Why you shouldn't try to reason with Trump supporters

USMB validates everything the writer points out.

Reporters have noticed that no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway the most die-hard Trump fans
Jeremy Binckes

A year ago, in the wake of President Donald Trump's stunning election win, you couldn't swing a dead cat in the Rust Belt without hitting a Trump supporter who understood the president-elect's flaws, but insisted on giving him a chance to follow through on his campaign promises. Over the next 365 days, reporters visited and re-visited so-called Trump country — even as support for him dwindled in those areas — searching for the reasons why people continued to pledge their support for making America great again.

A new Politico Magazine profile of die-hard Trump supporters in Johnstown, Pa — the heart of Trump country — suggests that Trump's most fervent fans haven't swayed in their support, even as the president continues to break (or forget) his promises. Here's one Johnstown, Pennsylvania, native, telling a Politico reporter why he liked Trump.

“Everybody I talk to,” he said, “realizes it’s not Trump who’s dragging his feet. Trump’s probably the most diligent, hardest-working president we’ve ever had in our lifetimes. It’s not like he sleeps in till noon and goes golfing every weekend, like the last president did.”

I stopped him, informing him that, yes, Barack Obama liked to golf, but Trump in fact does golf a lot, too—more, in fact.

Del Signore was surprised to hear this.

“Does he?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

He did not linger on this topic, smiling and changing the subject with a quip. “If I was married to his wife,” Del Signore said, “I don’t think I’d go anywhere.”

This is the Trump supporter in a nutshell: When confronted with facts, the topic changed. The sources they use to get their information on a daily basis are suspect: Friends, family and Fox News. The latter is, well, Fox News, but the former are the people who were absolutely certain that Obama was the antichrist.

In short, the Trump die-hards are not sound on policy or history — recent or otherwise. It wouldn't be fair to say that they're unfairly ridiculed, because they constantly wave their ignorance around like it's a flag.

Wow, great commie propaganda hate site you're quoting there. Trump fulfilled more election promises in his first couple of years than the mulatto messiah did in 8. So take your commie propaganda and shove it race baiter.

Reporters have noticed that no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway the most die-hard Trump fans
Jeremy Binckes

A year ago, in the wake of President Donald Trump's stunning election win, you couldn't swing a dead cat in the Rust Belt without hitting a Trump supporter who understood the president-elect's flaws, but insisted on giving him a chance to follow through on his campaign promises. Over the next 365 days, reporters visited and re-visited so-called Trump country — even as support for him dwindled in those areas — searching for the reasons why people continued to pledge their support for making America great again.

A new Politico Magazine profile of die-hard Trump supporters in Johnstown, Pa — the heart of Trump country — suggests that Trump's most fervent fans haven't swayed in their support, even as the president continues to break (or forget) his promises. Here's one Johnstown, Pennsylvania, native, telling a Politico reporter why he liked Trump.

“Everybody I talk to,” he said, “realizes it’s not Trump who’s dragging his feet. Trump’s probably the most diligent, hardest-working president we’ve ever had in our lifetimes. It’s not like he sleeps in till noon and goes golfing every weekend, like the last president did.”

I stopped him, informing him that, yes, Barack Obama liked to golf, but Trump in fact does golf a lot, too—more, in fact.

“Does he?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

He did not linger on this topic, smiling and changing the subject with a quip. “If I was married to his wife,” Del Signore said, “I don’t think I’d go anywhere.”

This is the Trump supporter in a nutshell: When confronted with facts, the topic changed. The sources they use to get their information on a daily basis are suspect: Friends, family and Fox News. The latter is, well, Fox News, but the former are the people who were absolutely certain that Obama was the antichrist.

In short, the Trump die-hards are not sound on policy or history — recent or otherwise. It wouldn't be fair to say that they're unfairly ridiculed, because they constantly wave their ignorance around like it's a flag.

"Reporters have noticed that no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway the most die-hard Trump fans"

and the same holds true when confronting anti-Trump supporters.

Do you actually have a point?

It's just another left wing hate site giving their minions their talking points. All troll, no go.

The same could be said of the rabid Trump critics who still insist there was collusion with Russia despite the Mueller report saying otherwise. Fanatics believe what they want to believe no matter what side of the political aisle they are on.
They completely missed it when AG Barr exonerated Trump.

Can we assume you won’t be celebrating when Trump wins again in 2020, IM2?

:)

What will you do if Trump loses? You guys live in that alternative world where you are lied to about what's going on. You just think a man who lost the popular vote running as an outsider is just going to easily march in to victory even though his record as president shows failure.
----------------------------- FAILURE in doing what ?? My life and the lives of the people around me are doing fine so what is TRUMP a failure at doing IM2 ??

