your window or else I'm not buying your product", again 100% capitalistic.

you might want to consult a dictionary at some point, skippy.

:lol:

Coerce: To force to act or think in a certain way by use of pressure, threats

A business is forced to act a certain way by pressure of consumers/shareholders, and threats they'll go to competitors.

Capitalism 101, you're welcome for the free education.

A business is forced to act a certain way by pressure of consumers/shareholders, and threats they'll go to competitors.

i was unaware that one could obtain a doctorate in advanced stupidity.

:clap2:

kudos

maybe a star?

nice place you got here.

i'd hate to see anything happen to it.

:eusa_whistle:

Poor comparison. More like:

Nice place you got here.

I'd hate to see people decide not to shop here anymore because you don't support them.

I know...doesn't quite have the threat factor.

nor the reality factor, but that's okay, i didn't really expect it. :thup:
Can you imagine the Mafia going:

Nice place you have here.

Put this sign in your window saying you support Italian Americans or we won't shop here.

Doesn't quite have the Thug aspect, does it? Nor would that be illegal.

Poor comparison. More like:

Nice place you got here.

I'd hate to see people decide not to shop here anymore because you don't support them.

I know...doesn't quite have the threat factor.

nor the reality factor, but that's okay, i didn't really expect it. :thup:
Can you imagine the Mafia going:

Nice place you have here.

Put this sign in your window saying you support Italian Americans or we won't shop here.

Doesn't quite have the Thug aspect, does it? Nor would that be illegal.

hey, you can dance this pig around all you want, it's still a pig.

keep swinging

:rolleyes:

There is a store in my neighborhood that has a sign in the window, "Proud Supporters of the Tea Party". I never once thought as I avoided shopping there that they were being extorted in to displaying that sign but this thread makes me wonder.

:cuckoo:

:rolleyes:

There is a store in my neighborhood that has a sign in the window, "Proud Supporters of the Tea Party". I never once thought as I avoided shopping there that they were being extorted in to displaying that sign but this thread makes me wonder.

:cuckoo:

well, i'm sure someone would have pointed out that kind of thuggery if it was part of an organized campaign.

like you, for example.

It's the free market silly, don't like it? Create laws making people buy a product...better?

i was unaware that one could obtain a doctorate in advanced stupidity.

:clap2:

kudos

Del you're the king of debate, I mean whenever someone says something you disagree with you destroy it with your intellectual prowess and borderline genius points.

You never just instantly resort to childish insults, it's full hardcore debate until you wreck the person's argument.

:clap2::clap2:

Double kudos.

Forum List

Back