Why would anyone object to Virginia’s new gun laws?

3. Allow localities to ban guns in some public areas

What ever happened to local rule? If a locality wants to ban carrying guns in parks and playgrounds, why shouldn’t they?

How about because it won’t be effective.

The bad guys aren’t going to abide by the rule. Nor will there be sufficient armed security:eek:r police in these areas to make them safe. Therefore, normally law abiding people like me will be forced to avoid these places or break the law to keep ourselves safe.
But what about the assholes with a temper who get in an argument and start shooting?

Have yourself committed if you believe you are a threat to society.
Sorry, but I don’t want to go to a Little League game and have the drunken idiot standing next to me to be armed

Then you should stay away from Little League games that allow drunken idiots. Is this a regular occurrence where you live because it doesn't happen often in the real world.

I'm sure some asshole who is scheming to mass murder innocent people won't give two shits if some state law says he isn't allowed to possess his gun.

What ever happened to local rule? If a locality wants to ban carrying guns in parks and playgrounds, why shouldn’t they?

Right,

because assholes looking to make a name for themselves never carry firearms into Gun Free Zones.

It does, however, prevent people with guns from defending people in those areas

True
But do we need armed fans at football games? Do you want that drunk idiot sitting next to you being armed?

We already have metal detectors at every college and pro game I have attended.
Exactly

Some areas we do not want people armed
Should you be able to bring your gun to a court trial? That is a public space

How many of our gun loving posters buy more than one handgun a month?

How will this legislation impact you?

Doesn't matter.

why not limit alcohol purchased to one 750 ml bottle per month or cigarette purchases to one pack a month ?

Both of those thing kill more people than murder with guns annually
Have you ever bought more than one handgun a month?
Why would you want to?

Do you want to protect someone who buys a dozen handguns at a time and then resells them to criminals?

It's none of your business.
Just what I expected

I'm sure some asshole who is scheming to mass murder innocent people won't give two shits if some state law says he isn't allowed to possess his gun.
Maybe not

But we don’t want to make it easier for him to buy firearms or bring them anyplace he wants

If you are taking your young daughter to a movie, do you want to sit next to someone carrying an AR 15?

How about because it won’t be effective.

The bad guys aren’t going to abide by the rule. Nor will there be sufficient armed security:eek:r police in these areas to make them safe. Therefore, normally law abiding people like me will be forced to avoid these places or break the law to keep ourselves safe.
But what about the assholes with a temper who get in an argument and start shooting?

Have yourself committed if you believe you are a threat to society.
Sorry, but I don’t want to go to a Little League game and have the drunken idiot standing next to me to be armed

So don't go.

In Virginia, there would be a few to several around you with guns, depending where you are, and you'd never know.

Right,

because assholes looking to make a name for themselves never carry firearms into Gun Free Zones.

It does, however, prevent people with guns from defending people in those areas

True
But do we need armed fans at football games? Do you want that drunk idiot sitting next to you being armed?

We already have metal detectors at every college and pro game I have attended.
Exactly

Some areas we do not want people armed
Should you be able to bring your gun to a court trial? That is a public space

No, because lawyers would consider that a hostile work environment.

Maybe not

But we don’t want to make it easier for him to buy firearms or bring them anyplace he wants

If you are taking your young daughter to a movie, do you want to sit next to someone carrying an AR 15?

An AR-15? No, because it is not an appropriate weapon for the setting. If you sit next to my daughter, she just might be carrying.

Maybe not

What kind of movie theaters are you going to Qdog? The weapon of choice in my old movie theater were JuJu Bees.

YOU CANT INFRINGE ON OUR RIGHTS
That is not what our Constitution says. If you were American you would know our Constitution is more specific about infringement of specific rights and rights themselves. Many Americans don't really fully understand their rights, so Russian trolls certainly should not be expected to understand them..

Maybe not

As I stated before, your hypotheticals are getting more ridiculous.

Sensible legislation

Virginia gun laws: What sparked Richmond gun rally tied to neo-Nazis?

Three bills passed the state Senate on Thursday: A limit to one handgun purchase per month, a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales and a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.
I think you might live in the wrong country, you can’t infringe on my rights.. sorry buddy

This from the guy that wants the government to infringe on the rights of FaceBook and Twitter and Google...consistency is not one of your strong points.
To protect the public forum yes ,, free speech

YOU CANT INFRINGE ON OUR RIGHTS
That is not what our Constitution says. If you were American you would know our Constitution is more specific about infringement of specific rights and rights themselves. Many Americans don't really fully understand their rights, so Russian trolls certainly should not be expected to understand them..
Huh

Obviously, ther e is a full moon wherever some of these posters live.

no sense following this thre
Maybe not

Obviously, there is a full moon wherever some of these posters live.

no sense following this thread any longer.

Forum List

Back