Jeremy Binckes

“Does he?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

Despite all that diarrhea of the mouth, it's still the economy stupid....

The same could be said of the rabid Trump critics who still insist there was collusion with Russia despite the Mueller report saying otherwise. Fanatics believe what they want to believe no matter what side of the political aisle they are on.
They completely missed it when AG Barr exonerated Trump.
Actually on collusion Barr did not exonerate Trump Mueller did.

The Founding Fathers were extremists and revolutionaries. I agree with Barry Goldwater
The Founding Fathers had profound differences, but they had the capacity to work them out.

Reason, intelligence, collaboration, innovation. And they created something new and incredible.

Goldwater is/was nothing compared to them. Just another caveman with a club.

Last edited:

Jeremy Binckes

“Does he?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

PoLOLitico.

Stick to race baiting, Stymie

I could say the exact same thing about most liberals on this board when it comes to any number of issues. For example, you guys still peddle the lie that the Trump tax cuts were "tax cuts for the rich" and "mainly benefited the rich," when in point of fact, as anyone can confirm by checking the tax tables, the Trump tax cuts gave the biggest rate cuts to the middle class, by far, and in fact raised taxes on most rich people by capping the SALT deduction at $10K and ending the loophole that allowed American companies not to pay taxes on income from overseas operations.

Jeremy Binckes

“Does he?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

Facts to Tramp supporters (much like Tramp himself) are like kryptonite to Superman, fucking lethal!

Jeremy Binckes

“Does he?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

Trump has convinced his supporters that he is one of them. Even if his programs hurt them, and they don't agree with his actions or words, they will support him. They see any attack on Trump as a personal attack on them. It's sad that they don't see how often he works against what would actually help his supporters in favor of the rich.

Trump has convinced his supporters that he is one of them.

Oddly, Hillary did the same.

One example:

was she just one of the people?

have we ever had a president, or presidential candidate, that was actually, 'one of the people"?

Abraham Lincoln.

G.B. Shaw put it best
“Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

What are your thoughts on this vid, IM2?

IM2 has no thoughts on anything he cannot spin to his niggardly advantage. If it doesn't fit in his tiny bubble then he simply blocks it from his mind.

But isn't it funny how the media controls minds to make Obama appear far better than he ever really was while making people think Trump far worse than he really is, even to the point that once told the policy they railed against thinking Trump said it was really Obama's words, they STILL find Obama's application of the law far better and appealing than Trump's even if they BOTH DID THE SAME THING. HaHa

Democratic Psych-Ops in action over the weak mind.

First thing a Trump supporter does when shown something that is less than complimentary about something Trump has done, the first thing out of their mouths is that it's fake news.

That's because you Tards and your lying media have been caught lying too many times

to ever be believed, it's a fact that you lie about Trump.....

Oh boy. . . . And you could go around the country and find just as many, if not more, clueless liberals who would likewise change the subject when confronted with facts they could not answer.

Keep in mind that in 2008 and 2012, Obama won the high-school-dropout vote by a wide margin.

Keep in mind that Obama was a far better president this this fool.

Keep in mind obozo was a community organizer that never had

any REAL WORLD experience at anything other than running his mouth....

Tell us what did obozo accomplish as a senator?

I know you Tards will try to construe this as racist and it’s not,

but the fact is if obozo were White we wouldn’t know his name...

First thing a Trump supporter does when shown something that is less than complimentary about something Trump has done, the first thing out of their mouths is that it's fake news.

And you wonder why?

e150b0edcde0165a0ad855b1afea06ba--brian-williams-friday-humor.jpg

Jeremy Binckes

“Does he?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

Its ghetto shoe-shine boy bitches like you who should not be reasoned with. All you do is cry and whine and bitch and snivel every day. Go get a job you lazy fucking worthless piece of shit.

When Trump was asked today if the chant "send her back" bothered him. What did he do? True to Trumpian style, he said that what bothered him was congress women who hated American and were anti Semetic.

He didn't even bother to answer the question, he just deflected to why he is bothered by the 4 congresswomen and left the question about the chant unanswered.

I mean, why be surprised? Trump supporters learned how to do that from Trump.

abs.png

Can we assume you won’t be celebrating when Trump wins again in 2020, IM2?

:)

What will you do if Trump loses? You guys live in that alternative world where you are lied to about what's going on. You just think a man who lost the popular vote running as an outsider is just going to easily march in to victory even though his record as president shows failure.
Which democrat do you think has the best chance of beating Trump?

Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris. And I can keep going. Outside of the alternative fact world that you live in, Trump is not liked.

4 and you, correct? :auiqs.jpg:

Trump's not liked in between your ears and you're trying to project that..and failing! :04:

Forum List

Back