WI Teachers Union: Making You an Offer You Can't Refuse

I'm 100% anti public unions.

But I fail to see how there's anything wrong with this whatsover.

Whenever anyone buys anything don't we essentially go through the same process of "meet my demands as a consumer or you won't get my business"?

So what if it's a threat, if a restaurant doesn't keep making a steak I like I'll stop coming, that's a threat, so what?
Why the passive-aggressive cajoling of the businesses to self-identify?

Where's the implied option to remain neutral and not potentially lose business?

I guess union hooligans spray painting graffiti on storefronts would be a little too obvious, huh?

maybe a star of david?
Did my utmost to stay away from that one. :eusa_whistle:

It's the free market silly, don't like it? Create laws making people buy a product...better?

No, the trick they're using is to try to connect not buying something to a scary threat, thus making teachers unions scary threat-makers. A sensationlized media brings about a sensationalized public.

Why people can't just be anti-union like I am I'll never understand. Always has to be some emotional tag line to go along with it.

Why the passive-aggressive cajoling of the businesses to self-identify?

Where's the implied option to remain neutral and not potentially lose business?

I guess union hooligans spray painting graffiti on storefronts would be a little too obvious, huh?

maybe a star of david?
Did my utmost to stay away from that one. :eusa_whistle:

a moment of weakness on my part.

mea culpa

Coerce: To force to act or think in a certain way by use of pressure, threats

A business is forced to act a certain way by pressure of consumers/shareholders, and threats they'll go to competitors.

Capitalism 101, you're welcome for the free education.

i was unaware that one could obtain a doctorate in advanced stupidity.

:clap2:

kudos

Del you're the king of debate, I mean whenever someone says something you disagree with you destroy it with your intellectual prowess and borderline genius points.

You never just instantly resort to childish insults, it's full hardcore debate until you wreck the person's argument.

:clap2::clap2:

Double kudos.
What do you say to someone who tries to claim that coercion = freedom?

I mean besides that he must have a doctorate in advanced stupidity.

Coerce: To force to act or think in a certain way by use of pressure, threats

A business is forced to act a certain way by pressure of consumers/shareholders, and threats they'll go to competitors.

Capitalism 101, you're welcome for the free education.

i was unaware that one could obtain a doctorate in advanced stupidity.

:clap2:

kudos

Del you're the king of debate, I mean whenever someone says something you disagree with you destroy it with your intellectual prowess and borderline genius points.

You never just instantly resort to childish insults, it's full hardcore debate until you wreck the person's argument.

:clap2::clap2:

Double kudos.

it's hard to debate someone who has no grasp of basic english.

i'm reminded of heinlein and the singing pig.

So change it to persuasion, as in the words of Andy Stern: "If we cant use the power of persuasion, we will use the persuasion of power. Workers of the world unite." Bullies...plain and simple.

What WEAC doesn't realize is that outside of a small enclave of lunatic liberals around the Lawrence University campus in Appleton, (which is also the home of Joe McCarthy and the John Birch Society) NE Wisconsin is VERY conservative.

The liberals I did know there who 'boycotted' Walmart there is laughable. Same with those who bemoan that the are is so 'socially backward' due to the prevailing politics. The private sector unions with the papermills have been decimated as about 20% of them have been shut down and gone out of business.

The cities of Neenah and Menasha have demolished 3 major mills in the last decade to put up commercial and residential space, about half their total paper mills. Mercury Marine in Fond Du Lac is planning to leave for another state due to taxation and union costs.

To expect lots of support for this thuggish blackmail from shop owners who are struggling to make ends meet in an economy decimated starting back to the mid 1990's with the loss of their heavy industry, is a lot to ask. Work is very hard to come by there and the payscale in the private sector is already dramatically depressed, I know cause I've tried to find it back 'home' for me for a few years now and looks like I never will with the way things are going.

Or Electricity

Or Water

Or Fire Protection

Or Police Protection

dr drock's got the moronic answers covered in this thread, but thanks for stopping by.

you're a peach.

Gee, Del....when you can't debate....you really can't debate.

when there's nothing to debate, there's no point to it.

if you want to defend blatant extortion of merchants by a union, knock yourself out. i'm not going to waste my time trying to change your mind.
you root for your team no matter what-if it was the rnc or a corp doing this, you'd be up in arms.

i know it and you know it.

i will cry myself to sleep later, though, if that helps.
:rofl:

It's the free market silly, don't like it? Create laws making people buy a product...better?

you mean like health insurance?

Or Electricity

Or Water

Or Fire Protection

Or Police Protection
End the monopolies and see what the free market can do then. We already know that private utilities perform very well compared to public.

But since most communities demand control over them, it's not really a free market is it? Private communities constantly contract out for private security forces. Nothing that says a police force or fire fighters cannot be contracted the same way.

And those are run by the federal goverment? Really? Where and how? I don't see a Federal Dept. of Public Works. Private contractors do well with waste management too.

Last edited:
dr drock's got the moronic answers covered in this thread, but thanks for stopping by.

you're a peach.

if you want to defend blatant extortion of merchants by a union, knock yourself out. i'm not going to waste my time trying to change your mind.
you root for your team no matter what-if it was the rnc or a corp doing this, you'd be up in arms.

It's not blatant extortion. You gave an example of blatant extortion and I pointed out that they are NOT the same thing. Extortion is illegal...threatening boycotts are not....unless you feel that the Southern Baptists threatening and then starting boycotts of Disney over the years was blatant extortion too? Very close to the same thing.

you mean like health insurance?

Or Electricity

Or Water

Or Fire Protection

Or Police Protection
End the monopolies and see what the free market can do then. We already know that private utilities perform very well compared to public.

But since most communities demand control over them, it's not really a free market is it? Private communities constantly contract out for private security forces. Nothing that says a police force or fire fighters cannot be contracted the same way.

There are certain necessities of our modern life that must either be run by the government or controlled by the government....such as what I listed above. There are those that add health care to that list.

There is something particularly unseemly about GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES bullying private businesses by promoting approved "speech" or else....

It's not blatant extortion. You gave an example of blatant extortion and I pointed out that they are NOT the same thing. Extortion is illegal...threatening boycotts are not....unless you feel that the Southern Baptists threatening and then starting boycotts of Disney over the years was blatant extortion too? Very close to the same thing.

yes it was. keep swinging

Forum List

Back