WI teachers (and Manitard) are unethical

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
How apropos...I'm in a critical thinking class right now, just starting week three. And lo and behold, guess what? Teachers don't get a pass on their unethical behavior just because they want more money. We all want more money. But we want ETHICAL teachers, as well...and teachers are by definition supposed to be ethical, as they are teaching our children. There are no excuses.

Here's the first of the assigned reading:

"One of the most significant obstacles to fair-mindedness is the human tendency to reason in a self-serving or deluded manner. This tendency is increased by the extent to which people are confused about the nature of ethical concepts and principles. To understand ethical reasoning, the following foundations are necessary:

"1. Ethical principles are not a matter of subjective preference.
2. All reasonable people are obligated to respect clear-cut ethical concepts and principles.
3. To reason well through ethical issues, we must know how to apply ethical concepts and principles reasonably to those issues.
4. Ethical concepts and issues should be distinguished from the norms and taboos of society and peer group, religious teachings, political idealogies, and the law.
5. The most significant barriers to sound ethical reasoning are the egocentrism and sociocentrism of human beings."

Paul, R. and Elder, L. (2006). Critical thinking: Tools for taking charge of your learning and your life. Prentiss Hall. Upper Saddle River, NJ.

Mani's response to my pointing out that he supported unethical behavior, fraud, lying, etc. was to send me an IM:

:blahblah:

So apparently he thinks people who expect doctors and teachers to be honest and ethical are to be ignored, lol.

Also note that for fair-mindedness to exist, ethics must be observed. I think the WI teachers have pretty much proven that today's teachers AREN'T about fair-mindedness, they aren't about our children, and they aren't about ethical behavior.

So what the hell do we need them for? To teach our kids to lie, cheat and steal...like they do?

Last edited:
  • Banned
They want to sit on their asses in picket lines and get paid to do it.

They want the *right* to walk out of classrooms, leaving kids at loose ends and their parents desperate, without anyone daring to replace their sorry asses.

Fuck them.

I doubt they care if they got paid while they protested. There is a law on the books stating they are not "allowed" to strike.

Sounds like you are about to fail critical thinking...or your teacher is an idiot.

:thup:

• Banned
No, I'm doing fine, thanks.

Please, Ravi. Of all the posters here, you are the one least likely to grasp any aspect of critical thinking, and you are the poster I am most likely to quote as an example of someone who lives on logical fallacy if a paper calls for an example.

• Banned
That is a logical fallacy right there.

And has zero to do with the premise of the OP. Thank you, Ravi.

They want the *right* to walk out of classrooms, leaving kids at loose ends and their parents desperate, without anyone daring to replace their sorry asses.

Fuck them.

Not a very effect picket line if they are sitting.

Bu, not everyone works by just sitting on their ass...that seems to be your schtick.

Seems the OP fails on all 5 points. Way to go!!! EPIC FAIL

Maybe that's why liberals and conservatives can't find much common ground. I don't think there are enough conservatives that believe that ethics are subjective. To us, they are absolute.

They don't want more money.

They want to be "allowed" to continue collective bargaining.

What do you think "collective bargaining" is? It is all about demanding more money and benefits, with the twist of threatening of shutting you down.

What do you think "collective bargaining" is? It is all about demanding more money and benefits, with the twist of threatening of shutting you down.
Those are part of collective bargaining...but the bigger part is working conditions. And since they've already agreed to less money and apparently to paying a portion of their pension fund, I do believe that they are not being in the least unreasonable in wanting to keep the ability to bargain.

Those are part of collective bargaining...but the bigger part is working conditions. And since they've already agreed to less money and apparently to paying a portion of their pension fund, I do believe that they are not being in the least unreasonable in wanting to keep the ability to bargain.

And im my opinion all unions need to be disbanded.

The moral equivalences of the left are astounding.

They justify feeding at the trough on the backs of the middle class taxpaying citizens with benefit packages that are no longer sustainable at the same time cry it's those very taxpaying citizens being represented by elected officials trying to wipe out the middle class.

Most of the posters here have failed the critical thinking skills and went off on irrelevant tangents.

The OP was talking about ethical behavior. These are the second teachers the children have for teaching rules and respecting authority. The first, of course is the parents. Then the teachers post rules in their classrooms and the students are expected to follow them with consequences to follow if the rules are broken. This is a precedent for following laws later in life.

Here we have teachers leaving the classroom performing and ILLEGAL work stoppage, closing the schools, ignoring the students of their educational needs. Then they take fraudulent sick notes from doctors when they weren't sick to give their employers, lying to them. What would this teacher do to her students for breaking the classroom rules and lying about them.

The teachers are nothing but hypocrites now, aren't they?

Don't go on about busting unions, pay raises, etc. We are talking about ethics. They failed.

Fuck them.
If I was the Gov. I would make them make up the days they are closed to meet required law.

Forum List

Back