Why?

You want to know why we're in Afghanistan??

Afghanpipeline.jpg

Oil.... Well, oil pipeline...

Don't forget this; "The Obama administration today formally rejected a bid by Canadian energy company TransCanada to build a $7 billion oil pipeline linking the tar sands of Alberta to refineries on the Gulf of Mexico."

President Obama Rejects Keystone XL Pipeline - ABC News

This is why some on the left (not all =D) hate Ron Paul... Paul is many of the things Obama claimed to be.

This is also much of the reason some on the right hate Paul (Not all =D) because Pual is much of what conservatives claim to be.

Obama = Neconservative

Bush = Progressive

There is simply no difference when you base the 2 parties on their passed legislation, policy.

At least that would make sense. If Bush had made that the reason for going into Iraq, I still wouldn't have supported it, but at least the action would have had an aspect cogent to the national interest.
Yeah... violating all those cease fire agreements, genocide, ties to terrorism and ignoring UN resolution after UN resolution (including Res. 1440) weren't good enough reasons.

It's why I have no respect for Amnesty International who after decades of begging the US to do something, protested the war.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Could have waited for the job to be done in Afghanistan. Now we're still there. There was no "immediate threat" as touted, so while there may have been reasons, the timing was terrible.
Wife: "Honey, why'd you take out the clean out the gutters?"

Husband: "You've been asking me to for weeks and you were cleaning the dishes."

Wife: "Well that's no reason to clean the gutters while I wasn't done cleaning the dishes."

That's the equivalent of the logic you just used.

This is why some on the left (not all =D) hate Ron Paul... Paul is many of the things Obama claimed to be.

This is also much of the reason some on the right hate Paul (Not all =D) because Pual is much of what conservatives claim to be.

Obama = Neconservative

Bush = Progressive

There is simply no difference when you base the 2 parties on their passed legislation, policy.
I do believe you need to flip the labels you put on P-BO and W there.

W : Neocon

P-BO: Progressive (just like Mussolini)

Yeah... violating all those cease fire agreements, genocide, ties to terrorism and ignoring UN resolution after UN resolution (including Res. 1440) weren't good enough reasons.

It's why I have no respect for Amnesty International who after decades of begging the US to do something, protested the war.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Could have waited for the job to be done in Afghanistan. Now we're still there. There was no "immediate threat" as touted, so while there may have been reasons, the timing was terrible.

Wife: "Well that's no reason to clean the gutters while I wasn't done cleaning the dishes."

Could you repost that in English?

Which fallacy am I guilty of?

Anyone ELSE not getting it?

You are claiming that we should not have gone into Iraq till we were done in Afghanistan. BOTH were a problem. BOTH were tied to religious zealots and terrorists who had shown to be a threat to us directly and indirectly. 2000 dead civilians in NYC speak to that alone. Salmaan Pak of course is NO possible connection to the training that Al Quaeda taking those planes. Nope nope. Not possible.

Saddam had broken previous international agreements which were cause for an IMMEDIATE end to the cease fire from 1991 and put us back to war. He did this under Clinton AND W, who was too busy schtuping porky the wonder intern to do his job. Human rights advocates had been raising all sorts of hue and cry about the human rights abuses in Iraq by the Ba'athists.

We have a military designed to handle a two front global war, and we can't handle knocking off two half-baked half bit poorly run militaries and their terrorist allies? But not only that, you are bitchy about the destabilization and threat both these nations were towards their neighbors AND their funding for international drug and terror trades.

Now... all the human rights issues have dried up compared to what they were. No more people being shredded or rape rooms. Women are not being tortured or killed for reading or learning. But... WE are the brutal monsters for having saved these people from 4th century barbarism with 20th century weapons???

I know ideals only exist for you when they're politically convenient, but shit fire and save matches! Are your feet made of jello instead of clay?

You are claiming that we should not have gone into Iraq till we were done in Afghanistan. BOTH were a problem. BOTH were tied to religious zealots and terrorists who had shown to be a threat to us directly and indirectly. 2000 dead civilians in NYC speak to that alone. Salmaan Pak of course is NO possible connection to the training that Al Quaeda taking those planes. Nope nope. Not possible.

Saddam had broken previous international agreements which were cause for an IMMEDIATE end to the cease fire from 1991 and put us back to war. He did this under Clinton AND W, who was too busy schtuping porky the wonder intern to do his job. Human rights advocates had been raising all sorts of hue and cry about the human rights abuses in Iraq by the Ba'athists.

We have a military designed to handle a two front global war, and we can't handle knocking off two half-baked half bit poorly run militaries and their terrorist allies? But not only that, you are bitchy about the destabilization and threat both these nations were towards their neighbors AND their funding for international drug and terror trades.

Now... all the human rights issues have dried up compared to what they were. No more people being shredded or rape rooms. Women are not being tortured or killed for reading or learning. But... WE are the brutal monsters for having saved these people from 4th century barbarism with 20th century weapons???

I know ideals only exist for you when they're politically convenient, but shit fire and save matches! Are your feet made of jello instead of clay?

It's still happening in NK and other places. Where are we going next, now that we're out of Iraq? You will be volunteering for the next one, won't you?

I believe in helping oneself. I know that's a strange concept for CONS. They apparently believe that it's only used to flog opponents, but doesn't really mean anything. If you were a true conservative, you'd have supported what we did in Libya and protested what we did in Iraq. Since you're still flogging that "Iraq was an immediate threat" meme, it's obvious you're a hypocrite of the lowest order.

It's still happening in NK and other places. Where are we going next, now that we're out of Iraq? You will be volunteering for the next one, won't you?

I believe in helping oneself. I know that's a strange concept for CONS. They apparently believe that it's only used to flog opponents, but doesn't really mean anything. If you were a true conservative, you'd have supported what we did in Libya and protested what we did in Iraq. Since you're still flogging that "Iraq was an immediate threat" meme, it's obvious you're a hypocrite of the lowest order.

Speaking of hypocrits, why aren't you protesting our continued involvement in Afghanistan?

At this juncture, I don't think anything we do in the ME is going to improve the situation. They have hated us, hate us still, and will continue to hate us for what we are and what we represent. We should cut our losses and come home to clean our own house. Really, we have enough of a mess to deal with on the home front without poking our noses into places we shouldn't be.

"Lord grant me the STRENGTH to change those things I can change, the PATIENCE to accept those I cannot change, and the WISDOM to know the difference."

Speaking of hypocrits, why aren't you protesting our continued involvement in Afghanistan?

Why should I? That was where they planned 9/11. Have you no respect for American dead?!?! I protested that Bush ignored Afghanistan and let Osama get away, as any loyal American should. Thank you Barry for ending the Osama nightmare. Four more years. Four more years. :clap2:

Forum List

Back